“Blah” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
BEDFORD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

When checking in front desk service was sub par. Very disorganized and sloppy. Even the lobby was dirty with may papers spread around and the smell almost burned your nose. I think they were trying to clean only with bleach as the smell was overpowering. When I got to my room the window was open and it was cold. I tried to shut the window but it was stuck open. I finally wedged it until it was partially closed. I then turned up the heat. It made the room stink even worse so I had to turn it down. There were water spots everywhere and the bed sheets had holes - worse was the fitted sheet was not even on the bed (thank goodness I brought my sleeping bag). The remote for the TV was unusable - probably because of the stickiness between the buttons. The bath was the worst. Hair in the sink and tub, more water spots on the mirror, no toilet paper, and dead spiders under the sink. The worst - THE WAS A HOLE IN THE TUB!!!!!!!! When I called down to explain the hole they told me I was lying. I ask for them to come and view it themselves and they told me they were too busy. I would have left, but they other hotels were booked.
Their breakfast is also a joke. the milk for the cereal is from a dirty pitcher, food is stale and the yogurt was expired and frozen. Also, I have never seen brown orange juice. Did not eat a thing. The person at the front desk wasn't lying when he told me he had no idea when the last time the juice machine was cleaned.
This was the worst hotel. They knew there were no rooms around which is why they were charging $150!!!!!! for CRAP!!!! Like I said in the title STAY AWAY!!!!! Next time I will travel outside of town to get a hotel than stay here again.

Room Tip: Everything is dirty. Take your own cleaning supplies if you stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eau Claire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were in the suite, there was lack of towels in the first place and when I requested addition I had to bring them my used towel before I could get another. For the breakfast many items were out, when told about it the staff kept socializing behind the desk and no one took care of anything. I liked the large suite but the bed was quite old and could have used an update. For the price paid in a suite I expected more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

When I pulled back the comforter, my sheets had 2 holes and were stained, and only 2 pillows of the three had a case. The remote to the TV didn't work and was covered in sticky stuff. The room was so bad, I only walked in my shoes, and bought 2 fleece blankets to sleep on top of. Better yet, at breakfast, it consisited of limp, defrosted frozen waffles to toast, and 2 kinds of cereal. All this for $130.00. What a rip off. Not worth your money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Asked if they had extra toothpaste and they gave me an open one and told me that was the only one they had. Asked for an extra blanket and they sent me to the 2nd floor supply room to get my own. Walked into the elevator and stood next to a large stinky black trash bag, rode down with it and sure enough when the elevator doors opened there was a housekeeper waiting for it. Backdoor of the hotel card reader did not work, so they propped open the back door for any "Tom, Dick, and Harry" to walk in. Half the lights in the hotel room did not work, the clean towels smelled musty, the grout in the bathroom tile was flaking apart. The bedding is outdated and old and pillows lumpy. To get a late check out is $10 an hour. You get what you pay for - nope, never again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Richmond
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel lobby was very hot as if the cooling system was not working.
Hall way had an unpleasant odor. Room was clean but again the unit the room did not keep the room very cool. I would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Lynchburg? Share your experiences!