“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Lynchburg
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was in town for two days on business and stayed at this property. This hotel is very central for most of the Lynchburg area, adjacent to key highways and the mall area. The property is probally 15+ years old, but over all in good shape. I found my room on the small size, but it was clean, the bed in good shape, quiet and the HVAC worked well, with a fan on mode. The front desk staff was busy on check in, but recognized me as a Priority Club member. My biggest disappointment with this property was the breakfast/ dining area. The breakfast was the ususal HIE grub, and I found the breakfast area very small, crowded and difficult to navigate (a remodel is needed!). Although not a stellar property, I found this HIE okay for a short stay.

Room Tip: The front side away from the highway may help with a room without possible road noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Paintman0954,

Thanks for writing a review of your recent stay. I'm glad to read you had a clean and comfortable stay, and we appreciate your feedback regarding some of our other amenities and breakfast area; I'll pass your comments on to our team for discussion as we aim to provide the best guest experience we can. If you would like to discuss further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, we're happy you rated our location and the quality of your sleep highly and hope to see you on your next trip to the area. Thank you again for your review!

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A renovated hotel ... not really my style. It was clean, the service was friendly yet it was and felt very crowded. Particularly the reception area ... never mind the dining area.

The room just wasn't welcoming ( broken arms on the desk chair ) ... not much care given to how the bed was presented. The b'fast food was acceptable ... only bananas for fresh fruit. HIE has stepped back from prior offerings. The small dining area was surprising.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear ABikeTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express and share your feedback - we're sorry that our furnishings weren't quite to your tastes and I will pass your comments on to our team for discussion. I am glad to read, however, that you found us to be clean and rated the quality of your sleep highly. If you would like to speak about your stay further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider giving us another try-out on your next visit to Lynchburg.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here one night as we had an early flight out of Lynchburg. Check in was quick. Very friendly staff at desk. Room was very clean. Bedding very comfortable. Lots to places to eat nearby. Convenient to airport - under 10 minutes. Typical breakfast of Holiday Inn Express. Eggs (not so good) but biscuits and gravy were good, cereals, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and good cinnamon rolls. Good room for the price. I would return.

The only con was there were two very bright parking lot lights right outside the window and only a sheer curtain so the room stayed somewhat lit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Beanas4,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and I'm happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and found our staff to be friendly and efficient. We also appreciate your other feedback and apologize for any inconvenience caused - if you'd like to speak further about it, please feel free to get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, we're grateful for your recommendation and look forward to seeing you again!

Steeler Nation, Pgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here only one night, but the experience was fantastic. We were in town for my nehew's graduation being held at Liberty University.The hotel staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The room was a handicap accessible and fairly large. The enormous king bed was comfortable and most inviting after a long drive.Everything was right at our fingertips. The morning buffet was filled with a variety of hot and cold food choices that were all delicious. I would definitely stay here again, if I were in this area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear SusanDelaney,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you had such a great stay and hope that you enjoyed your nephew's graduation. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and are also happy you found our accommodations very comfortable. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you for another visit on your next trip to Lynchburg!

Lynchburg, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Pros:
Great location
Common areas decently kept

Cons:
Value - they're at the higher end of the L'burg market, and don't compare well w/their price point peers
Staff didn't address noise problem from all-night partyers next door - we got no sleep in our higher priced room; there was also a real issue mid-afternoon, staff didn't answer the phone, we had to walk down to get someone's attention. They're running too thin for their occupancy.
Bathroom and towels - mold in the shower/tub, hole in one of the towels; this lack of attention to the most basic detail is a big turn-off that I would expect from a much lower-end property

This stay was just OK for us, the real problem was the noise and the staff's inability to handle it. When we checked out, the breakfast area was filled w/families and visiting college parents, so I think we happened to share a very thin wall w/the only 'problem guests' there. Regardless, this property goes to the bottom of my list. For that price, there are better options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear TT476,

Thanks for taking the time to review us and share your feedback. I'm so sorry that you had noise issues during your stay and that our staff didn't address it - we certainly understand the importance of a good night's sleep and I will pass on your feedback to discuss with our staff so that something similar does not happen again. However, I am glad that you enjoyed our location and public areas. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and hope you will consider giving us another opportunity when you are in Lynchburg.

cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

All thanks to Rusty and his staff for an excellent experience. From his warm welcome and the assistance he offered regarding room rates, I cannot praise his customer service skills more highly. The hotel was sparkling clean, the most comfortable night's sleep in superb beds. All in all, a great stay.

Dear FlorenceNewt,

Thanks for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express; I'm happy you had such a great stay and will pass your kind words on to our General Manager! Also glad to hear you found us so clean and comfortable. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg!

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were only here for about 12 hours but were very pleased and happy with our stay. The hotel was sold out the weekend of our stay. We were a little worried that sold out might mean a bunch of loud and rambunctious other hotel guests. Not so, we could hardly tell anyone else was even on our floor. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the comfort of the bed and pillows, and the furniture/fixtures (TV, love seat, desk, etc.) in the room. We were very pleased with the breakfast offered. All items were fresh, well-stocked, and delicious. Every staff person we came in contact with was very friendly. I rely heavily on TripAdvisor reviews. Please take my word if you are thinking about staying at the Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg that you will have a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear whoa1225,

Thank you for your review and we really appreciate your recommendation. I'm pleased to read that you had a quiet stay even though we were sold out for the night and also that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast so much. We look forward to your next stay!

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg? Share your experiences!