“A Terrible Surprise!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5604 Seminole Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 24502 (Formerly Inn Lynchburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“A Terrible Surprise!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hampton Inn should be ashamed to keep this "hotel" in their portfolio. This is just a converted low class motel from the 60's! If you stay here you will get a nasty surprise as it does not meet the usual Hampton Inn standards. The building has outside corridors and dated interiors. The walls inside are stucco. Our room had a heating/ cooling unit that was loud and did not work, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, deeply chipped bathtub and had not been cleaned successfully, someone had been smoking in our room and it stank. I begged my husband to go elsewhere but it was late so we ended up staying. Needless to say it was a very long night. On the flip side, the desk clerk and breakfast lady were delightful. The staff is doing the best they can to make a bad situation tolerable. They were the only positive part of our overnight. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear sunshine49jbd,

I am glad we were able to communicate about the issues you faced during your stay and that we could resolve the situation under our 100% Hampton Guarantee. I hate that you did not enjoy your time with us. We were constructed in 1994 as a Hampton Inn, but do understand that many travelers today do not look favorably upon exterior corridor properties. As a result, we are constructing a brand new Hampton Inn & Suites due to open in summer 2014. In the meantime, my team’s goal is the satisfaction of each of our guests while providing the same amenities that Hampton loyalists expect – such as our complimentary breakfast and High Speed Internet Access. We also offer complimentary car washes and a freezer stocked with frozen treats for our guests. Otherwise, we’re very thankful for your kind words regarding our staff as providing excellent service is one of our biggest priorities. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Felton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was our second time staying at this particular Hampton. The room was clean and comfortable. Even though we were disappointed upon our arrival with the fact that we had stayed there in January and received a Walmart Driver Discount and when we checked in this time we inquired and was informed no. We would stay in this location again and recommend it. It is close to all activities at Liberty University and the surrounding area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Leigh Ann E,

Thank you so much for letting the TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. I am the new General Manager of the property, and unfortunately, I am not aware of what may have happened with the discount you received in January, and apologize for any lack of communication regarding its discontinuation. We hope to see you again!
Ephrata, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I called 3 weeks in advance, made a reservation for 3 adults in a room. They documented my account with needing a Roll in Bed upon my request. Upon arrival, it was stated there are none left and that they are first come, first serve resulting in me sleeping on a hard floor after an entire day of driving! A reservation is a reservation and no one indicated to me it was availability upon arrival only. If you reserve a Roll in Bed and it is documented, I would think the hotel staff would have put one back for all those who have this reserved in advance. The 100% Satisfaction Guarantee worked in this case as I received a refund.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Steven F,

I hate that you had an unsatisfactory night sleep, but am grateful we were able to refund your money for the stay. Unfortunately, our policy regarding roll-aways is not a result of our reservation system. Just like room location, we cannot ever guarantee a roll-away to an incoming arrival. We do our best to accomodate requests, but sometimes they cannot be fulfilled. Guests can sometimes extend their stay unexpectedly, who already have a roll-away in their room, resulting in a hotel shortage. I certainly understand your frustration, and wish we had been able to better accomodate you during your stay.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My brother-in-law had a heart attack. He was admitted to Lynchberg hospital and we needed a place to stay near it. They gave us a list of several. We picked Hampton since we new it would be clean, neat and a good room. Staff treated us very well. First time at this hotel, but it was an excellent stay under dire event. We would pick this hotel any time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dead TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding my team and your stay! I am so sorry that you stayed with us under such circumstances. My team & I send our positive thoughts to your brother-in-law and your family.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The bed was way too hard with no cushioning whatsoever, resulting in a backache which I am still nursing. Also, pillows too mushy. Breakfast bar is adequate, but cramped and the eggs were like rubber. Easy to find, good location. Room entry doors open to outside, not an interior hallway, which is preferable, which means that you have to go outside to get to the breakfast area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lisa52,
I am so sorry to hear about your experience! We offer Hampton Inn standard Cloud 9 beds by Serta because guest comfort while sleeping is our #1 priority. I hate that you had an unrestful night due to our bedding. Please contact me at Michel.Bergeron@hilton.com so I can make this right! I also wanted to let you know that as a brand, Hampton Inn has seen that our guests do not like our eggs - and soon we will have new eggs to offer! My team is excited, and we hope you will be too.
Lynchburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great Hotel with room as as expected. 2 minor down points they ran out of bacon early for the breakfast and did not refill that item. Also there was no easy access for an electrical outlet near the beds or the desk for a computer. I had to go out go out and buy an extension cord for my computer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Thomas G,
Thank you for letting the TripAdvisor community know about your recent stay! I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. I am deeply concerned, and apologetic, about the bacon and will find out what happened with my breakfast team. I am so sorry about the lack of plugs near the outlet, this is something that Hampton requires and we are currently looking into fixing. Please contact me at Michel.Bergeron@hilton.com, I would appreciate the opportunity to reimburse you for the extension cord.
Grand Prairie, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I didn't get even a single nights sleep! One night, I had to park at another hotel, as there was no parking available. I asked a staff member which way to my room, and they gave me the wrong way. I stayed in hotels all over the world and some even for $10-20 a night and they were much better than this hotel. I would rather sleep in my car than stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michel B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Raul D,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our property. Parking is not normally an issue at our property, but due to Liberty University homecoming, we had more cars than normal throughout the city. I have invoked our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for your reservation, and I hope that you will contact me at Michel.Bergeron@hilton.com so I can further rectify this and apologize to you personally.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!