“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Lynchburg
Fort Lauderdale, United States
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

this is a great hotel with great staff and very comfortable beds and good shower- breakfast was really nicely prepared and presented- nice location across from a mall for quick dinner while on business travel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We selected this hotel for our one-night leisure stay in Lynchburg based on TripAdvisor ratings and mostly positive past experiences with Hilton Garden Inn (we are Hilton Honors members). We booked a AAA rate of $114 which was OK, though not amazing -- particularly because we were told upon check-in that the hotel was slow. We checked in yesterday (11/29) in the early evening and upon arrival in our room, I almost immediately discovered what appeared to be smeared feces near the handle of the toilet! I shared this disgusting discovery with my boyfriend, who immediately took photos with his phone (shown here). We went down to the front desk and spoke with Assistant General Manager Mary, who had checked us in, and showed her the photos. To her credit, she seemed almost as appalled as we were. She was very apologetic and immediately assigned us a new room. She asked what she could do for us and offered to comp our breakfast the next morning. I told her we did not intend to have breakfast in the hotel, so she instead offered us a $30 discount on our room rate.

I don't possess much sense of entitlement, but we thought our room should have been comped, or at least we should have been offered a more significant discount. When staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfax, VA, we merely mentioned upon check-out that there had been a noise problem the night before and we were immediately comped the one night. I cannot imagine how a guest might leave a hotel bathroom in this state -- but even worse, how, under any circumstances, could Housekeeping have turned over the room for check-in in this unsanitary condition?? This is the most unacceptable thing I have seen in any hotel (and I have stayed in many).

This morning, we awoke to a folio for the full charge. When we checked out, we started to ask the front desk agent about our discount and she interrupted us to advise that our room charge had been comped. We were much more pleased with this resolution. I asked for a revised folio for our records, and she went into the back room to retrieve it while my boyfriend loaded the stuff in the car. When she returned, she advised that actually, we really were only getting the $30 off! What a fiasco.

I really did not express to the hotel how upset I was about this situation, but I was shocked, appalled, disgusted, and sickened. I suppose I could have made a huge fuss and maybe the situation would have been resolved more to our satisfaction. I really just wanted to get the hell out of there. In the end, I expect this review will end up costing the hotel more than the $94 that we paid for the room. I would have felt obligated to write this review either way, since future prospective guests need to be aware of this.

We will obviously never stay here again nor recommend this hotel. The management needs to both review cleaning procedures with the director of Housekeeping, and reconsider how it responds to guests who encounter such issues.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
126SueS126, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I want to first thank you for taking my call and allowing me to personally apologize for your experience at my hotel. Second, my committment to all my guests to promise to do what ever it takes to ensure you are satisfied or you do not pay, you can count on me. I will see that you are reimbursed for your entire stay as I promised. I hope you will give us another opportunity to be our guest and allow us to show you why others have enjoyed their stay as posted on Tripadvisor.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Lynchburg, VA is a beautiful, well located hotel perfect for business or family visits practically across the street from Lynchburg college, and directly across from any sort of shopping you could imagine from A C Moore - to Sam's, with an assortment of eating choices. Rates are reasonable, clean rooms, friendly staff.

Martinsville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The service was very good; the room was decorated nicely but didn't look real clean with the bathroom not being completely cleaned; liked the Keurig in the room with coffee and tea selections; bedding was foam which is not my favorite; breakfast was overpriced and limited with the pancakes being served with black flecks in them that were not chocolate chips.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the front side with a better view; the higher the better.
Martinsville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nice hotel; room service was nice; liked the Keurig; location was good; room wasn't as clean as expected, especially the bathroom; breakfast was overpriced; bed mattress included foam -- not my favorite

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our women's basketball team recently stayed at this property. Jane was wonderful to work with. The food was amazing and the property itself is immaculate. I would encourage anyone looking for a place to stay to book at the Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Look forward to staying there again but please do something about a sign lower with an arrow that points UP. The assistance provided at the Front Desk and the Breackfast area was most helpful. The availability of the state of the art business center was so welcome since when one is away from home, it is often a huge concern to read and act on ones email. Further, the coffee area was well provided for and when we wanted more coffee and creamers they were provided immediately.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg? Share your experiences!