“Unexpected outstanding services” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Lorton
Lorton, Virginia, usa
“Unexpected outstanding services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The facility is a well cared for 4 star, but the services provided at no extra charge are outstanding equal to 5/6 star hotel.
We were traveling to Florida, and going to take the auto train from Lorton, VA, we chose the Comfort Inn Gunston Corner due to it's location relative to the train station.
We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived; from the friendly and helpful check in at the front desk, to providing you with a list of local restaurants and recommending one based on what you want to eat, their recommendation was excellent.
The evening we stayed at the Inn, a snow storm blew thru the area and covered the cars and the parking lot, when my wife looked out our room window, she saw two members of the staff, Ken and Greg, cleaning the snow off the guests cars, including our car. We have stayed at 6 star hotels, and never had any other Hotel perform this service without being asked. This is typical of the services provided by the staff at this Comfort Inn. We will definitely stay here in the future, as we travel North and South on the east coast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
So thoughtful to leave these comments regarding our efforts! I truly thank you for the kind words and will certainly spread them to our team I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations and hope to see you next time you travel through... Hopefully we will great you with much better weather next time around!

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Beaufort, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 12/28-1/1 to visit friends in Woodbridge and to attend the Redskins game. It seemed like a good central location and it most definitely was for everything we wanted to do. Check-in was a breeze and the room was decent. We got a Travelocity Top Secret hotel room rate of $44/night when the same rooms were going for $79+ a night on other websites. So, for what we paid it was GREAT. I can't comment on breakfast because we never ate it (slept too late). Friday night we went to the Electric Palm in Occoquan and it was excellent! Great food and entertainment. The drive up to the Springfield exit to get on the metro was super easy and convenient as well as the drive to the FedEx Statium. Saturday night we drove up to National Harbor to Bobby McKees which I HIGHLY recommend for great fun! We had a corner room on the second floor and used that entrance/exit mainly so I don't even have a lot to comment on the staff... but all encounters were extremely pleasant. The only complaint I have is that the hot water took forever. All in all, good stay and for what we paid I would stay again. For regular rates however, I'd probably stay in a little more upscale hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Great Rate!! During the holidays we tend to run specials and it looks like you got your hands on one so that is awesome! Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Its great to hear that you were able to visit so many attractions in town-- that truly is great to hear and experience. I am aware of the hot water issue and we should have it worked out this week-- Although we have back up sometimes our systems can get stressed when we are at a sold out capacity. It has been one of those pesky fixes but we are on top of it! Please come back and visit us again. We appreciate your business.

Chesterfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The location, counter service, and room were all very good. The breakfast on the first two of our three day stay was outstanding--in part because of the hard work of a woman named "Jane". The food was plentiful and good--plus she was always very helpful--making waffles and helping us find things.

This was not the case on our third day; Jane was off, and the man in charge did a terrible job. They ran out of eggs (took 20 minutes in line to get more). The sausage was undercooked and cold. The orange juice ran out, and was never replaced during the half hour we were there (8-8:30), even though he promised "in just a minute...". They ran out of oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, cereal--everything but bread and donuts! None of these things were ever replenished--except the bread.

We should have left after the second day!

Room Tip: Ask if "Jane" is on duty for breakfast. If she not, go to Burger King across the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candidness and apologize that we fell short of both your expectations and mine. We will apply your observations to our customer service improvement plan that we are implementing.

We encourage you to return to our location as our goal is to provide a flawless stay. If your travels return you to the Lorton area, please contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My stay at The Comfort Inn Gunston Corner was one of the best experiences I've had since I started traveling in 1994.I stayed at the comfort Inn Gunston Corner from April to December. I cannot say enough about the professionalism and caring nature of the staff. William was great, as he and I would talk and tell jokes. Lisa was outstanding!! Lisa would greet me every morning with a smile and a hello. She was always asking if there was anything they could do to make my stay any better. Tony was great at making sure that everything in the building was working up to par and asked everytime I saw him if there was anything I needed and if everthing was working correctly. Susan Was Fantasic! Susan was the first person I met When arriving at the Comfort Inn. She was instramental in getting a rate for my extended stay that fit our budget. As buisy as she was she would drop everything to help the guests in the motel and greet the new ones comming in. The cleaning staff did an outstanding job of keeping the Comfort Inn clean and fresh. I could go on and on but if I were to rate the staff I can only say that they are one of the best staff Members I have encountered in all of the years I have been staying in Motels, Hotels, Extended stay Inns, ect.... I would rate the Comfort Inn Gunston a 5 star Hotel.

Room Tip: The top floor is the best. In the 8 months I was there I was never awakened by any loud or unrully g...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
It goes without saying that it was wonderful to have you as our guest for so long! Thank you so much for what you did for our community and your work at the Walgreens looks perfect! I will certainly pass the word on to the team and we would love to have you stay with us anytime you in town for the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and my friends. The hotel was very comfortable and we felt very safe. The hotel rooms were clean, towels and toiletries were abundant, staff was in abundance and easily accessible, parking was easy and hotel manager was very available, introduced himself, and was very hospital. He asked if there was anything he could do to improve our stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Lansdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Would like to echo the kind comments about Lisa and the manager. They are excellent representatives for the hotel. Breakfast was better than most hotels in the chain. Shower was interesting in that hot and cold are reversed. Perfect location for Auto Train users.

Room Tip: Pick up tickets at Auto Train early to avoid long lines. Arrive with cad as late as possible to avoi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

When we got to the Comfort Inn Gunston Corner we were welcomed by Lisa. Her friendly manner and the efficiency in which she handled our reservation was great. We look forward to coming back to the Comfort Inn just to see Lisa again. She is a credit to your staff. Please let her know how much my husband and I enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast was very good. Again thanks.

Allan & Geraldine Boyle

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, December 26, 2012

General Manager, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner

Been to Comfort Inn Gunston Corner? Share your experiences!