“management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg

You added Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4640 Murray Place/Candlers Mountain Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Richmond, Virginia
“management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I currently was at the courtyard marriott visiting my daughter. Me, my wife, and my 2 year old grandson were having breakfast when all of a sudden a lady came in raising cain at the 2 men at the front desk. The tall man walked away and as he walked to the kitchen he had some not so nice things to say. The lady talked to the employees like they were children. It was all about a driver with a delivery. The young lady that was working in the Bistro came out to check on us, i think her name was Jessica or Jennifer. I told her about the situation and she automatically refunded our breakfast, gave us coffee and apoligized. Which it was not her place too. After the lady stomped out i asked the gentleman at the front desk who was she? She was a manager i was floored. She should not be a manager.I asked for the GM but she was not available. Marriott would not tolerate that type of behavior and I hope the GM does not. She was very disrespectful and never once said good morning to us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Jimmy B,
Thank you for writing. We are very sorry to hear about the experience you had while staying with us. Your valuable comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I appreciate you bringing this concern to my attention. I can assure you this has been addressed and improvements will be made in order to provide a more professional and positive experience. We value you as our guest, and we hope you'll consider staying with us again. Thank you again.

Kind regards,
Debbie Heming, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hotel was fine; typical Courtyard without challenges. My husband had a problem with the in-hotel Starbucks employees; they were handling trash, then went to make coffee without washing their hands and then gave him a hard time after he made his request for cleanliness. He got coffee at another Starbucks and shared his experience with the manager who assured him the problem would be addressed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DC_Miata_Driver,
Thank you for writing and for bringing this concern to my attention. I sincerely apologize for your experience as this is definitely not up to our high standards of quality service. Please know this is not something we take lightly. I assure you this issue has been rectified and I guarantee that our hotel's on-site Bistro follows very strict policies for maintaining the highest safety standards for food and beverage. We are again very sorry for your experience. We value you as our guest, and we hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.

Kind regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This a typical smaller Courtyard in every way. It's very clean, very quiet and comfortable. Nice view of the mountains, but warehouses in the foreground. You can hear trains from the balcony, but sadly you can't see them. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. It was a very pleasant stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Wayne R,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you enjoyed a pleasant stay with us at Courtyard Lynchburg. It’s great to hear that our clean accommodations and friendly staff met your satisfaction. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you for writing.

Laurel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

As a person with LOWER BACK ISSUES, my biggest beef was the fact that the bed was HORRIBLE!

Too soft, not enough support. Within two hours of "sleeping," my back was aching - even with the extra support I tried to provide myself with pillows on both sides and under my legs. You would think they would have firmer, more supportive beds at the $100+/night price point.

The location and service were okay. The room was clean, but I've definitely seen/experienced better (i.e. more upscale decor) - especially for a Courtyard Marriott.

Oh, and I'll confirm Batman's review that you have to run the hot water for at least five minutes before you actually GET hot water. Turned it off just a second, turned it back on, and it went BACK to cold water. Had to start the process all over again!

I won't be returning to this location!

Room Tip: Horrible bed for people with bad backs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
nrjluvs2travel,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. The issues you mentioned will be addressed immediately to ensure all rooms meet our high Marriott standards. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Courtyard in the future.

maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our third stay at this location. It was nice and clean. The pool was a nice temperature - just warm enough without being too hot. The hot tub was hot and relaxing. It was very relaxing. the linens were nice and fluffy and the water pressure in the shower was a consistent temperature and had great flow. All of the staff that I encountered were very friendly and polite. Check in/out was fast and friendly. This hotel is across the street from a mall and not too far from great restaurants. There is a really great Golden Corral and Bob Evans not too far away. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that they now charge for coffee/tea since there is a bistro at this location now. It won't stop me from staying here again but I enjoyed that perk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
beelacat,
Thank you for your patronage and review from your experience at Courtyard Lynchburg. I’m pleased to hear we consistently provide clean accommodations and friendly service that make for a relaxing stay. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your disappointment with the coffee service. The Courtyard brand standard has moved to offering a variety of delectable Starbucks coffee selections at our new Bistro, while still offering the convenience of brewing a notable individual cup of coffee in all guest rooms.

Your feedback is important to us as we strive to improve our guests’ experience. We sincerely thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to extending our hospitality to you again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

First impression - wonderfully friendly staff! Everyone I interacted with was super nice. Truly a great study on customer service. The accommodations on the other hand left a little to be desired. I was surprised to not find a microwave in the room as I'm pretty sure I've had them at other Courtyards. The rooms also seemed a little smaller than usual. The bed was comfy, though! I would potentially stay here again but they could stand some upgrades.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
kat3260,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing feedback on your stay. I especially appreciate your complimentary feedback on our excellent customer service and comfortable beds. I’ll be certain to share your kind comments with our wonderful staff that strives daily to provide an exceptional stay for each guest. Your feedback on opportunities for improvement is important to us as guest satisfaction is our number one priority. I’m sorry to hear the accommodations did not meet your satisfaction and we will make improvements to provide a more positive experience. We value you as our guest and hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was in Lynchburg for a week and started out at another hotel. Luckily I was able to get into the Courtyard later in the week for my last two nights. I stayed on the bottom floor in a room with two doubles. My room was very neat and clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and called to make sure the room was okay. Bistro staff was super friendly. Price was a bit high for a hotel in Lynchburg and a prior review suggested asking about a student discount- I was told they did not do that. Hotel was in an excellent location. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Mary B,
Thank you for wring a review regarding your stay with us at Courtyard Lynchburg. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay, our clean accommodations, and our friendly staff. We appreciate you letting future travelers know of our great hotel and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

Debbie Heming, General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lynchburg? Share your experiences!