“Mold, Dirt on shower curtain” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mold, Dirt on shower curtain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Double bed room not laid out well. TV was located in between sitting area and beds. The biggest problem was the mold and dirt on the shower curtain. There are better hotels in the area. My daughter attends school in the area and I often stayed in Lynchburg. This was my first and last stay at SpringHill Suites.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Tanka12014,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us and deeply apologize that it fell short of your expectations. Maintaining a clean environment is one of our biggest priorities and our housekeeping team will discuss your feedback promptly to help improve our service. If you'd like to discuss your visit further, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below. Again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Rooms are clean, everything functions properly and a good place to stay , all employees seem to be extra friendly ,Staying there made our two night stay very pleasant and relaxing… a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Roe D,

Thanks for reviewing our SpringHill Suites; I'm very pleased you had a great stay and found our guest service so friendly! It's also great to hear that we succeeded in providing a home away from home for you. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg!

Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Check in was a breeze. Rental -room 208. Two beds + sofabed. Room was clean as was the bathroom. It included a mini refrid, microwave, coffee pot, desk, Wi-Fi. And there was doorbell outside of the room - First time I've seen that in a hotel. Breakfast was included (typical items: eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, oatmeal, juices, yogurt, coffee, muffins, and so on). Check out was a breeze. If in the area in the future, we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear PWentsel,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay; I'm delighted to read it was a clean and comfortable one and that you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer! We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg! Thanks again for your comments.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Upon arrival, Kaitlyn (sp?), was very kind and pleasant. I was excited to see modern rooms, digital thermostat, plenty of outlets, and everything I look for in a hotel.

Unfortunately my stay wasn't great. The sheets on the bed do not reach the head board, so my shoulders were uncovered all night. At 7:30 in the morning, someone set off the fire alarm with the toaster. To top the cake, even though I went for breakfast at 9:00 (ends at 10:00), there was no oatmeal left. If there is no oatmeal, carb options go drastically down hill if you're even slightly health conscious.

If the fire alarm hadn't sounded, if I didn't like sleeping in a cold room wrapped in blankets, and if I'd gotten up earlier, this would probably be 4-5 stars. Those three things excluded, great stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Sedonestars,

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel - while I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and found our staff friendly, I do apologize for the aspects of your stay that fell short of your expectations. If you would like to discuss further, please give me a call at the number below and I'd be happy to speak with you. Otherwise, I will pass your feedback onto our team for discussion - we definitely understand the importance of a well-stocked breakfast and use your comments in order to avoid similar issues in the future. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity to give you a great stay when you're in town.

(434) 822-2161
Davenport, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here while tripping through Virginia, and we were very pleased with our accommodations. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated, and well worth the price. Our suite was spacious, quite comfortable for three, and nicely appointed. We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Linda A,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our SpringHill Suites and hope you enjoyed exploring Virginia. I'm happy you had such a clean and comfortable stay and feel you received great value for your money. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait for your next visit to Lynchburg!

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed two nights on business. I like the layout of the room, similar to Hyatt Place, where there's a separate sitting/work area and sleeping area. The area was under a "boil order" due to a waterline break. They gave out bottles of water, slipped warning notes under the door, and shut down water-consuming items like the ice makers. Certainly not ideal, but not their fault and well handled.

Breakfast was good, nice selections. No oatmeal the second morning, I wondered if it was because there was no water, but they could have used Aquafina. I think they also could have made accommodations for orange juice (like getting gallons at the grocery) since the dispensers were shut off due to the water issue.

Front desk staff was cordial and helpful. One young lady helped us find a fun bar (The Neighbors Place...which I'm quite confident was the best thing going in Lynchburg on a Wednesday night) and I overheard another young man going out of his way to help a traveler find a hotel with availability...as the Springhill was booked, and for good reason.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear TeamW4,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your visit. I'm glad to read you had a good stay and would like to apologize again for any inconvenience caused by the water issues- we appreciate your feedback should we encounter any similar issues in the future. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our first impression of the hotel is that it is clean and the rooms are great. We loved having the separate family room area because we had a child sleep on the sofa bed and one in a crib. The breakfast was pretty good too but crowded. The front desk screwed up our reservation and so we didn't get the king bed we had reserved online but they knocked 25 percent off so it wasn't the end of the world. We didn't experience any issue with road noise as I have seen in some other reviews. We had a room on the back and my mom had one on the front and she didn't have any problems either. We would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear camcanknit,

Thanks for writing about your stay at our SpringHill Suites; I'm glad to read you had a clean, quiet stay and enjoyed your visit. I do apologize for the mix-up at check in, but am happy to hear our staff was able to resolve it to your satisfaction. We look forward to your next stay in Lynchburg! Thank you again for your feedback.

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to SpringHill Suites Lynchburg? Share your experiences!