“Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
League City, Texas
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel! The staff could not have been friendlier or more accomodating. The furnishings were amazing and the bed was super comfy. I loved the breakfast in the morning, as well as the Keurhig in each room. The business center allows for free access, which is a nice change of pace. I ate a both restaurants and enjoyed the experience quite well. I cannot wait to go back again!

Room Tip: I stayed in the shoe factory part of the hotel and loved it!. Super high ceilings and large rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed 1 night at the Craddock Terry and it really was a cool hotel. I loved all of the old shoes on display and especially loved their resident dog, Buster Brown! He was lounging in the sunny lobby when we were checking out. The breakfast they leave for you each morning is pretty average - croissant, yogurt, fruit and delicious orange juice...if it wasn't fresh squeezed, then I need to find out what brand they're using! The only negative that I encountered was that the bathroom in the room didn't seem to have any heating vents, so getting out of the shower was chilly (although the shower was awesome - huge!) and the room was pretty dark with only a couple lamps to read by. Other than that, highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My son lives nearby, in walking distance actually, in an historic building which has been converted to apartments. My parents, aged 77 & 80, wanted to visit him. Since his apt is a small one bedroom, I needed a hotel room for my parents and wanted them nearby. They were like kids in a candy store! They had never stayed anywhere so nice and enjoyed everything about the hotel, especially my mom, since she loves shoes! And my dad, who can be hard to please, thoroughly enjoyed it. The trains didn't bother them at all and they do have sound machines for the people who need them. There is nothing negative to say about this hotel. It was spotlessly clean, elegant and a true joy. My sister and I plan to go back soon, and this time we are staying there, instead of sleeping on an air mattress in my son's apt!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Return visit for business on Christmas Eve. Was looking forward to a nice evening since my better half joined me. Alas, I was ill with the flu, the weather was dreary, and our room was not as nice as the one I'd had previously (which was on the first floor in the main building).
This room was in the building where Shoemaker's is (couldn't go to the restaurant since it's closed on Sundays). I'd heard these rooms were nicer so again, I was anticipating an upgrade. Didn't happen. The room was smaller, darker, had a really noisy AC system. Bed was so close to the wall it was hard to get in and out from that one side. No fan in the bathroom. Tub and shower separate, but the tub didn't have a stopper in it - instead of repairing/replacing this, there was one of those cheap plastic sink hole covers. yuck.
I slept relatively well mostly from exhaustion but my guy woke up to all four trains going by. Flat screen TV seemed small for the room and there's no HD service. We got our breakfast but there was no brie. Room service came by at 930 am; while we didn't hang a "don't disturb" sign, don't they check to see who has left before bothering to knock prior to check-out? There weren't that many folks staying that night and the front desk is only a few steps away.
I enjoyed my first stay and will likely return. Folks are friendly and the rooms aren't bad....just had higher expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Craddock Terry Hotel several times in the past; however I had not been there since May of 2012. When we arrived we were greeted by Christin Gregores (Hotel Service Manager) and Chris McSwain (Shoemakers Restaurant manager). They not only remembered me and my wife but took the time to catch up with us on our lives. I have traveled all over Virginia and have stayed and dined at hundreds of places, but this is the first time I have written a review. The Craddock Terry Hotel is unique in itself, but it is the people that work there that make all the difference. All the staff and I do mean all the staff are professionals. They are genuine in there smiles, service, and the work they carry out on a daily basis. Christin and Chris made us feel like we had come home.

William and Lisa Coalson

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed in Lynchburg many times (growing up in the area) and saw that this hotel was being built. When we stayed there over Christmas, it was a wonderful experience. The Christmas tree had a lit big red shoe (their trademark) at the top. There was even a small Christmas tree with shoe ornaments in our room. As many have already said, the building was an old shoe manufacturing plant. They have kept that theme going by keeping some touches from the old factory. The lights above the doors are from workbenches. There are pictures of various types of footwear on the doors. Breakfast is served in an old shoe shine kit. There isn't much to say about the breakfast, but it is delivered to your door and will hold you until something better. Trains do cross behind the hotel, but that is part of its charm. Yes, the area hotel is in is a depressed part of the city, but don't let that frighten you off. In general, Lynchburg is a safe city. I would hope that other businesses come to the area to provide their services. The building just behind our room would make an excellent mixed use establishment. The shower was huge, but the bathroom area could use some more hooks and lighting. The bed was quite comfortable, as was the rest of the furniture. You can even buy the furniture for your own home (saw it in the information notebook provided in the room).

Room Tip: For a special event, you can have rose petals strewned across the bed (for a small fee, of course).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Craddock-Terry is a refurbished she factory, but is is a great hotel, very unique. The room were huge, and the ceilings where about 10 feet high. The whole atmosphere was great. The breakfast is served in an old shoe shine kit box, you pre-order he night before, and it's delivered in the morning! We had the "Night on the Town" special, with a bottle of champagne waiting on us upon arrival, and $50 for dining at one of the restaurants. The Waterstone restaurant on-site had great pizza as well!

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet, and right under "the big red shoe"!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Craddock Terry Hotel? Share your experiences!