“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B

Save Saved
You added Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B to your Saves list
Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   13193 Mountain Road, Lovettsville, VA 20180   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Lovettsville B&B and Inns
Germantown, Maryland
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

My wife & I spent the New Year's Eve there. The owners Beth & Spencer were excellent hosts. We were treated to good local wine & snacks early in the evening & to an 8-course breakfast the next morning. The only complaint we have is that our bed wasn't very comfortable, perhaps because we prefer firmer mattresses. We had the cheapest room & it was worth it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

So many nice-ities, not sure where to start. I guess the wine, because that was always flowing! To run a B&B you gotta wanna, and the owners Spenser and Beth are totally into it. They are both so friendly that the guests all met and talked with them in the kitchen both days, like it was a Christmas party among old friends. We stayed in the Manor Suite, which is huge and worth the price. The place was all decked out with Holiday Cheer, there were several Christmas trees, including one in our suite, and must have been a half-mile of tinsel wrapped around various stair railings, window frames, etc. The public areas were very nice, three places to just sit and mellow out, although one had a drum set so that might not stay mellow! The breakfast both mornings was WOW, and, as advertised, meant we didn't even think about lunch - both quantity and quality was excellent. Oh yes, and check out the chickens, they love tourists and apparently enjoy being photographed.

Room Tip: They are all very nice and priced appropriately, with the smaller ones less and larger ones more.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Watertown, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

My fiance and I, along with our puppy, stayed at Stone Manor in late September. We were in the area for a friend's wedding and were beyond thrilled we chose Stone Manor as our place to stay instead of any of the other options in the area. We have been to many B & Bs throughout our travels over the years and this one was by far the best we've ever been to! We stayed in the East Wing suite, which was competitively priced with neighboring hotels, and all I can say is that if you're debating a place to stay based on price then this should be a no brainer. The value and experience are both tremendous. After we arrived my fiance asked me to remind him of the cost per night, because he was shocked that the room wasn't more expensive (it was all so luxurious). Our weekend was planned solely around attending our friend's wedding that Saturday, but the 3 days overall turned into a wonderful vacation that we hope to do again the next time we have an opportunity!
Beth and Spencer are the most hospitable hosts we've ever met, in addition to being such sincerely caring and extremely nice people, and great cooks! They think of all your needs before you even do. My fiance and I traveled from CT and got stuck on the road the Friday night we went down and we wound up not getting in until 1am... We would have been completely fine with just letting ourselves into the room quietly and getting settled, but Beth still greeted us warmly at the door and helped us. To top that off, Beth came through in a pinch for us when we needed help preparing a card and wrapping a gift for our friends wedding just in time for us to leave without showing up late!
The breakfasts are to die for. I could go on and on. They are so filling you won't need to eat anything until dinner. The cooking is so creative and there's variety each day (my favorite was the white chocolate chip pancakes)
We booked the room last spring and then went and then adopted our puppy in August, just a month before our stay. Our puppy had a lot of separation anxiety at the time so we felt compelled to take her and were thrilled to learn we could bring her along. Beth and Spencer were extremely kind to our pup and we could tell that she felt happy there too :)
Overall, we can honestly say this was the best place we've ever stayed at. Just staying at Stone Manor alone is plenty of good reason to visit the Lovettsville area!

Room Tip: The East Wing is a tremendous value if $ is on your mind.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I arranged a one night get away to take advantage of the grandparents
offer to baby sit our two young daughters, ages 3yo and 13mos. We live in Alexandria, VA and Stone Manor is far enough away from our hectic DC lives, but close enough that we could jettison home in case of emergency (Our 13mos is a climber with no fear - a dangerous combination.)

Upon arriving, we felt immediately welcomed and relaxed as Beth greeted us with a tasty glass of wine from Hiddencroft vineyard! Yum! We had an amazing conversation and soon other guests staying at the Manor arrived and we began engaging in conversation about local restaurants and wineries etc. Based on recommendations, we went to dinner at Magnolia's and had a fantastic meal. We stayed in the Turret Suite and took full advantage of the jacuzzi and double shower. After the wine, dinner, shower, jacuzzi AND Beth's wonderful soaps and bath salts, I felt tranformed.

The next day we woke up to Beth and Spencer's amazing 6 course breakfast. All I can say is - WOW! So good! The property is gorgeous, the hosts are amazing people, and the location is stellar (very peaceful, near great wineries and restaurants).

We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
We are so looking forward to your return. When the grandparents overcome their ordeal of watching the little ones; and are willing to undertake the task once again, please come see us. Tell your sweetheart that I'll try and schedule that D&D weekend this coming year.
Hedgesville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Let me start off by saying that the owners, Spencer and Beth, are two of the sweetest, caring people I have met. The manor itself was beautiful. It had so much character and a sence of comfort as soon as you walked through the door. Outside they had a few chickens running around that you could hand feed. There were also many Vineyards close by. We stayed in the Manor Suite and it was fantastic! The room is huge, with a kitchenette included. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and a shower with 10 heads. The bed was soft and the pillows were fluffy and comfortable. The room also had a flat screen television with Directv and a DVD player. Beth's breakfast was amazing! We tried a few new things that she had made and they were great. We loved the "family" atmosphere of the dining room. There was a big beautiful table that everyone sat around talking, laughing, and enjoying each others company. Thank you so much Spencer and Beth! We will be back!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My partner and I came upon this place by accident, and it turned out to be one of the best B&B's we've stayed in. We were lucky enough to book the two largest rooms during our 4 night stay - the Peacock Suite and the Manor Suite for 2 nights each. Both were huge, beautiful and very comfortable rooms. The 6 course breakfast every morning made from scratch by the innkeepers was simply delicious and really allowed us to have a full day ahead without worrying about eating for many hours. All in all, a wonderful experience. Spence and Beth are amazing hosts (and chefs!) and we hope to return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

My husband just returned home after being deployed in Afghanistan for a year. He wasn't ready for a big vacation but we wanted to do something special. I found out at the last minute that I would have the weekend off, so I decided to find a B & B near Harpers Ferry because we love the outdoors. Unfortunately everything was booked so I started looking for anyplace in that area and came across Stone Manor. After reading the wonderful reviews, I called and thankfully found out there was one room left. Beth warned me that the East Wing room was near the kitchen so it may be loud, but I am an early riser so it didn't bother us. I booked the room and a few hours later, we arrived. Spencer greeted us and showed us around. The house and grounds are beautiful. My husband's favorite part was the chickens that eat from your hands. After checking in, Spencer told us where we could go hiking and recommended a great place for dinner. He also gave us printed directions and made sure we had their number in case we needed anything. When we got home, Beth and Spencer invited everyone out for sausages and s'mores by the bonfire, but we were tired and decided to have an early night. The next morning, the smell of breakfast cooking was amazing. Finally at 830, breakfast was served. There was a great assortment of different dishes and all of the guests got to chat and eat together. After breakfast, Spencer gave us directions to Harpers Ferry, we fed the chickens one last time, and sadly had to leave. We are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B? Share your experiences!