“Food with a View” 5 of 5 stars

540-822-9017
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Eclectic, Fusion, Organic
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt. 15 and Lovettsville Road
Rockville, Maryland
“Food with a View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

It's hard to believe this place exists so close to Washington, DC. The restaurant is on the owner's farm, which starts you off with an outstanding view of the Potomac River and the hills around of Point of Rocks. Our appetizer was the portabella mushroom skewers with a wonderful fonduta cheese sauce. Our entrees were the seared sea scallops and Carolina white shrimp--both were cooked to perfection. The desserts were a little too sweet for our taste, but impeccably prepared. The chefs clearly attend to every detail of preparation and presentation. One of the best items was the lovely pear bread served with the meal. The restaurant is pricey, but when you consider the freshest ingredients, attention to detail in food preparation, attentive service, and the bucolic setting, it adds up to pretty good value. We're planning a return trip soon for their highly thought of brunch.

• Visited October 2012

87% Recommend
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“LOVELY setting- food and service hit or miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This is truly a lovely location. We have read about this restaurant and have never been after hearing mixed reviews from friends who had been. The food was fair- it was as if they want to be gourmet but can't quite hit the mark. Much more attention is given to the "sustainable" and "local" aspects than to the actual quality of the food preperation. They were out of the dish I wanted so I got the "Vegetable Plate" which was a disappointing mish mash of vegetables- either very greasy and over fried or raw. The meatballs were good, although hard and cold which was strange. My husband got the catfish and he enjoyed that- although he is a chocolate fan the "Chocolate fantasy/frontier" desert did not appeal to him- and he usually loves all things chocoloate. Wine list was very good, a bit expensive. Our server did not know the wine list or the menu. The servers also spent a lot of time bickering loudly outside of the door to the kitchen which was distracting.

Virginia
“Our special occasion "go to" place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Dining at the Restaurant at Patowmack Farm is an experience!

Our family has been several times for our special "holiday out" dinner, or for birthdays.

I love that the food is "in season" from the garden. The food is (mostly) locally grown or raised. It is always delicious, I have never had anything there that I didn't enjoy.

The view is lovely, overlooking the Point of Rocks bridge - any time of year it is very pretty.

The staff is always able to answer any questions about the menu, very friendly.

It is by reservations only, and holidays book up, so get scheduled early if you want to go.

• Visited October 2011
Leesburg VA
“Wonderful farm to table experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our second visit in a year was, again, a wonderful experience. Pleasant ambiance (we arrived early and enjoyed the view), good cocktails, fine wine and excellent food. Wait staff was very accommodating without being "stuffy." The pork belly and clam fritters were terrific. We will be back to introduce other friends to this "gem." Service was a little slow but we enjoyed the view while we waited.

• Visited September 2012
“Fantastic everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Firstly, you need to know that this venue is a true farm-to-table restaurant. Everything is grown on the farm or sourced locally from other farmers/growers. It is all organic and the flavors of the food are a testimant to why organic is better.

I booked the outside patio for my son's rehearsal dinner over Labor Day weekend. We had 45 guests for dinner, which was a menu designed by the chef especially for our group (I provided the wedding reception menu so that the rehearsal dinner menu would not duplicate items). The chef even suggested paired wines for the meal.

From the day I booked the site 8 months prior, to the day of the event, Beverly (owner) and Chef Edward were fantastic to work with. They are creative, accommodating and the food was out of this world good! So fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented. Portions were generous, service was impeccable (I think we had 6 servers, and they were very attentive yet not intrusive at all).

The setting was on the outside patio that is tented, and they provided fans to circulate the air at each corner. The view was over the valley, looking out to the Patomac River. We were not only able to view the sunset, but also the blue moon that rose over the hilltop! (I wish I could say I also ordered the blue moon, but I didn't) It was a fantastic, unique experience.

I would highly recommend Patowmack Farm and I would love to come back sometime and experience their jazz brunch!

• Visited September 2012