“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, TX
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I stayed here for two weeks and found this HGI to be extremely clean and comfortable. The whole hotel seems brand new and is kept spotlessly clean. It even smells new. The room furnishings are modern and very stylish. The bathroom has a nice granite countertop, the room has a flat screen TV, and the bed is very comfy with nice clean white bedding. The room has a mini-fridge and microwave, and the internet (wired and wireless) is free. There are also tons of cable channels on the TV. The hotel staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. The manager even came to meet us at breakfast. Breakfast was yummy and includes everything you could ever want: eggs made to order, pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon, biscuits, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, etc. I didn't eat dinner here (b/c there are tons of good restaurants in Lynchburg!), but I did see the restaurant dinner menu which looked AMAZING for an HGI. They have steaks, lobster, oysters, fresh fish, etc. etc. There were lots of people eating in the restaurant at night, so I imagine that it is very good.

However, I just want to give a few warnings / notices for others considering staying here:
1. Half of the 5th floor is smoking rooms and the other half is non-smoking. If you stay anywhere on the 5th floor, you are guaranteed to smell smoke. They always assign Diamond members to the 5th floor automatically, but in a hotel that allows smoking, this is a punishment for me rather than a reward for my loyalty. So, I always ask at check-in to be re-assigned to the 2nd floor and have never had any problems with the smoke. (I absolutely hate cigarette smoke!)
2. If you get an "even" room number (I was in room 220), you will have train tracks about 50 feet outside your window. Trains go by very frequently, but do not blow their horns (luckily). The trains never actually bothered me. I sleep with the air conditioner fan running constantly, which makes a very nice relaxing (in my opinion) white noise, blocking out almost all other noise. Also, I am a very heavy sleeper. If you are a light sleeper and don't have some kind of "white noise" going, request an odd number room because the trains will bother you!
3. Make sure to bring lots of $1 bills with you for breakfast tips if you plan on staying here for a few days. The waitresses will serve you coffee and hot breakfast items at your table, so you will feel obligated to tip. The cold / continental items are self-serve, however. I'm not sure how much breakfast costs because mine was free (I am Diamond) but it would be a good idea to tip $1 to $2 per person, per day.
4. The hotel is kind of difficult to get to if you are coming up 29 from the south. My GPS took me on a loop-de-loop tour of Lynchburg after flying into Greensboro from DFW!

In summary, I have no problems at all with this hotel. In fact, this is my ideal hotel experience! HGI feels like home!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback! I will be sure to share both your positive reviews and constructive comments with the rest of the staff. We always try to accommodate special floor and/or room assignment requests and I am happy to hear that we are always able to do so for you. Diamond members aren't assigned to the 5th floor as a general rule so I do apologize that it was mistaken as such. There are 5 smoking rooms on the 5th floor, and we understand that sometimes the smoke carries. We are doing everything we can to come up with a solution to this, to minimize any noticeable smell in the public areas and non-smoking rooms. Thank you again for your comments and business - As a loyal Hilton Honors Diamond member and valued guest, we appreciate your response. If there is anything further that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. We look forward to serving you again at the Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

i spent several month at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lynchburg. This is defenitely the hotel I recommend in this area. The Staff is the best ever, I really miss all of them.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I truly enjoy staying here while in Lynchburg, the restaurant is a real plus..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed for four nights spanning the time before, during and after the nearby Liberty University graduation. Not only was this hotel full, it seemed all of Lynchburg had filled up for the huge graduation event. Throughout our stay, our room was clean, comfortable and the employees of the property were pleasant and responsive. I thoroughly enjoyed the comfort of the modern, well-designed room, as well as the pleasant restaurant area. Breakfast was fine, with good coffee. The business center was clean, well-equipped and organized. The location was so convenient to the airport, restaurants and shopping. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2010
Thank you for staying with the Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg during your visit for Graduation. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to share this with the rest of the staff! If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

From everyone here at the HGI, Lynchburg, it is a pleasure serving you and we look forward to the opportunity to do so again!

Lauren May
Director of Sales
[-]
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed for three days in the hotel. The service was excellent, staff friendly and helpful, and everything I needed was provided. i also observed the hotel staff treating other guests in the most professional manner possible. The room was clean and comfortable and everything that was needed was provided.
Lynchburg, Va is lucky to have such a great facility.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

This is a nearly new hotel. The rooms are spacious and the staff is first-rate. The hotel seems to make the dining room a high priority, with delicious breakfast and dinner fare. The hotel is only minutes from the airport and is near shopping and other Lynchburg venues. A wonderful, well-run HGI.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Depending upon the location of your room, you may be awakened day and night by trains that seem to pass within inches of the hotel or a very noisy ventilation system if your door happens to be located near the hall vent.

My account was debited $50 for charges. This charge was not automatically rescinded at check out. I was told that the hotel has 72 hours to refund the amount even though no charges had been incurred. Unfortunately, Hilton could not assist me so I had to rely on my personal bank. I had not experienced this problem at a Hilton before.

I enjoyed the fireplace in the lobby, but the sitting area was not cleaned of leftover water bottles and crumbs from the previous evening. I had to clean a space for myself in the morning while the clerk at guest services watched me.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg? Share your experiences!