We stayed in the Turret Room.
Our host Laura was quite helpful and pleasant. She suggested some local vineyards (we went to Sunset Hill which we liked) and suggested we use Stone Manor’s name to get a discount (which we did).
The room has a nice feel to it with a number of artistic touches like stained glass hanging over the windows, some nice early 20th century furniture, carpets, etc. That said, we found that the bed was only a full bed (to be fair, not noted otherwise on the website description) and there was no way to lock the door when leaving the room.
While nicely tiled and appointed, we found the water pressure in the bathroom to be weak (and at times very weak).
The shared facilities (both inside and out) were quite nice - pleasant for reading a book or newspaper.
Breakfast, served to the group at 8:30 and was quite good, with a mix of scones, French toast, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausages, and fruit cup. We would have appreciated more fruit in addition to the healthy portions of protein.
Wine (vineyard) related activities are still being planned. We learned after our visit that there are some fruit trees (orchard) and hiking on the site. The location is a bit remote, and along some narrow Virginia roads (with 45 mph speed limits). Reasonable restaurants are 5 or more miles away.
So, overall, Stone Manor feels like a work in progress, with some great assets but also work still to be done. At $260 per night, I would be hard pressed to recommend the Turret Suite given the facilities and remote location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Manor on Mountain Road is surrounded by five vineyards and boasts one of the finest biking roads in the country, luxurious suites, spa products, and beautiful gardens. Stone Manor is known for its rich collection of stained glass windows and the beautiful and productive gardens. The Manor's breakfasts boast homemade jams, jellies, fresh eggs from our own animals and other locally produced and organic treats. The rooms are richly appointed, with luxurious bathing suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel Lovettsville
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Bed And Breakfast