“Unbelievable food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unbelievable food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is amazing. We went there with a recommendation, not really knowing what to expect, and man, was it worth it. The menu is seasonal, fresh and clearly locally sourced. The pork belly lettuce wraps were a killer - my fiance still talks about them. I had filet mignon, which was excellent, and my fiance had the pasta, which was also great. Our server was very friendly, and when I expressed chagrin that they don't offer cheesecake, she spoke with the chef, and we got two delicious panna cottas with strawberry soup on the house as a consolation! Combined with the incredible bread pudding (not kidding, best dessert I've ever tried), this rounded up our dinner to a solid five stars.

It's also worth to note that we were about 20 mins late for our 9pm reservation (their latest reservation time) and they were nothing but gracious and accommodating. Best place ever.

96% Recommend
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Small but Mighty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent food. All servers, especially Colt was very knowledgable about the food, preparation, area attractions, and a true understanding of what great service should be. Nicely done, would definatly return. moderatly priced.

Visited October 2013
Middletown, New Jersey
“This one makes my NoVa short list.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

10/12/13 visit was a huge hit. We took Mom and Aunt Linda out to Harpers Ferry for a day trip and planned on stopping here for dinner on the way home. I was nervous perusing the menu that the conservative palates in my party would struggle to find something they wanted from its single page, and even offered to try a more traditional dinner option. We all were so glad we stayed. I ordered the pork belly lettuce wraps and white bean hummus starters and they disappeared quickly as tentative Midwestern palates came face to face with fresh local ingredients managed by a skilled kitchen. I alone ordered the Butternut squash bisque and had to fend off my tablemates' invading spoons clamoring for more of the skillfully prepared dish. The signature roasted chicken entree was as advertised, simple yet the best version I have ever tasted. Our server was skilled and precise. Cocktails were excellent, the wine list ample. Only regret? We had no room for dessert. Next time, for sure.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Committed to local, inseason foods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This small restaurant in rural Lovettsville, in Loudoun County, VA changed ownership a couple of years ago, and is now run by an owner-chef who is committed to local, inseason food. They do a great job of featuring meats, cheeses, and produce from surrounding farms and small suppliers, and the food is always well prepared and delicious, but a little pricey. When weather permits, you can sit outside or inside. The ambiance inside is not the most elegant or intimate, it sort of feels like you're eating in a country kitchen, but if you're there for the food and not the atmosphere, you will be satisfied. Service is great, everyone is very nice and friendly and helpful.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Purcellville, Virginia
“we love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

we have enjoyed many meals here, the food is very good quality and I love the farm to table. My husband had them cater my birthday party. They showed up right on time, were very professional, neat and friendly. All my friends and family were very impressed. I highly recommend this restaurant.