“Average Room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1910 University Blvd., Lynchburg, VA 24502   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Roanoke, Virginia
“Average Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay for a Liberty University intensive class, like many reviewers. It seemed convenient to the class location and had a good rate. However, let's just say you get what you pay for! The room seemed dirty (spots on the walls) and have thin walls (so I could hear people stomping around upstairs). I liked having a regular-sized fridge, microwave, and sink to eat in, and the staff seemed nice, but I think I'll look elsewhere for my next intensive. There was no hair dryer in the bathroom (I thought most hotels had that; yet there was an iron and ironing board?), the drain in the tub was slow in draining, and the bed sheets and towels were thin and not great quality. If you're the type of person who can sleep anywhere, then I would say stay here. If you're like me and want some place that has more quality, perhaps check out the Wingate or Kirkley. They're more expensive but I personally need a place where I can actually sleep well for class, and I felt I didn't get quality sleep between the bedding and loud walkers upstairs (the latter was only the last 2 nights, thankfully, but still!)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just stayed here for a visit to the university the customer service is excellent but the cleanliness of the upkeep of the hotel wasn't so great. Rugs were stained and the overall rooms and lobby need care. Very convenient and would stay again if improved. But everyone so nice and very good customer service ! They accomadated US the best they could have by recleaning our rooms.
Also it has smoking allowed too horrible on third floor. Should be no smoking.

Room Tip: Don't stay on third floor smoking!!
Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am happy to read your remarks about customer service. However, I am very sorry that you found the hotel's cleanliness did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken actions to ensure your experience is not repeated. We will be inspecting guest rooms prior to guest check-in. Still, I am pleased that our staff provided excellent customer service during your stay.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lyn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Harrison, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went to Liberty for friendly friday. The location was great. Walk to everything. The price great. But the rooms hotel and corridors were filthy. Our room was totally gross. If it were not for the Amazing and excellent customer care service from front desk rep. Jasmine it would of be a horror. Jasmine after her shift at 11pm along with heather went up to our room and cleaned and changed all of our linens washed the walls(there were gross stains all over them) and gave us brand new pillows. She went above and beyond. Unless they revamp the rooms and do not allow smoking we will not be coming back. Did i mention how filflthy the rugs were that we put towels down that when we picked up the towels, they were brown.. If extended stay would revamp, we would stay here again but only if that. THe location and staff are amazing but the hotel less than desirable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dawn - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am happy to read your remarks about our great location and customer service staff. However, I am very sorry that you found cleanliness not to par. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going through the hotel room by room to make sure everything is as it should be.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lyn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I honestly don't get how this hotel gets a 4-star rating from fellow travelers, unless we're grading on a curve... Granted, the people at the front desk were extremely nice and accommodating but, at the end of the day, the quality of room matters more. The entire floor smelled like a combination of a full astray and dirty gym socks, and the room smell was worse still. My son has asthma and couldn't stop coughing as soon as we got into the room. The musty, lingering smoke smell got into our luggage and clothes after 10 mins. We checked out before we even unpacked. Thankfully, they provided full refunded without argument.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working hard to get the smell of smoke out the smoking rooms and the hallway.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at lyn@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Benton, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I love staying at the Extended Stay when I go to Liberty for my intensives. I am treated like family and the staff is very helpful. I love the fact that they have a kitchenette so that I can prepare my own meals while I'm there because it is hard for me to eat out with gluten sensitivity. The whole staff is friendly, helpful, and fun to talk with. Angel and Mike are both gracious managers that will help guests with everything they need. Justin hooked me up with taxi service the very first time I showed up late at night and I have been using that service each time I come. The location is great especially for Liberty students because it is right across the street in walking distance of almost everything, if you like to walk. The rooms are just right for me and always clean. Also I receive a discount for being a Liberty student which really helps on a tight budget depending on student loans for expenses. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone but especially Liberty students or parents due to price, location, and the great customer service. I rate Extended Stay an A+*****

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Lisa - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I am proud of our team for being able to provide you with such great customer service that you feel like a member of the family...when in fact in our hearts you're Our family!

Oswego, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay here. My daughter's dorm is just down the street, so it was very convenient. The staff were very polite and friendly, and they told me that since my daughter goes to Liberty University, I qualify for a discount. I enjoyed having my own kitchenette and lounge area; it made it seem more like home. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Terri - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff was so polite and friendly and we were so convenient to your daughter's dorm. I'm glad we provided a little "home away from home" while you were here.

Verona, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Due to a family emergency, my husband and I had to drive 9 hours to get to Lynchburg and arrived at the Extended Stay at 4am. Upon first glance, the room seemed to have exactly what we needed.....a king bed, a kitchenette, and a large bathroom with sufficient counter space, however, the bed was hard and the room was extremely noisy because we were in a corner room on the 1st floor with cars surrounding us on both sides. By the time we fell asleep, people were starting to check out of the hotel and the noise of doors slamming and cars pulling out of the lot on both sides of us was unbearable. We could even hear the people talking and walking on the 2nd floor above us. The rooms don't seem to be noise insulated very well. We were originally planning to stay at the Extended Stay for 4 nights but after the 1st night, decided that we needed to get some decent sleep and went elsewhere. The manager on duty was very apologetic and gave us a generously discounted rate for our inconvenience for which we were grateful. The staff also sent us a sympathy card when they found out we were down there because a family member was dying. The customer service was excellent and the rooms are equipped with the basics of what Extended Stay offers, but do avoid the corner rooms on the 1st floor if you want a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor might be a little less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you encountered noise that kept you awake during your stay with us. Still, we are happy to know that you were happy with my staff's customer service.

Been to Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.

Address: 1910 University Blvd., Lynchburg, VA 24502
Location: United States > Virginia > Lynchburg
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#6 Business Hotel in Lynchburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Lynchburg
Lynchburg Extended Stay
Extended Stay Lynchburg

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.