“Outstanding food and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Vienna, Virginia
“Outstanding food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had dinner with family at Main Street during our son's orientation at Lynchburg College in June. It just so happened that it was Restaurant Week and the food and service was absolutely outstanding! This was our third visit to Main Street and the quality of the food, the atmosphere, and the service have always been superb. Living in Northern Virginia, we have access to many fine dining restaurants in the Washington, D.C. area, but Main Street equals any that we have been to. We highly recommend Main Street and will eat there often when visiting our son in Lynchburg over the next four years.

• Visited June 2012

Jackson, Wyoming
“Best by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Clearly the best place to dine in Lynchburg. Excellent food

Visited June 2012
Lynchburg,VA
“A Divine Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

What a fabulous time my husband and I had at this delightful gem of culinary delight here in our hometown of Lynchburg. First off, my husband and I very seldom dine out. I am extremely partiicular and very little impresses me. For the most part, dining out to me is just an extreme waste of money and I am always disappointed. I had decided to take my husband out for a celebration dinner but was already prepared for another great disappointment. I went to trip advisor and read the reviews for Main St. Eatery. Even though they were exceptional, I was not expecting that we would find it to be a delightful dining experience. To my great surprise and utter DELIGHT, this fantastic gem did not disappoint. Right away, the waiter, Brett made us feel welcome and answered all our questions with patience and we really enjoyed him. The atmosphere was romantic, classy and we were not rushed in the least. The desserts were beyond spectacular and the variety was a feast for the eyes, as they are displayed on a dessert cart which is brought to the table. Brett patiently explained what each one was, and steered us towards a Boston Creme pie that was unbelievably fabulous. Even though I was in a state of pure bliss from the dessert, I must say that my favorite part of the dinner was the black bean soup. I make this soup at home and did not believe that I could experiece any better than mine;however, this was SPECTACULAR! I actually spent most of my dining time savoring each spoonful of this exceptional creation and had to close my eyes to savor the taste sensation. I do believe that I could live forever on this black bean soup and never,ever tire of it. Do yourself a great favor and experience this soup when you go. You will NOT be disappointed! I could go on and on about each thing that we ordered but I would be compelled to go into great depth concerning each taste experience of all the dishes that we had. Just know that the food is absolutely divine and well worth the cost (still reasonable). This is a restaurant that we will continue to come to when we want to experience the best that Lynchburg has to offer. I wish that there were more than five stars to rate this amazing restaurant. Thank you Brett and to the chef/owner for an outstanding evening!!!

• Visited June 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Overwhelmed by food, underwhelmed by service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I recently visited Main St. Eatery for the first time with my husband. This restaurant was recommended by several friends. The atmosphere was lovely. The decor and music playing was relaxing and romantic. The food we ate was amazing. The chef came out and spoke with us and was very charming. NOW... the downside... our server.
There was a main dish part of the menu and a seperate pasta section. I was in the mood for chicken AND pasta. I ordered a chicken dish and said I wanted pasta too, so I ordered some angel hair pasta. My husband was interested in the filet mingon, but the menu didn't state how many ounces it was. He asked our server and she replied that she didn't know how many ounces but that it was two good size pieces of steak- very large and plenty of food.
When our food came out, the steak was TINY! It was also wrapped in bacon, which wasn't state don the menu. My husband likes bacon, so it wasn't a problem. My dish came out with the chicken on a bed of pasta, so I assumed they had put them together for me, which was fine. But THEN she set down a separate bowl of past next to my plate and said, "here's the pasta you ordered!" I said, " I wouldn't have ordered this if I knew my dish CAME with pasta." Instead of offereing to take it back and take it off our bill, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, now you have extra pasta!" and walked of!!!! We were both shocked. I'm not sure if she didn't KNOW the menu and didn't know the dish I ordered came with pasta or if she just didn't feel like telling me. My dish also came with mushrooms all over it and carrots on the side. It would have been nice for the menu to be more descriptive, because neither of thise things were mentioned, along with no mention of pasta.
Since my husband's steak was so tiny, he ended up eating the extra pasta, which was delicious. I just wish our server had been a little more knowledgeable about the menu and informed me of it when I ordered pasta seperately for an extra $10.
Our disappointment quickly faded when we ate the amazing food. It really was outstanding. Aside from our server, who wasn't very personable or friendly either, it was a great experience. The dessert was to die for as well! I would advise others to ask plenty of questions about the menu since the descriptions leave a lot to be desired, and hopefully you have a knowledgable server who can help you! Overall, we had a nice experience and plan to return, in hopes of getting a different server!

• Visited April 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Main Street institution, the very best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The owner and Chef is always on the premisis. The choices are always free and creative. This is a gift from the food Gods and it offers a meal you will remember. How long has it been in Lynchburg ? Well it started out on Boobnsboro Road and morfed into the revitalized down town , now great for new restaurants. Eat here when your mother in law is in town and you can do nothing right, this place will give her a fit to find anything to ceriticize , may lead to her becoming tongue tied, now you would ntowant that would you? Go ,eat, enjoy,,, Did I mention the great wine selections? Are you still reading ? Go, Go now

Visited April 2012