“Close your eyes and think of B&B it's Stone Manor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B

Save Saved
You added Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B to your Saves list
Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   13193 Mountain Road, Lovettsville, VA 20180   |
Holyoke,MA
“Close your eyes and think of B&B it's Stone Manor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

We stayed in October '07 for my friends wedding. He found it on the internet, what a score. The weddding was awesome. the place is unbelieveable....
We flew down from MA into BWI about an hour flight and hour drive to Stone Manor.
We came back as soon as we could, Feb '08. It was better than before, I booked 3 nights in April and October.
For me it's less expensive than driving to the Cape and more relaxing than a weekend at the spa.
The owners Beth and Spenser make this dream come true....
I know it sounds like I'm trying to sell you something but this place is unbelievable. If you don't believe me, just call there...
....enjoy

• Liked — great karma, great surroundings, great food
  • Disliked — I can't get there enough
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Stone Manor. The B & B was absolutely enchanting. We were warmly greeted and plied with treats and drinks as soon as we arrived. The rooms were well appointed and beautifully decorated with a wide variety of fascinating antiques. The bathrooms were fabulous, big jacuzzis, showers with multiple heads, copper sinks. Spencer and Beth gave us a tour of the house , it is amazing what they have done in just five years. We highly recommend it, as it is a perfect location for visiting wineries, the slots in Charles town, or a historic destination like Harpers Ferry all less than 30 minutes away. And finally the breakfast was delicious, the quiche Beth made was prepared with fresh eggs from her chickens. Not to mention the delicious chocolate chip pancakes, mmm. Spencer and Beth have a solar array in their backyard that provides renewable energy for the house. We liked the B & B so much we bought a gift certificate for a stay there for our parents.

• Liked — interior decorating & food
  • Disliked — no cups in the bathroom
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
MINNEAPOLIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

The owners, Beth and Spencer, make the place extra-special. If you love the Virginia countryside, antiques, wineries, and being spoiled--this is the place!! One hour from Washington DC, 20 minutes from Harpers Ferry, WV, 20 minutes from the Charles Town Casino,and minutes from wineries. vineyards, antique shops, and other quaint attractions.
We loved this wonderful home, built beautifully and decorated with such care, queen beds, we felt right at home.

Stayed September 2007
Jefferson, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

I can't say enough good things about Stone Manor. The owners, Beth and Spencer, immediately made me feel at home but, at the same time, gave plenty of space for quiet and privacy. The room I stayed in was large, beautifully decorated and incredibly comfortable. The bath itself is reason to stay there - a two-person sized ten-head shower plus a jacuzzi deep enough to sink into up to my neck. Beth makes organic spa products, including some of the best bath salts I've ever used. The food is simple but wonderful - the breakfast my first morning there included Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, and an egg/potato'/ham mixture they called galoop (I know I'm not spelling that right, but it doesn't matter - it was delicious!) Almost everything they serve is grown organically in their own garden, or in the case of the eggs, produced by their own chickens.
Stone Manor is out in the Virginia countryside and would be a really nice setting for a wedding or reception.
And, they are also striving for what they told me is called sustainable living. I'm not sure how they manage to combine this sustainable, organic lifestyle with the luxury of the b&b, but they've accomplished just that and do is so very well.
I highly, highly recommend a stay at Stone Manor to anyone who is going to be in that area of Virginia.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B? Share your experiences!