“Amazing Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Amazing Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a lunch sport after tubing trip. Found this by chance. What a great surprise. As wonderful dining experience as I've had in many world capitals in a casual atmosphere. A winner.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent meal in the country....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

.......but expect to pay city prices. We decided to have dinner here after visiting a nearby winery to see what all the buzz was about. We were not disappointed, the food was amazing. Enjoyed the charming waitstaff and their obvious enthusiasm for the food. Our waiter told us the quail's egg used in our appetizer came from his brother's farm and he assured us that they were "happy quails". We ordered the breakfast for dinner appetizer, pork belly, cheese grits, and aforementioned quail's egg and it was very tasty. Skipped the salads, a bit pricey. We ordered the filet special, based on the recommendation of the winery owner and it was exceptional. Had that lovely crust on the outside and perfectly seasoned. We also ordered the catfish and hoppin john and it was a nice juxtaposition to the heavier filet. I don't usually care much for catfish but this was locally caught and beautifully sautéed and didn't have that river bottom taste I associate with farmed catfish. We finished off the meal with toffee bread pudding to share and it was the perfect finale. We ordered a bottle of one of the inexpensive wines on the menu and our total bill, with tip, was $130. Did we enjoy it? Absolutely. Can we afford to go there on a regular basis? Maybe not, but we will be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lantzville, BC, Canada
“Take time to find this gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I sought out this restuarant twice in the past week because it was so good. An unexpected gem in this little town serves exceptional food and the servers are second to none. The menu has a good selection of unique choices and there are always specials, either choice bringing you wonderfully presented and perfectly prepared food. Between us we had salmon, halibut, lamb, and pork tenderloin, and all were excellent. The appetizers are interesting and delicious. And for what you get the prices are very reasonable. Inside or out the ambiance is welcoming. Seek this place out - you will not be disappointed.

Visited June 2013
“Phenomenal cuisine in the most unexpected place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

You wouldn't expect to find a dining experience of this caliber in Lovettsville, Virginia. From the service to the cuisine, yes, I said cuisine, not food, food is too generic a word to describe what MTB serves, my experience at Market Table was spot on.

I started with the fresh, locally grown tempura vegetables. Simply fantastic. Perfectly portioned as not to spoil my appetite for the main course. My dining partner, a business associate, opted to start with the foix gras, which he was quite pleased with as well.

I chose as my main course the pork belly and little neck clams. Wonderful! I later found out that that particular entree is the owner's/Chef's personal favorite and specialty. It shows.

Lovettsville is a bit out of the way but this gem of a restaurant is well worth the drive. It's charming atmosphere, wonderfully attentive and pleasant staff and fantastic cuisine make this a destination worthy of many a return visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
winchester, va
“Great food. Makes a great day trip in the countryside.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been wanting the try the restaurant based on reviews and articles. The food was great - good quality locally sourced homemade food. Our salads were great, Mac & Cheese was great, soup was terrific. Desserts were good. The cookie skillet was cute. The atmosphere is sort of minimal modern - no country decor. I love the wall of cookbooks. The service was fantastic. It is a great area for a day trip. Lucketts has cute antique shops, Waterford is a gorgeous town if you want to see some 18th century architecture, and there are a handful of wineries in the area. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013