“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kirkley Hotel

You added Kirkley Hotel to your Saves list
Kirkley Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 Candlers Mountain Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Kirkley hotel was very nice and clean and the price for the days that we stayed there was very close to budget hotel prices. We were surprised at the fancy look of the rooms and lobby inside the hotel. The hotel also has a nice indoor pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PeteTrip, Owner at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your kind words.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Be sure to book directly at our hotel using the link on Trip Advisor and take advantage of the Free Breakfast coupon on this site.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Canton Center, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Back again and even more pleased than last time. This time around we did have the one missing element I mentioned in my last review- a fridge as well as a microwave. The microwave came in especially handy when my wife had to heat water for a special sinus rinse she needed to do. Pool was great for grandchildren to spend time with us.
It's not a 5-star (luxury) hotel but gets a 5 rating for meeting the quality we expected and is probablHelene of the best in town. Definitely a good bet.

• Stayed October 2012
PeteTrip, Owner at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Those are very high compliments.

We don't have refrigerators and microwaves in every room - yet. We do encourage everyone to make your request for one at the time of booking.

Be sure to book directly at our site and use the Trip Advisor Breakfast Coupon for your booking

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Hard to see from the highway because it sits back off the road. Doesn't look like much from the outside. Nice lobby. Friendly, unpretentious staff. Large rooms. Well-furnished. No microwave or fridge in our rooms. Good wifi. Decent value. No free breakfast. Faint scent of cigarette smoke in some non-smoking areas. Will consider staying again next time in Lynchburg.

Room Tip: Second floor is the ground level.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PeteTrip, Owner at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We appreciate the kind words.

As I read this review I find it to be a very accurate reflection of our property.

It also shows me that we have more work to do. We will keep striving to improve the hotel inside and out.
Charleston, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

AWFUL EXPERIENCE, TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT, NOBODY SMILED
I travelled to Lynchburg for work earlier this week. I chose Kirkley because it appeared to have a decent restaurant and a bar. I was particularly interested in the bar because I would be there on election night, alone, AND I figured it would be fun to have company while I watched the news. Little did I know this hotel has a "no politics" policy. I walked in the bar and CSI was on! I said, "You are not watching the news?" "No, Ma'am, bars and politics don't mix". There were two other gentlemen in the bar and they both expressed interest in watching the news because it was ELECTION NIGHT. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? The bartender turned it on for about 15 min. and then switched it off. I closed my tab and went straight to the manager. I explained that his restaurant was losing money b/c two patrons closed their tabs because on ELECTION NIGHT, he would not allow the news on.
I’m sorry, I thought WE WERE THE CUSTOMERS.
Oh and P.S. the staff is not to bright…when I checked in the manager-on-duty questioned whether I was a state employee of not. Apparently a photo ID with a Virginia PUBLIC university’s logo and “staff” printed on the card is not proof of state employment. After she googled the school she confirmed my deserved rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PeteTrip, Owner at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
It is true that we do not show political or news programming in our common areas. Our aim is to create a relaxing environment that can be enjoyed by all guests.

This guest approached our Manager in a very confrontational way that included profanity.

We also received a call from a guest on the floor this person was staying on. They complained that this guest was very loud and used profanity in the halls on the way back to their room to watch the election results.

We erred in selling a room to this guest on government rate, they were not entitled because we do not provide government rate to employees of pubic colleges and universities. We have addressed that issue with the front desk agent that checked this guest in.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found this hotel as a worthy hotel while staying in Lynchburg, VA. The hotel management must have experience because I found this hotel really tried to be more for its guests. Brand new carpeting throughout, good beds and furniture in the rooms and a thriving nightclub on the weekend. The restaurant is a little dated and the menu for breakfast quite small but they tried! Front staff was very interested in my stay and made me feel welcome. For the money, this is the best hotel in Lynchburg and well worth staying.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PeteTrip, Owner at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We are going to keep working hard to improve the property. We hope to exceed all expectations.

Pumpkin Center, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Same price as a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express, but much nicer. Friendly staff. Room was very clean with a comfortable bed. The restaurant, Johnny Bull's, was quiet and relaxing. The food was good and portions very ample. Our server was friendly and personable, if somewhat clueless as to the menu(not a bad thing, it actually made her more likable). Only negative was that our room, a non smoking, was at the end of the hallway by a stairway exit. Whether other people were smoking in the hall or in the stairwell, every time the exit door opened we got STRONG odor of smoke in our room. I stuffed a towel under the door and that seemed to fix the problem. I just thought it strange that a non smoking room would be on a smoking floor. Regardless, it was a nice stay and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PeteTrip, Owner at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I appreciate the kind comments, and I'm embarrassed about the smoking issue. We do have people that smoke outside the building and we do everything we can to restrict it.

We are vigilant about the enforcement of our smoking policy and charge $200 to anyone that violates the policy.

I will reach out this guest and do what I can to make a mends.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel itself has some age on it but overall seems to be very clean and the service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly. We paid $103 plus $50 pet fee for a Saturday night. In that price range, it was an excellent value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PeteTrip, Owner at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I'm so glad you had a pleasant stay and that you noticed the things we really concentrate on: service, cleanliness and maintenance.

See you again soon.

Been to Kirkley Hotel? Share your experiences!