“Huge Portions” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 279 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Connected to The Craddock Terry Hotel at Bluffwalk Center, Shoemaker's Grille offers the finest cuisine in Lynchburg.
Katy, Texas
“Huge Portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Shoemaker's has wonderful food. Although it is a fine dining restaurant the prices are very reasonable. In addition, the sides and meals are enormous! As the waitress told me, "they do not do anything small."

Visited October 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great food, service and atmosphere. Came back two nights in a row because it was so great! Don't miss this place.

Visited October 2012
“Great food, great value, would go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The locals of Lynchburg had suggested we eat at Shoemakers since we were staying at the Craddock Terry Hotel.

I had the Chophouse Salad and Crab cake appetizer as my entrees. My husband had a steak with mashed potatoes and said it was so tender!

Our food was so good, cooked quickly I just wish we had this restaurant where we live!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Windsor, Ct
“Nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stopped here for dinner and loved the atmosphere, southern hospitality, food, and the attentiveness of the staff. The service was great food presention was perfect. The only complaint was my RARE TUNA was anything but rare but I ate it anyway & it was flavorable and had a great taste. All in all I would be back when in town.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moneta, Virginia
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Shared dinner there for our son's birthday. As soon as we were seated, we noticed we were the only table in the restaurant without a table cloth! Apparently, they forgot to put one on when preparing the table. We had ordurbs of Calamari and Shoemaker onion rings. I suspect the Shoemaker onion rings were frozen and though the Calamari was good, it could have been cooked a little longer. I ordered the ribs, coleslaw and Shoemaker fries. Ribs were very tender but had an oriental sauce, which I though was too salty. Didn't care for the coleslaw. The Shoemaker fries are just frozen thin fries, not homemade or some kind of signature fries as I expected. Their presentation in a mini fryer basket was a clever idea, however. My husband and son both ordered the filet and scallops with salad, garlic mashed potatoes and vegetable of the day (a stalk of brocolli.) My husband's house salad was cold, fresh and delicious. My son's caesor salad, though good, had way too much dressing and ended up soggy. My son and husband always order their steaks medium rare. My husbands came well done but they immediately brouht him a properly prepared steak. My son's was medium rare but he got the end piece of the filet. Both steaks had some gristel mixed in the meat. The scallops lacked seasoning and were a little bland. The bread was just sliced french bread. We did have an excellent waiter. Would we go back? Probably not. The food quality was just not what we expected for the money.

• Visited October 2012