“Phenomenal cuisine in the most unexpected place.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Phenomenal cuisine in the most unexpected place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

You wouldn't expect to find a dining experience of this caliber in Lovettsville, Virginia. From the service to the cuisine, yes, I said cuisine, not food, food is too generic a word to describe what MTB serves, my experience at Market Table was spot on.

I started with the fresh, locally grown tempura vegetables. Simply fantastic. Perfectly portioned as not to spoil my appetite for the main course. My dining partner, a business associate, opted to start with the foix gras, which he was quite pleased with as well.

I chose as my main course the pork belly and little neck clams. Wonderful! I later found out that that particular entree is the owner's/Chef's personal favorite and specialty. It shows.

Lovettsville is a bit out of the way but this gem of a restaurant is well worth the drive. It's charming atmosphere, wonderfully attentive and pleasant staff and fantastic cuisine make this a destination worthy of many a return visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

winchester, va
“Great food. Makes a great day trip in the countryside.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been wanting the try the restaurant based on reviews and articles. The food was great - good quality locally sourced homemade food. Our salads were great, Mac & Cheese was great, soup was terrific. Desserts were good. The cookie skillet was cute. The atmosphere is sort of minimal modern - no country decor. I love the wall of cookbooks. The service was fantastic. It is a great area for a day trip. Lucketts has cute antique shops, Waterford is a gorgeous town if you want to see some 18th century architecture, and there are a handful of wineries in the area. Highly recommended.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Great Falls, Virginia
“Great late lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Referred by Catoctin Distillery while on a nice drive after the rain, we decided to give Market Table Bistro a try. We found it to be much better than a bistro. Rather, a personal service, attentive preparation, first class restaurant. Love that they offer Loudon County wines, but wish a few more were available by the glass. My mushroom soup was flavorful, with a bit of parmesan. My hubby's bib salad with blue cheese and bacon chips was was beautiful and outstanding. He had the pulled pork sandwich while I totally enjoyed the Mac n Cheese with country ham. Both wre excellent. We saw a recommendation on 4 Square to save room for desserts. So we did. My rum raisin ice cream was scrumptious while my hubby's white chocolate cream brûlée was rich and wonderful, both topped with generous cappuccinos. My only regret was that it is an our away from Great Falls, where we surely could use such a fine establishment. ( I watched staff prepare for dinner service, down to wiping down every chair, table and even porch posts on the patio, while another wiped every plate and glass they prepared for their chef's table. Ver commendable.)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamilton, VA
“Keeping it Simple is the Key”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Respect is not a word one usually associates with a restaurant review, but following my fifth visit to Market Table Bistro I came away with the irrefutable knowledge that Chef Jason and his staff very simply respect their food, drink and restaurant. From the rather humble exterior which honors the small town location, to the simple table settings with dish towel napkins, to the prep stations set out in the open, to the collection of cookbooks on display (both humble and celebrity), there is a common thread that keeping it simple allows the food to speak for itself, and it screams 5 STAR DINING. Watching the chef peel and segment an orange with gentle, perfectly surgical precision, I felt as if I should pay for the privilege. His passion for food is obvious and his reverence for fresh and local ingredients is without question. His combination of flavors does justice to each ingredient and keeps you guessing with each bite "How does he do this?" I don't know the answer, he has yet to write his cookbook. But skip those literary/celebrity chefs who skim the cream of others' books and head for the real deal at Market Table Bistro. You will experience a meal that will be remembered long after you leave the sleepy Virginia town.

Visited April 2013
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Country Gem in West Loudoun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have you had a day in western Loudoun or the WV panhandle...maybe having some local wines to go along with the sites...and now want a good meal to cap the day. I'd highly recommend Market Table Bistro. They specialize in offering locally grown and raised food and wine products, though they do use other items as well. The menu is fairly small but varied so almost any taste preference can be met. The service and decor may not be up to downtown DCfine dining standards but the employees are all cordial and helpful and you will have a relaxing dining experience here.

• Visited November 2012