“Excellent food and they make you feel at home” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Excellent food and they make you feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Took my family for dinner the other night, have been meaning to get here since the owners changed and it became the Market Table Bistro. We used a Restaurant.com certificate which helped with the bill. The menu had foods from the local area and many local Loudoun wines to choose from. Listing the farms where the items came on the menu from was a nice touch. The food was excellent, the best you can get anywhere near downtown Lovettsville. Our server was very nice and ensured we had everything we needed. The fare was a little more expensive than we expected (for Lovettsville), but not bad and definitely worth what we paid. For our family this would be a once or twice a month place, not a weekly outing. The kids were happy with their choices and my son just went for the prime rib and had everyone trying to eat his dinner. My pork tenderloin with asparagus was very nice and my wife's shrimp was also very nice. We liked the meals so much we went for dessert as well and had the chocolate lava cake, ice cream and cookie served in a mini-skillet with milk (highly recommended). Excellent meal with not-too-big portions. We had a great night and will most assuredly be back. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2012

Northern Virginia
“Superb fare, excellent service, casual but not too - feels like European countryside meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Fabulous as always! As I've said before, a world class chef and service is exceptional. Restauranteurs who know their business and offer Western Loudoun County a food experience only found much closer to DC. Bistro ambience is very nice, warm, welcoming, two different rooms, one smaller and more romantic, other classic bistro. Jason could hold his own next to any chef in DC. Super clean, very organized. Local farm offerings and seasonal fare.

Delaware
“Lovely food and attentive service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

My elderly father and I went in for a weekday lunch. We were immediately seated and offered a cool water carafe to keep at the table. Some people were seated outdoors on a shaded patio as well. I had a deceptively simple potato and green onion soup, smooth and refreshing. I also had an amazing chicken liver pate with an onion relish that I would happily enjoy every day. My father's salmon on a bed of mixed greens was perfectly cooked and a gorgeous color. Everything was just right and locally sourced where possible. It was fun watching the owner jar dilly beans at the counter and we talked about memories of fried chicken and dilly bean picnics from our past.

Waterford, VA
“Wonderful option for dinner in Loudoun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Several friends, my husband and I went to dinner at MTB for my friend's 49th birthday last Friday (March 30, 2012) and had a wonderful evening! I could nit-pick about a forgotten utensil and little things, but given that this is not trying to be a stuffy Washingtonian establishment but rather a lovely restaurant in an old house in beautiful Loudoun where things are more relaxed, I won't! First the setting: The restaurant is in the Town of Lovettsville, and our drive to the restaurant through the rural countryside with the redbuds and dogwood blooming was stunning - that really set the tone for our the meal, which was excellent. The cheese plate (photos attached) appetizer was amazing and my mushroom pasta was so delicious. Everyone wanted to try it! The waitress was very nice and helped us choose a perfect wine. By the way, the wine list was quite extensive, with just enough but not an overwhelming number of selections. All of the other diners in our party loved their meals and the desserts were also excellent. My mouth is watering thinking about the food. Wish I could go back now! The staff was very helpful in setting up my reservations and adjusting them when I had to move it to an earlier time. Very responsive to my emails. They went out of their way to make my friend feel special on her birthday as well.

• Visited March 2012
Ashburn, Virginia
“This place is amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I went here for lunch on a Saturday with a friend. The food was amazing, and since my friend and I love to cook, we REALLY enjoyed watching the chef and his staff playing around with the food that had just been delivered from a local farm. They were testing different things to do with the beets they'd just received, and when they noticed us watching intently, they brought us some samples of what they were working on, asked our opinions, and talked to us about it. The food was great, we had a wonderful bottle of wine from Oregon which we didn't finish and were able to bring home, plus we had the pleasure of chatting about food with the chef! I can't wait to go back!

• Visited November 2011