“Fantastic Food Welcoming Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Arlington, Virginia
“Fantastic Food Welcoming Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We ate on a super gloomy Saturday in January. We went because we saw the Shrimp and Grits on a sample menu from a B&B. We walked in to a sparkly clean restaurant to be warmly greeted by the hostess. She was friendly and gave good service the entire meal, drink refills before they were needed, friendly and helpful for every request. The food was *FANTASTIC*. I had the shrimp and grits--unbeatable. Not heavy, not greasy. Rather-They were fresh, tasty, unique, and just simply delicious. I *will* make a point to go back if I'm within 60 miles of Lynchburg. Oh! Very reasonable prices as well.

• Visited January 2012

“Best food in Lynchburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

I love Geralds!!! Everytime my wife and I go we get excellent service and the food is always hot and delicious. Often I can't decide what I want and I love that the cheff will make me whatever I want! Have had a few parties there this Christmas 8-10 people and the tables are always beautifully decorated! A must go!

“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011 via mobile

Our server was amazing, incredibly friendly. The soups were great, all homemade and delicious. The sandwiches are original and very tasty!! Couldn't have ask to find a better restaurant on our drive through Lynchburg.

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Great food, reasonably priced for the quality of food you receive.
Diverse menu, Chef is the owner.
Ribeye steak, ribs, salmon, homemade egg rolls are some of our favorites.
We had our wedding reception there on 1/9/11 for a party of 32 and everyone enjoyed the food.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Gerald's soup and salad bar sets it apart in Central Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Gerald's is a stand alone (not a chain) restaurant in Lynchburg's Wyndhurst Community, which offers a "kicked up" version of traditional southern cooking and a soup and salad bar lunch offering that is a cut above the norm for such offerings. The menu has an outstanding shepherd's pie, made from pot roast, not ground beef, and really good ribs and chicken. The star attraction is the lunch buffet with several kinds of soups, all of them excellent, and a salad bar. A server serves up bowls of soup and you get the salad for yourself. The salad bar includes some heartier offerings like chicken salad as well as the usual lettuce, spinach, and "fixins". It's all you can eat for about ten dollars, and the day I was there it included mashed sweet potatoes with toppings. The soups are genuinely home made and two or three bowls made enough of a meal with salad for two hungry men that day.

Service is quick and friendly and the atmosphere is reminiscent of a quality restaurant in any large city.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Gerald's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.