My husband and I are on a quest to find our favorite B&B or Country Inn within a three hour driving distance from our home in Owings Mills, Maryland. Since January, 2012, we have stayed at 7 B&Bs or Country Inns from Cape May to wine country Virginia and we still have more planned. BUT, if I were going to build the perfect B&B it would be Stone Manor in Lovettsville, Virginia. The front of the B&B is the original house with stone walls that are at least a two feet thick. The original house was added on with care and thought to make it the best B&B I have ever stayed at. The kitchen is in the original house and is most welcoming and rustically beautiful and the windows (now interior windows) are opened to the addition of the great room dining area with the ceiling being about 19 feet (If I remember correctly). The suites in the B&B are large and the baths are incredible and I could not have planned the layout any better. Our Peacock suite had a large whirlpool tub, dual sinks, two person steam shower and an incredible amount of space plus the water closet was closed in with a door and exhaust fan (PERFECT). And what can I say about the chickens…they were beautiful with their delightful feathery feet and beautiful coloring.
You might have noticed I have not said anything about our innkeepers, Spence and Beth, as I always like to save the best for last. When we entered the Inn, Spencer realizing that we had all our motorcycle gear, wasted no time taking us directly to our suite so we could unload. He waited and then took us on a tour of the house. Some of the rooms were open before arrivals and we got a walk through, a tour of the rest of the house and ended up in the kitchen with Beth and Lee (a neighbor who stopped by) where Beth poured wine and brought in her favorite chicken for me to pet. We felt like family. After my complaining about my “helmet hair,” Beth and Spencer arranged for transportation to our restaurant reservations at the Magnolia’s at the Mill (recommended by Spencer) and saved the day (or a least my dignity).
I just realized how long I have been going on – so I will finish saying the six course breakfast was delightful, specially the chocolate scones!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel Lovettsville
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Manor on Mountain Road is surrounded by five vineyards and boasts one of the finest biking roads in the country, luxurious suites, spa products, and beautiful gardens. Stone Manor is known for its rich collection of stained glass windows and the beautiful and productive gardens. The Manor's breakfasts boast homemade jams, jellies, fresh eggs from our own animals and other locally produced and organic treats. The rooms are richly appointed, with luxurious bathing suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.