“It was amazing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B

Save Saved
You added Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B to your Saves list
Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   13193 Mountain Road, Lovettsville, VA 20180   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Lovettsville B&B and Inns
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“It was amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The breakfasts were fabulous and the innkeepers were wonderful. We had a great time and Spencer and Beth were the best. They were very helpful and were eager to provide us with information about local restaurants and wineries. Thanks so much. The bed and breakfast is beautiful.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

More than we could have expected. My husband and I were just married on Sat Dec 7 and went to the updated B&B on Sun for a "pre honeymoon" (we are going to Tahati in Jan), we stayed five day four nights. These were the best four nights as newlyweds. We were in the Manor suite, which is the largest suite (a must stay). We were serenated with delicious six course breakfasts by Spencer every am, no to mention his lovely singing and spiritual demeanor. We were able to take several naps throughout the day and relax in room, the study (which has a computer and printer), living room by the fire, watch dvds (option to play the wii), and even play chess. We just enjoyed to scenery of the mansion, it is so beautifully decorated with very intricate details. The snow came our way while we were here and we were snowed in. Spencer and Beth were so gracious to make lunch for the guests since we were snowed in. They were greats hosts. There recommendations for eateries, vineyards, and antique shops were spot on when we drove into town. We can not wait to visit this lovely B&B again. Top this Tahiti.......

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Stone manor had exceptional service and hospitality. The beds and showers in each room are roomy and full of hot water. The staff was so friendly and inviting with the nice singing every morning while making breakfast. The breakfast was delicious with to die for pancakes and bacon. Even if your sort of a picky eater don't regret trying everything. If your planning on a getaway or special occasion definitely a place for you.

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stone Manor provided a lovely backdrop for my daughter's wedding and dinner. The proprietors, Beth and Spencer, attended to every detail to ensure that the event was a pleasantly memorable day for the bride, groom, and their guests.

The venue was beautifully decorated for Christmas, the food was deliciously prepared, and the service was flawless. Everyone agreed that this was a perfect site for those who are seeking to have a small, intimate wedding ceremony. The fact that Beth and Spencer also made it stress-free for the bride, groom, and their families made even better!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wanted an overnight getaway from our two kids and some quiet romantic/sleep time for us. There were strengths and weaknesses to this quaint B&B.
strengths: the breakfast is amazing, close to wineries, great DVD collection and some rooms are amazing and very large. The hosts are sweet and upbeat. The checkout time is late too which is nice.
Weaknesses: I would not recommend the East Wing suite, it is very small and either is very cold or very hot and there is no sure way to adjust the temperature. It is located next to the kitchen which we knew and expected we'd be woken up very early for breakfast (8:30am). What we didn't expect was loud singing at 8am that would continue for 40 minutes into breakfast. Maybe some would like this but it was agitating to wake up to since we wake up to noise every day and wanted to escape that on our overnight. It also made others feel uncomfortable who were staying there. In addition, we were emailed questions about our preferences weeks before our arrival. We responded specifically yet when we arrived we were told we did not respond so nothing special was prepared (bottle of wine and truffles), this was disappointing. We checked our email and the email was sent effectively. Beware that Beth makes her own soap. It smells wonderful but I broke out in a rash on my face and neck and have never had an allergic reaction of this sort before.

It was the weaknesses that will make us not return since peace ad quiet was what we paid for.
I hope this was helpful.

• Stayed December 2013
St0neMan0r, Manager at Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I'm sorry that you were disturbed by my singing. I have narrowed the time of my singing to just 15 minutes before breakfast begins. I have previously had the wonderful experiences of singing at the Bolshoi Theater, Kennedy Center, Constitution Hall, Warner Theater, Bethlehem Manger Square for a Christmas Eve program and other world concert halls. I have had the privilege of accompanying many well-known performers with my voice. After first reading your review, I had eliminated singing in the mornings but then returning guests were disappointed by my not singing, so I do take requests, including not singing when one wants to sleep in.
I also found the claim that you had an allergic reaction to the soaps very surprising. We have made these soaps for literally tens of thousands and you were the first to assert any type of negative reaction. Our soaps are completely organic, avoiding the sulfates that you find in store-bought soaps and prepared with the actual essential oils, not fragrances. I'm sorry that your stay was less than ideal.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I found this little gem when we needed it the most. We had a fantastic, relaxing experience. Spencer and Beth were lovely. Not only did we have delicious food, we also had our spirits fed. Spencer shared some of his wisdom with us over breakfast on our two days of bliss. I truly believe his words of encouragement helped us over the marital slump we were in. The hubby and I cannot wait to make a return visit~

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights with Spencer and Beth in their beautiful home. Stone Manor is a unique B & B but it did indeed feel like I had just spent a short stay with some old friends. The welcome was very warm as was each encounter with both of these exceptional human beings. The area is remote but it really is close to hiking, entertainment, shopping with the locals or outlets, and of course, wineries galore!! The extra touches like the handmade soap and shampoo free of all that is not from the earth was terrific. I stayed in the Blue Delft Room upstairs. There is only two rooms in the upper home..mine along with the Touret Suite, which was spectacular. The food, well..every breakfast course was unique utilizing local gems from area suppliers....and did I mention delicious!! Each morning brought Inn guests together at the grand dining room..large in size but warm in conversation.

Every where your eye roamed was another work of artistry, from reconstruction to wall decor, furniture, and settings, all beautifully done. Spencer and Beth have put love and hard work into this home, but the most important is the experience they create when you step "INN."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B? Share your experiences!