“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Lynchburg B&B and Inns
Washington, D.C.
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

I was overwhelmed at how nice my room was at the Acorn Hill Lodge. It was a perfect place in that it was comfortable, quiet, relaxing, economical, and had a great balcony to watch the sun set. The owners, Robert and Wanda, were very friendly and welcoming. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Huge room
  • Disliked — I have nothing to complain about
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

My daughter will be attending a nearby college in the fall, and I spent a night here while she was at freshman orientation. I had booked a standard room but was upgraded to a perfectly lovely suite. My room was airy, spacious, clean and had a full kitchen. The wrap-around porch was great, and the setting is quiet and relaxing. Robert was wonderfully friendly and accommodating (and cooks a great omelet). I have already booked 2 other dates in the fall. It was a charming experience.

• Liked — room and porch
  • Disliked — no down side !
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

We visited the Acorn Hill Lodge this weekend. We made the trip to Lynchburg for a wedding take place in a town nearby. The lodge is simply stunning and our room was very spacious and clean - with a large bathroom and a kitchen in the room. The wrap around porch is stunning and is great to sit out on a breezy spring night.

Both Wanda and the innkeeper, Anita are really friendly. Breakfast was prepared and readily available for us the next morning - free of charge.

If you are planning a trip to Lynchburg, the Acorn Hill Lodge by far is the best accommodation site in town.

• Liked — Beautiful room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2007

My brother and I stayed at the Acorn Hill Lodge for five days for a family reunion. We were each travelling with two adults and two small children (ages 1-4), and stayed in the VIP suite and a king suite, with corresponding rollaway beds and crib. We have stayed in many of the larger hotels in town previously, and were found Acorn Hill to be absolutely terrific with pretty competetive rates. Robert and Wanda were extremely accessible and accomodating, the rooms were clean and spacious (plus, it was great having a kitchen with a full refrigerator and microwave), the lodge charming, and the location convenient. It was nice to look out the window and see the fall foliage rather than an asphalt parking lot or commercial lights, and the place had the feel of a bed and breakfast, but with much more room. We'll definitely be staying here again!

• Liked — large, clean rooms
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

If you're in the Lynchburg, Va area make this your place to stay. The suites are large and spacious with a full kitchen. The lodge has a beautiful wrap around porch perfect for morning coffee, or afternoon reading. Our host, Robert and Wanda were the most gracious and lovely people you could find. They made us feel most welcome and like we had known them for a long time. The hospitality was excellent. The suites are large, clean and comfortable. The price of a room here is no more than you would pay at a hotel, and the stay is so much nicer! The lodge does has a nice web site, but you are unable to book online, you must call them directly. If we are ever in this area again we would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Disliked — A little hard to find
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

I could not have been happier with my stay at the Acorn Hill Lodge. The rooms are HUGE and the wrap-around balcony on the second floor is fantastic. Robert and Wanda were very accomodating. I checked in after 11pm, and the fountain on the property was still on and lit up to welcome me. I'm very tall, and by the third and last night of my stay, Robert told me that he had gone out and purchased an extra large bed. He said that if I planned on coming back, I should be more comfortable in this new larger bed. I will be staying at this great lodge each time I return to Lynchburg.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Acorn Hill Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!