“We Wandered In and Were Very Impressed” 4 of 5 stars

540-822-9017
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Eclectic, Fusion, Organic
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt. 15 and Lovettsville Road
Alexandria, Virginia
“We Wandered In and Were Very Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

After visiting a winery for the afternoon, we then came upon the nearby Restaurant at Patowmack Farms. We knew from a review of their website, we wanted to visit, and we were pleased that though we did not have a reservation and were dressed quite casually, we were seated without any discussion. The view overlooking the valley was pleasant and the greenhouse style of the building was unique. The food was delicious (seared sea scallops and veggie paella), with sensible portions. The staff was attentive and pleasant, and the wine advice was solid. We enjoyed talking with the staff and the owner about the unique location and history, and the fact that their ingredients come locally and right on the restaurant/farm's property. After dinner we walked the grounds (not a tour) to see where the gardens are and some of the free-range livestock (i.e., chickens & a turkey!) All in all, a very pleasurable dinner of a 'special occasion' variety.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Beautiful atmosphere and great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place is beautiful, and I can't wait to come back in the fall. The restaurant is essentiall a glass green house retrofitted to accomodate patrons. The food was wonderful and so were the cocktails. The owner of the farm will come to your table and greet you personally and she may offer you a taste of something from her farm. The menus have your name on it (nice personal touch) and at the end of your meal, they roll the menus up and tie it with a ribbon and give it to you. When we were there, we were told at the beginning that the table was ours for the night so there was no rush. This was great!

• Visited July 2012
Washington, DC
“Great view and romantic, reasonably priced prix fixe menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We sat outside in June and the view was spectacular. Our waiter and sommelier were very attentive. They have a small and eclectic wine list (including a vinho verde green wine from Lisbon). They offer a 3 course prix fixe menu for $50. The food was good, the portions moderate in size (you'll go away full but not bloated), but it's the view that really sets this restaurant apart.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“small but tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Expect small portions of this gourmet food, and allow a long amount of time to complete the courses you choose. Every dish is individually prepared, and they were happy to accommodate my food allergies when notified before our visit. The setting was beautiful, and our service was excellent.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sterling, Virginia
“Great place for brunch, or a special weekend meal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have been dining at Patowmack Farm since 2002...before they had the indoor seating area. This is simply one of my favorite places to eat in the world...and I mean world. I love that the menu changes every month and that they focus on seasonal, organic, and local food. My latest meal was Sunday brunch - to start I had a Bloody Mary, which was awesome. For my appetizer, I chose the Strawberry salad with feta, arugula, green tea froth, and balsamic vinegar. For the entree, I the Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell crab with grits, and for dessert the mulberry pie, which consisteed of panna cotta, mulberry mash, port wine reduction, and chocolate ganache. It is always hard to choose what to eat at Patowmack, because everything is simply wonderful. They even had gluten-free bread for me! I highly recommend Patowmack for special occaisions as well. My husband had my 40 birthday party there a couple of years ago, and I felt like a queen. Not many places in the DC area are located in such a beautiful area either...overlooking the Point of Rocks bridge over the Potomac River. In the summer, I prefer to sit outside for brunch. Make a reservation for this weekend!!

• Visited May 2012