“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Glendale, Arizona
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our second SpringHill Suites. This one appeared newer then Greensboro's. Exact same floor plan and very spacious. Great beds, very clean and comfortable throughout. The only small complaint was the towels were a bit scratchy to me. But I am comparing them to spa towels of other place so they were okay. My husband thought the breakfast fine. Particularly for the winter off-peak cost, it was very nice find.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Angell66,

Thanks for writing a review of our SpringHill Suites. Our staff works hard to maintain a level of cleanliness up to our guests' expectations, so I'm glad to hear that your stay was so comfortable. We take all feedback into consideration and appreciate your compliments. See you next time you're in Lynchburg!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Crozet, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Like almost every Marriott, the staff at this location was very friendly and accomodating. That's one of my favorite things about Marriott is the knowledge that our needs and requests will be met.

One of the things that makes this location stand out for me in comparison to other Marriotts is the decor. It has a bit of an "art deco" feel to it. It's a nice change from the typical hotel room look. Not only are the colors unexpected, but the decorators chose a variety of textures to add interest. All of this creates a different feel. I recommend looking over photos prior to booking to make sure it is something that will be comfortable for you.

The kitchen area is very well layed out and we appreciated there being plates and utensils already there (they are disposable). With the livingroom and sleeping area being partially separated, it was easy for me to work while my child watched TV, etc. Overall, the room was very spacious and clean.

As noted by another reviewer, the front side of this hotel does face a busy road. We turned the thermostat so that the fan was constantly running and had no problems sleeping. You can however request a room on the backside of the property where it is quieter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear ShellyT792,

Customer service is one of our greatest priorities so I'm happy to read that you had an exemplary experience during your stay at our hotel. Our guest rooms indeed stand out and we're glad that you enjoyed the decor and suite style. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your next stay in Lynchburg!

Coastal NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a music festival, very disappointed. Furniture in rooms is not comfortable. Marriott once again disappoints with duvets/bedsheets that don't come up far enough on the bed, even for my 5'7 wife. This seems to be a problem system-wide (I travel extensively and end up in Marriott properties more often than not because of corporate preference). No sheets in closet for sofa bed, only a duvet. Wet bar area has refrigerator and microwave but no trash can under the sink. This should be intuitive, unless hotel's cleaning crew enjoys picking up trash from the counter. Very noisy and easy to hear everything going on down the hall with your door closed. Food at breakfast buffet is forgettable, but hey, it's free.

Will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Bunky1998,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your visit was not up to your expectations and apologize for the issues you encountered. Many of our guests enjoy the furniture and room layout, so we regret that it was not to your preference. I have shared your review with the manager and we will continue to strive to reach all of our guests' expectations in the future.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you consider allowing us another chance during your next stay in Lynchburg.

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Easy check-in, CLEAN room and I loved how the sitting area was big enough for us all to spread out. We were facing 29 and the airport but the noise level was minimal. I liked how we could open our window for fresh air. Breakfast was good, crumb-cake muffins were the big hit with our family. Nice having to-go containers for those of us hitting the road early in the am. We'll be back when we come to Lynchburg!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Because of the cleanliness of the room; we were able to get a good night's sleep. From the very first time we set foot in the hotel, we had a sense of cleanliness, confortability and security which enabled us to feel completely content. The Breakfast was excellent and delicious! Our son attends Liberty University and this is his freshman year. The location is perfect; and we plan on booking this hotel for each and every event upcoming for the next 3 years! Special note for the Staff; most curteous and always had a smile - overall wonderful relaxing stay... you get a 10 in our book! We will see you again on 10/19!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently spent one night at the SpringHill Suites Lynchburg while traveling alone on my way to a family event in another state. I've stayed there before and chose to stay there again based on a previous positive experience. I was not disappointed. Everything was clean and fresh in this 100% non-smoking hotel. The business desk in my room was comfortable and featured multiple outlets for computer and phone. The bedside table lamps had two plugs in each of them as well. The bed in my King Suite was extremely comfortable. You do not have to wade through a complicated menu to access the free TV channels. The "kitchen" area is better equipped than many hotel chains in this price range. I requested and received a room on the top (4th) floor. As I was not on a schedule I wanted to be able to sleep in a little longer so chose the road/airport noise on the front side, which was little to none on a Thursday night, over the morning sun which you get if you stay on the back side. I travel with black metal clips which I use to secure the curtains in hotels if there's too much light in my room once I turn in for the night. There are a wide variety of items available at breakfast including hot oatmeal with a variety of toppings, whole-grain waffles and a hot breakfast bar including a meat. The hotel also features a small but adequate 24 hour snack shop in the lobby. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The outside doors are not flanked by smoking staff members, a fact that I much appreciate. At night I did have to cover the bedside alarm/I-Pod display combination with a jacket as it put out quite a bit of light once I turned the lights off in the bedroom. I used Marriott Reward points for my 1-night stay and this was very easy to do when reserving on-line. The hotel is in a great location for those not needing to travel through Lynchburg when headed north on US 29 as it is just before the Lynchburg "by-pass." Fans of the Hilton brands take note - a Hampton Inn & Suites is under construction right next door to the SpringHill Suites Lynchburg.

Room Tip: Front rooms have road/airport noise; back rooms have AM sun.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just came back from an overnight stay in Lynchburg VA. I was celebrating a first year anniversary meeting with a friend. Decided on Springhill. First impression was inviting. Everthing was clean and bright in the lobby. King suite was very spacious. I was so impressed by the microwave having paper plates with utencils ready for use. We did have a front 4th floor room which you could hear the traffice at night. If that is an issue try to get a back room on the top floor.
Bath towels were my only complaint, very cheap , not large, almost were as big as hand towels.
Breakfast buffet was not as good as I expected, disappointed with that. Coffee was great, however. I would stay again. In a great location as well, lots of shopping and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Lynchburg? Share your experiences!