“Expired food! Be careful.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn Lynchburg

Travel Inn Lynchburg
You added Travel Inn Lynchburg to your Saves list
Travel Inn Lynchburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1500 Main Street, Route 29 Exit 1 Main Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504 (Formerly Travelodge Lynchburg)   |
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
USA
“Expired food! Be careful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Checked in and the room key, while it turned the light green- the door would not open. It was as if something was up against the door on the inside. Management switched my room. All was well.
Next morning for the breakfast, I noticed the 'date' on the jug of juice had expired. When I called it to management's attention, she did not hesitate to go to the back to bring out a new one.
There were 2 blackened banannas in the fruit bowl for the offerings of the day for fruit.
It just seemed this Travelodge had a new definition for 'welcome'...it is 'go away'.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lynchburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

It seemed like an ok place to stay in when i looked online. But once me and a friend got inside the room it had a strong weird smell in it but we decided it was just one night here. We went out for a bit came back and there was hair in the microwave when we went to cook food. There was a cockroach in the room and we haven't even gotten through the whole night but i know i wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

Well I knew it wasn't the Ritz seeing as I booked this hotel valentines weekend for an overnite stay. I get in 9pm to a room a resevered 2 days in advance and the clerk asks would i mind switching my king size room for two double beds. I'm tall so that wasnt an option. Anyway so it's a standard room the tv was actually pretty big so that was an unexpected bonus. It was clean, nothing to fancy but again it was only 50 bucks so who am i to complain. As I prepare to go to bwd i pull back my covers and find a red stain. Luckily not blood but still unpleasant to see food stains in your "clean bed." I lift up the pillow case and find a sausage. I'm assuming the last people hear had pizza but WAIT that means no one cleaned the bed then....

Fast forward to this morning... It's only fitting that in a Bible-oriented city (Lynchburg) my shower would be only "hot and cold" no in between. The hot water really works, trust me! After a shower which was shorter than I would have liked I shaved or atleast attempted to. Halfway through my clippers shorted the socket, even though it had been only a couple of minutes. And its not a high tech shaver so I'd think the socket could take it, go figure. As I'm leaving my room for my car the room service calls to me, "do you need service today?" I'm thinking "today?" Aren't you supposed to cleam these rooms everyday. Maybe I'm asking too much from a cheap establishment. If anything I know what to expect but I doubt there'll be a next time this is definitely a no frills hotel stay.

• Liked — big flatscreen tv
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

Since another family member had booked our room plus 5 other rooms in advance I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews but after getting there I was pleased . It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. For the price it was quit nice. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. There wasn't that many people staying there so we pretty much had the pool to ourselves. If you don't have to have any thing fancy and you want a good clean affordable place to stay I would recommend staying here. Oh the breakfast was muffins, cereal, honey buns and fruit, which we didn't have a problem with. That is usually what we eat any way.

• Liked — It was clean and affordable
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

This motel is SERIOUSLY used for government housing. The Manager (Patel) told us. There are people hanging out outside ALL of the time. Kids not being supervised in the pool and riding bikes all around all of the cars outside. 2AM basketball and parties in the parking lot.
The motel is not in a good area. I was afraid to let my teenagers go out to the car alone.
The office is closed at night. "Breakfast " isn't served until after 7am.
All of the rooms SMELL BAD. We went into three of them. Each of them worse than the other.
The water will freeze then scald you over and over.
I would NOT recommend this motel.

• Liked — The ice maker worked
  • Disliked — The smell and the motel also being used for Section 8 Housing
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
The Southeast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

This establishment is situated in downtown Lynchburg and is within range of small arms fire from the happy, though less afluent inhabitants situated therein. While not a bad neighborhood, the fatigue with life and its predictability are palpable. Except for the ants, a missing blanket, and sparse toiletries, one must give credit that the room was otherwise clean, vacuumed, and the air conditioning did not smell. There have indeed been worse, though the continental breakfast did look like it was left in a Lincoln overnight. Seek this hotel if you simply need a reasonably clean room for the night and easy access to escape the next morning (the highway is nearby). For a longer stay, there might be better options available.

• Liked — The price, $65 a night and they provided a great map of Lynchburg.
  • Disliked — It looked like a reconditioned demilitarized zone.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

Our family of 4 stayed here on New Years Eve. The room was clean, but had a strong smell, somewhat like the smell of a perm. The beds were comfortable, but there were no fitted sheets (flat sheets were used for fitted sheets on both beds) and the pillows were very thin. It was difficult to regulate the room temperature & we found ourselves either too hot or too cold. You could feel a significant draft coming in from the door. The walls seemed very thin, as we could hear the people in the rooms on either side of us, as well as noise from outside (cars, people in corridors, train, etc.). The room had an iron/ironing board, coffee maker, hair dryer, refrigerator, small microwave, & a TV which had cabel. Lighting in our room was fine. The continental breakfast consisted of a few choices of cereal, bananas, toast, prepackaged pastries, orange juice, and milk. The milk was almost out when we arrived for breakfast (around 9:00 am). In the future, we would probably seek elsewhere for a better nights sleep.

• Liked — Price ~ $60
  • Disliked — Noise, room smell
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travel Inn Lynchburg? Share your experiences!