My husband and I wanted an overnight getaway from our two kids and some quiet romantic/sleep time for us. There were strengths and weaknesses to this quaint B&B.
strengths: the breakfast is amazing, close to wineries, great DVD collection and some rooms are amazing and very large. The hosts are sweet and upbeat. The checkout time is late too which is nice.
Weaknesses: I would not recommend the East Wing suite, it is very small and either is very cold or very hot and there is no sure way to adjust the temperature. It is located next to the kitchen which we knew and expected we'd be woken up very early for breakfast (8:30am). What we didn't expect was loud singing at 8am that would continue for 40 minutes into breakfast. Maybe some would like this but it was agitating to wake up to since we wake up to noise every day and wanted to escape that on our overnight. It also made others feel uncomfortable who were staying there. In addition, we were emailed questions about our preferences weeks before our arrival. We responded specifically yet when we arrived we were told we did not respond so nothing special was prepared (bottle of wine and truffles), this was disappointing. We checked our email and the email was sent effectively. Beware that Beth makes her own soap. It smells wonderful but I broke out in a rash on my face and neck and have never had an allergic reaction of this sort before.
It was the weaknesses that will make us not return since peace ad quiet was what we paid for.
I hope this was helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel Lovettsville
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Manor on Mountain Road is surrounded by five vineyards and boasts one of the finest biking roads in the country, luxurious suites, spa products, and beautiful gardens. Stone Manor is known for its rich collection of stained glass windows and the beautiful and productive gardens. The Manor's breakfasts boast homemade jams, jellies, fresh eggs from our own animals and other locally produced and organic treats. The rooms are richly appointed, with luxurious bathing suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook and Fareportal so you can book your Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.