“Our new place to stay in Lynchburg” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Cortland, NY
“Our new place to stay in Lynchburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We have been coming to visit our son in Lynchburg for the past 7 years and have been staying in a different hotel. Just to change things up, we decided to change to this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. This place was very nice. We met 3 different front desk associates, and each of them was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was large, with a refrigerator and microwave. The room had a coffee maker. Since the tap water is not very good I would recommend bringing bottled water to make the coffee. The bed was OK... a little hard, but some people like a more firm mattress. The TV was a flat screen. The WIFI worked really well in the room. The room was very clean. Breakfast was fresh fruit and pastries, juices and coffee. There is not a breakfast room, so it must be brought back to your room. Overall, definitely recommend this location, and we will stay here again on our visits to our son.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Manager_Econo185, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future. Adding a breakfast room is something that has been discussed and is in the works.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sun City Center, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

my wife and I were traveling up north to visit family and stayed here for the night. We never really know what to expect from a Econolodge, but were pleasantly surprised. We did have trouble finding it coming from the south as it is off the beaten path, thought not far from the highway, but there were no signs until we pasted it. However the room was quite large with two double beds. It had a refrigerator and microwave. It was very clean with cable TV and good wifi. The beds were comfortable. It was very quiet so we got a good nights sleep.

The breakfast was very limited, but then we expected that as we have stayed at other Econolodge motels on our travels. Over all we can recommend this motel and would stay here again if traveling in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I called a few days in advance to book my room, upon arrival in town, called the hotel for directions and the desk clerk gave precise wonderful directions which I had no trouble following. She asked me if I wanted the AC on in my room, and did actually go turn it on for me before arrival. I stayed on a Friday night, and asked her recommendation for a place to have a small informal breakfast meeting, she gave me several options in which I did end up chosing one of her recommendations (and actually saw her there later that morning). Should I need to return to Lynchburg again in the future I will always stay at the property. Staff was all very friendly and professional!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My wife and I were travelling to Buena Vista and just needed a place for the night. It had been quite some time since I had stayed in an "EconoLodge" b/c I had the impression that they were dirty, low end, last resort, cheap hotels. Because I had enough points for a free stay and after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I chose to give them a try and stay here.
The Good: We arrived around 1130pm and the lady at the desk / window was very friendly and had an upbeat attitude, which was nice after riding for almost 6 hours. She was just as pleasant at 630am when we checked out. The room was bigger than I expected and was very clean. The bathroom and sink area were also very clean. As were the linens. The bed was not a plush pillowtop or anything, but it was comfortable. Not that we needed them, but there were also a mini-fridge, microwave and big flat screen tv.
The things that could be better: Our room was on the street side and occassionally, I could hear a truck go by, so you might want to get a room on the back side; especially, if you are a light sleeper. The "breakfast" consisted of a few muffins, pastries, OJ and coffee. There was only 1 chair in the room, a second one would have been nice. Lastly, the noise from the shower was very loud and I mean very loud. You can forget about sleeping in while someone is in the shower.
Overall, we needed a clean bed and shower for 1 night. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this hotel for someone passing thru.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Manager_Econo185, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
I am glad that you gave us a chance and look forward to seeing you in the future. I am sorry about the one chair and shower, I will have both of those looked into quickly.
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Arrived in Lynchburg for a tour of both Colleges (Liberty Unitversity and Lynchburg College) directions provided by the website were accurate. Checked in about 12:30 despite the 3 o'clock check in time with no problems. Front desk area was beautiful with helpful individuals. Ask the clerk on duty about a nearby restaurant with seafood, directed us to a local restaurant and provided us with a map and directions to the restaurant and return directions back to the property. Asked to be in a non-smoking room and acutally got a non-smoking room, not just a room with a sign on the door. Later that night returned and ask for 2 more towels and an extra pillow, instead of you can come get them, they were delivered to us.

The following morning, went to get breakfast in the lobby, fresh coffee (didn't taste like it had been sitting for hours). Had muffins, pastries, and honeybuns. With this experience and future trips to Lynchburg, I will always stay at this location.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stayed here for 3 days and found the room,staff and housekeeping plesant.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I stayed here for a couple of weeks while I worked. The staff was not very nice. The room was clean and big. The price wasn't great for what I got. But overall I guess it was ok. The breakfast was a laugh, really sad. They really need a better breakfast. All they had was donuts and coffee & thats it. But the room was clean & the bedding was good. I had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!