“tip: Come in time for the tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Linden
Activities: Wine tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: This vineyard produces Sauvignon, Chardonnay: you can tour the facilities and taste the product.
oxford UK
9 attraction reviews
“tip: Come in time for the tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I are based in the UK and came to visit Shenandoah for the first time this past weekend. We were staying at the Inn at Vaucluse Spring, which allowed us to have a free tasting at Linden Vineyards and also access their charming sitting area for wine and cheese after our tasting and tour. Normally you only get access if you are a member, which means buying a case of wine. They sell most of their wine to members, a bit to restaurants, and none to shops. It is worth checking with your B&B to ask if they have the same agreement – this touch made our visit to Linden very special. We had the best technical wine tour we have ever had at Linden – we got there at 11:30am on a Sunday and were able to have a one-on-one tour with a very knowledgeable member of their team (Andrew). He took us to the grounds and walked us through every step of the winemaking process in a clear manner and was able to answer all our detailed questions. Truly a treat. The grounds are large and very beautiful, as is the reception area of the vineyard, hung with lovely local art, a very appealing environment in which to spend an afternoon.

The tastings are lovely; wines are surprisingly good, & in quite a number of styles.The staff who do these are very friendly, but vary quite a bit in their knowledge of wine.

Top tip 1: On a Sunday, arrive at 11:30 for the tour -- you'll beat the crowds -- it gets busier from about noon onwards

Top tip 2: See if your B&B lets you access their seating area -- then order some wines and some local cheeses -- definitely also try the Sperryano ham, a fabulous jamon Serrano/prosciutto style ham made locally, with a baguette (a batard from Tribeca ovens)

Visited August 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
10 attraction reviews
“Excellent wine for Virginia, but not customer friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I do a lot of wine tasting in Virginia, and had heard Linden was very good. After visiting, I was not disappointed in the wine. Lindines Whites, especially, stood out above most other Virginia vinyards. The knock on Linden is that it's not very customer friendly. I found this to be true as well.
There's really nowhere to sit and have wine at this winery unless you're a member of their club. Linden has a lot more attitude than other Virginia wineries, and you get a distinct hint of snobbiness. I talked to the owners of another vineyard, and they said that the guy you owns Linden really likes making wine and doesn't like people. It comes across!

Businesses always do turn out as a reflection of the mindset of those who create and run them. Lynden really reflects a misanthropic talented winemaker.

Visited September 2012
Virgina
10 attraction reviews
“Linden Vineyards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spectacular Beauty here,Grounds are well groomed.
Great place for a lazy afternoon enjoying the wine and the scenery.
Pair this visit with some of the other local wineries such as Philip Carter or Rappahannock Cellars!

Visited July 2013
Newark, Delaware, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Hard to find, Beautiful View, Worth theTrip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Linden Vineyard was suggested to us by the folks at Inn at Little Washington. It is nestled in the foothills off the Skyline Drive near SR 55 and I-66. You have to drive up a country road until you are nearly certain you went too far. But then you see a small sign on the right and the entrance on the left, up a long climbing driveway. Once you reach the summit and enter the Tasting Room, you just know the trip was worth the effort. The Tasting Room consists of an inside and outside deck area with a beautiful view of the valley. We tasted a beautiful Meritage with a blend of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and a Petit Verdot. It was a 2009 and was fruit forward, but with sufficient swirling and aeration it was very good. I am told the site is loaded with thirsty Washingtonians on the weekend, so if you can make a mid-week stop, you will be rewarded with an excellent experience. We liked it and will return in the fall. There is a fee for tasting but quite reasonable.

Visited May 2013
Reston, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Wine! Rude Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

First off, TA should update the details of Linden - this winery is not in Middleburg, VA rather Linden, VA. Linden is 40 minutes away from Middleburg.

Okay here is the deal on this winery. If you are looking for the best white wine in VA - this is the place to come. I'm a case club member and their sav blacn and chard (particularly Hardscrabble) are exquisite!

Now for the negative.... the women that work here are very rude and extremely pretentious. At first I thought I was being too sensitive when I first visited Linden, however each subsequent visit I experienced the same cold treatment..... if that wasn't enough I just hoped on TA to see similar reviews regarding their service.

In sum, go for the great wine and nice back porch (open to case club members only which I think is very caste system esque and something that I loathe) but don't go expecting warm and friendly customer service.

I wish one could take the wines from Linden and hire the staff from Philip Carter or Fox Meadow to create a spectacular experience.

Visited September 2012