“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Lynchburg
Dublin, Ohio
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Easy check-in, CLEAN room and I loved how the sitting area was big enough for us all to spread out. We were facing 29 and the airport but the noise level was minimal. I liked how we could open our window for fresh air. Breakfast was good, crumb-cake muffins were the big hit with our family. Nice having to-go containers for those of us hitting the road early in the am. We'll be back when we come to Lynchburg!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Because of the cleanliness of the room; we were able to get a good night's sleep. From the very first time we set foot in the hotel, we had a sense of cleanliness, confortability and security which enabled us to feel completely content. The Breakfast was excellent and delicious! Our son attends Liberty University and this is his freshman year. The location is perfect; and we plan on booking this hotel for each and every event upcoming for the next 3 years! Special note for the Staff; most curteous and always had a smile - overall wonderful relaxing stay... you get a 10 in our book! We will see you again on 10/19!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently spent one night at the SpringHill Suites Lynchburg while traveling alone on my way to a family event in another state. I've stayed there before and chose to stay there again based on a previous positive experience. I was not disappointed. Everything was clean and fresh in this 100% non-smoking hotel. The business desk in my room was comfortable and featured multiple outlets for computer and phone. The bedside table lamps had two plugs in each of them as well. The bed in my King Suite was extremely comfortable. You do not have to wade through a complicated menu to access the free TV channels. The "kitchen" area is better equipped than many hotel chains in this price range. I requested and received a room on the top (4th) floor. As I was not on a schedule I wanted to be able to sleep in a little longer so chose the road/airport noise on the front side, which was little to none on a Thursday night, over the morning sun which you get if you stay on the back side. I travel with black metal clips which I use to secure the curtains in hotels if there's too much light in my room once I turn in for the night. There are a wide variety of items available at breakfast including hot oatmeal with a variety of toppings, whole-grain waffles and a hot breakfast bar including a meat. The hotel also features a small but adequate 24 hour snack shop in the lobby. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The outside doors are not flanked by smoking staff members, a fact that I much appreciate. At night I did have to cover the bedside alarm/I-Pod display combination with a jacket as it put out quite a bit of light once I turned the lights off in the bedroom. I used Marriott Reward points for my 1-night stay and this was very easy to do when reserving on-line. The hotel is in a great location for those not needing to travel through Lynchburg when headed north on US 29 as it is just before the Lynchburg "by-pass." Fans of the Hilton brands take note - a Hampton Inn & Suites is under construction right next door to the SpringHill Suites Lynchburg.

Room Tip: Front rooms have road/airport noise; back rooms have AM sun.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just came back from an overnight stay in Lynchburg VA. I was celebrating a first year anniversary meeting with a friend. Decided on Springhill. First impression was inviting. Everthing was clean and bright in the lobby. King suite was very spacious. I was so impressed by the microwave having paper plates with utencils ready for use. We did have a front 4th floor room which you could hear the traffice at night. If that is an issue try to get a back room on the top floor.
Bath towels were my only complaint, very cheap , not large, almost were as big as hand towels.
Breakfast buffet was not as good as I expected, disappointed with that. Coffee was great, however. I would stay again. In a great location as well, lots of shopping and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here. Friendly associates, well appointed rooms (iPod player/radio, unique lighting) and great location. Close to airport (Cessna-type planes can be seen and heard often) and close to highways (busy highway in front of hotel). Restaurants and Target very close by. Small fitness center with dumbbells and cardio equipment. Basic hotel breakfast. Would recommend as it meets all of my requirements for a basic hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the non-highway/airport side will be quieter. There is a train that rolls through on that...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here the weekend of August 3rd with my 3 teen boys, 15,15 19 and 2 adults. So there were 5 of us. We try to stay in suit hotels with a pull out couch as more room. We were in Lynchburg as my oldest was doing a summer program in the Charlotesville area and we wanted to go to natural Bridge and some civil war sites.

As always the room at Springhill was spacious and we had a very plesant stay. In general the staff was very helpful. The only disappointment was when we asked for some recommendations on where to eat Friday night we did nto get much direction. But in general the location was great for what we wanted to do. We spent a good portion of Saturday in Lynchburg and then went to Natural Bridge.

We have stayed here once before on our way to the NASCAR race in Martinsville about a year ago and specifically sought out this hotel again. The breakfast was not much to write home about, but it was adequate for the boys.

We will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here two nights in August on an extremely busy weekend while moving my son into Lynchburg College. The room was spacious, clean & I really loved having the "divided room". All of the staff we encountered were very nice... Particularly on Saturday (Aug 18th) the gentelman working the front desk overnight.. I am afraid I do not remember his name. However while working on a project in my room late that night I realized I did not have any tape I went to see if there was any for sale in the little "shop" at the front & there was not however he was quick to loan me some from the front desk, & he was very friendly & well mannered. The only negative I encountered was a personal pet peeve.. I did not like watching staff being right outside the doors, smoking cigarettes blowing the smoke out right as they were walking in & going right back to working without stopping to wash their hands. .. I personally think that it just looks bad to see staff smoking right outside the doors, but every thing about the hotel was great! I not only would stay there again, but it's a place I would reccomend to my mother.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Lynchburg? Share your experiences!