“Poor rooms nice staff ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5604 Seminole Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 24502 (Formerly Inn Lynchburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Poor rooms nice staff ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Room 205: Heater ran constantly, heater unit is seperated from frame, can see outside looking at it. Had to physically remove and flush flying stink bugs. Had room facing street and was very noisy. No elevator, in need of updating for the price of the stay, disappointed. Breakfast is mediocre. The lobby is locked and can't be accessed by card, you have to go through the front, great when it is pouring rain outside. Staff were friendly and that is about all the good I can mention.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Janecekcustoms,

I am so sorry about your experience at our hotel. My team and I strive for total guest satisfaction. I am glad we were able to refund you the full amount of your stay through our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, though I know that does not make up for a bad experience. I am happy that my team was helpful during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lynchburg, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The room was clean and functional. The mattress was something one would have four 25 years ago. Stay at Holiday Inn express next door. The notes is a bit outdated. Their is a new Hampton Inn and Suites being built nearby. Hotel is close to good restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Jeffrey O,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I am saddened to see that you did not enjoy your time with us. My team takes great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and I’m glad you were able to find some local restaurants to dine at during your stay. Please contact me at Michel.Bergeron@Hilton.com, I would like to make this right by you.
Fredericksburg, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel was not accommodating for my trip. The hotel staff was not helpful and the room they provided was disgusting. It smelled of cigarette smoke the point we became nauseous. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and hard. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and based on my travel experiences around the world to include Uganda, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There is a Hilton Garden a few miles away that I will stay in for the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Billy E,

I am glad we were able to communicate regarding your recent stay. I wish to apologize again that you did not get a restful night's sleep with us. Though it does not remove the bad experience, I am grateful that I was able to invoke our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for your stay and refund your money. I know that you did not intentionally book a smoking room online, and wish we had had another room available to better accommodate you during your stay with us. I hope my answers regarding future bookings will assist you in your travels.
Clemmons, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This Hampton Inn was not up to the standards that I have come to expect from staying at a Hampton Inn on several occasions in different cities. It was nothing more than a motel, with parking in front of your door and small, cramped rooms (like Motel 6). Holiday Inn Express is right next door. Stay there instead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Stan H,

I am so sorry that our hotel did not meet up with your expectations. We are one of the few remaining exterior corridor Hampton Inns. We strive to make sure all our guests are aware of this prior to arrival and I hate that you were disappointed when you arrived. We are currently constructing a brand new Hampton Inn & Suites due to open summer of 2014 and we hope you will come visit us again. Please contact me at Michel.Bergeron@Hilton.com so I can connect with you and make this right.
Fairfax Station, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hampton Inn should be ashamed to keep this "hotel" in their portfolio. This is just a converted low class motel from the 60's! If you stay here you will get a nasty surprise as it does not meet the usual Hampton Inn standards. The building has outside corridors and dated interiors. The walls inside are stucco. Our room had a heating/ cooling unit that was loud and did not work, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, deeply chipped bathtub and had not been cleaned successfully, someone had been smoking in our room and it stank. I begged my husband to go elsewhere but it was late so we ended up staying. Needless to say it was a very long night. On the flip side, the desk clerk and breakfast lady were delightful. The staff is doing the best they can to make a bad situation tolerable. They were the only positive part of our overnight. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear sunshine49jbd,

I am glad we were able to communicate about the issues you faced during your stay and that we could resolve the situation under our 100% Hampton Guarantee. I hate that you did not enjoy your time with us. We were constructed in 1994 as a Hampton Inn, but do understand that many travelers today do not look favorably upon exterior corridor properties. As a result, we are constructing a brand new Hampton Inn & Suites due to open in summer 2014. In the meantime, my team’s goal is the satisfaction of each of our guests while providing the same amenities that Hampton loyalists expect – such as our complimentary breakfast and High Speed Internet Access. We also offer complimentary car washes and a freezer stocked with frozen treats for our guests. Otherwise, we’re very thankful for your kind words regarding our staff as providing excellent service is one of our biggest priorities. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Felton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was our second time staying at this particular Hampton. The room was clean and comfortable. Even though we were disappointed upon our arrival with the fact that we had stayed there in January and received a Walmart Driver Discount and when we checked in this time we inquired and was informed no. We would stay in this location again and recommend it. It is close to all activities at Liberty University and the surrounding area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Leigh Ann E,

Thank you so much for letting the TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. I am the new General Manager of the property, and unfortunately, I am not aware of what may have happened with the discount you received in January, and apologize for any lack of communication regarding its discontinuation. We hope to see you again!
Ephrata, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I called 3 weeks in advance, made a reservation for 3 adults in a room. They documented my account with needing a Roll in Bed upon my request. Upon arrival, it was stated there are none left and that they are first come, first serve resulting in me sleeping on a hard floor after an entire day of driving! A reservation is a reservation and no one indicated to me it was availability upon arrival only. If you reserve a Roll in Bed and it is documented, I would think the hotel staff would have put one back for all those who have this reserved in advance. The 100% Satisfaction Guarantee worked in this case as I received a refund.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Steven F,

I hate that you had an unsatisfactory night sleep, but am grateful we were able to refund your money for the stay. Unfortunately, our policy regarding roll-aways is not a result of our reservation system. Just like room location, we cannot ever guarantee a roll-away to an incoming arrival. We do our best to accomodate requests, but sometimes they cannot be fulfilled. Guests can sometimes extend their stay unexpectedly, who already have a roll-away in their room, resulting in a hotel shortage. I certainly understand your frustration, and wish we had been able to better accomodate you during your stay.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!