“Great view and romantic, reasonably priced prix fixe menu” 4 of 5 stars

540-822-9017
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Eclectic, Fusion, Organic
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt. 15 and Lovettsville Road
Washington, DC
“Great view and romantic, reasonably priced prix fixe menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We sat outside in June and the view was spectacular. Our waiter and sommelier were very attentive. They have a small and eclectic wine list (including a vinho verde green wine from Lisbon). They offer a 3 course prix fixe menu for $50. The food was good, the portions moderate in size (you'll go away full but not bloated), but it's the view that really sets this restaurant apart.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“small but tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Expect small portions of this gourmet food, and allow a long amount of time to complete the courses you choose. Every dish is individually prepared, and they were happy to accommodate my food allergies when notified before our visit. The setting was beautiful, and our service was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia
“Great place for brunch, or a special weekend meal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have been dining at Patowmack Farm since 2002...before they had the indoor seating area. This is simply one of my favorite places to eat in the world...and I mean world. I love that the menu changes every month and that they focus on seasonal, organic, and local food. My latest meal was Sunday brunch - to start I had a Bloody Mary, which was awesome. For my appetizer, I chose the Strawberry salad with feta, arugula, green tea froth, and balsamic vinegar. For the entree, I the Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell crab with grits, and for dessert the mulberry pie, which consisteed of panna cotta, mulberry mash, port wine reduction, and chocolate ganache. It is always hard to choose what to eat at Patowmack, because everything is simply wonderful. They even had gluten-free bread for me! I highly recommend Patowmack for special occaisions as well. My husband had my 40 birthday party there a couple of years ago, and I felt like a queen. Not many places in the DC area are located in such a beautiful area either...overlooking the Point of Rocks bridge over the Potomac River. In the summer, I prefer to sit outside for brunch. Make a reservation for this weekend!!

Winchester,VA
“A lovely meal in a bucolic setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

A great location and lovely setting. The rolling countryside of Virginia is always a good choice. Located not to far NW of Leesburg, Va. Outstanding cuisine and service, yet unpretentious (the owner was the bread lady.) Many locally grown and produced foods served here. Also, menu items were fun and interesting yet not too obscure. A relaxed and un-stuffy atmosphere to dine in. Enjoyed this very much and will dine here again.

MD
“Simply Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I have dined here previously and loved it, we decided to bring some close friends as a surprise for their anniversary. When they received the menus printed with their names and occasion on them, they were oh it is our anniversary, the evening only got better from there. Matt our server was very attentive, the view is incredible and the food was awesome. We ate on a Thursday evening when they do not usually have wine pairings, but upon request Matt selected pairings for each course and were spot on every time. The duck breast, catfish and scallop entrees we selected were delicious. The husband of the other couple can be a little picky, but he cleaned his plate on all three course. When the deserts were served “Happy Anniversary” was written in chocolate on their plates, everyone of the staff came by at some point in the evening to wish them the same. Our friends both said that was THE best meal they have ever eaten. I could not say the same because having eaten here before all my meals have been that good. This a great place to enjoy a great view, good wine, and awesome food. I highly recommend this place for any occasion.

• Visited April 2012