“Wonderful B&B offers world's best R&R” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brierley Hill Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Brierley Hill Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Brierley Hill Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
985 Borden Rd., Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Lexington B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful B&B offers world's best R&R”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband came home from Afghanistan for a few days of R&R. This bed and breakfast exceeded our expectations on every level. The proprietors and staff made us feel like extended family. We couldn't help but begin to unwind and relax, and that was due to the people as well as the tranquil countryside. In the evening we were able to go outside on the porch with my daughter and her husband and watch a full moon poke through the clouds as we sipped wine. This is the sort of place that inspires poetry and art. Walking around old-town Lexington was almost like going back in time. We will certainly be back again.

Room Tip: I don't think it's possible NOT to choose a good room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This lovely home feels so warm and inviting but offers the most private accommodations for guests. It is in the most beautiful location with jaw-dropping views of the hills and pastures that surround. We ate breakfast both mornings on the lovely front porch. One of those mornings it misted rain, but of course the porch is covered, and the atmosphere was heavenly! The food was outstanding! Joyce takes great pride, not just in the food she prepares, but also the presentation. One thing that amazed me is the obvious attention to the details of the house. The furnishings and appointments were so lovely and so different. Every little what-knot, vase, picture, candlestick, etc. was so unique and well-placed. Ken and Joyce know everything about the surrounding community and can answer any questions about restaurants, activities, etc. I cannot wait to return!

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This B&B is top rated for good reason. The hosts are indeed polite and helpful without being intrusive. Ken was able to recommend hikes based on our preferences and the routes he recommended on the AT did turn out to be top notch with fantastic views. The breakfast cooked by Joyce is truly gourmet; tea is served in English porcelain pots kept warm with a tea cosy on crisp autumn mornings on the porch (you can have the breakfast inside if you like, but we preferred outside). The house itself is airy, light and nicely decorated. The Wedgwood room is suitable for families as it has a twin bed in addition to a king. The whole place is spotless and conveniences such as snacks, bottled water, tea and coffee are available all day. There are binders with guides to area hikes and restaurants, as well as many informative books and magazines available. Great place to stay and will return if in the area again. Perfect location for access to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Natural Bridge, Luray Caverns, Shenadohah National Park, and the VA Appalachian Trail hikes.

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was speechless when I saw the view from the Peace Room the first time! It really does look as beautiful as the website pictures. We were sad to leave. The breakfast is just amazing. Hope to go back someday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am hiking the Appalachian Trail. This spring I needed a break. Boy, did I get one! The most accommodating hosts that I could imagine picked me up from the trail, treated me like a king and charged me so reasonably I wanted to move in permanently! Ken and Joyce are more like family (the good ones) than innkeepers. The rooms are SUPERIOR, the food is SUPERB, and the atmosphere is RELAXED. The view from my room was so striking that I had to try my new "Facetime" on my phone to show my wife (at home) how special it was. She thought I was really "roughing it". You should "rough it" too at Brierley Hill. You'll love it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ellicott City, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is the #1 B&B in Lexington for a reason - it's fabulous! The property is absolutely gorgeous, overlooking the mountains in the distance. It was built as a B&B in 1993, and everything still looks brand new. Our room - the Love Seat Suite - was beautifully decorated and spotless. Though we chose not to include the whirlpool tub and sitting area in our one-night stay, we saw how lovely they were and how nice they would be, especially if staying for a couple of nights. The breakfast was amazing - peach french toast, cheese grits, sausage, and a strawberry soup. Unbelievable! Most people chose to eat on the porch that morning, while my husband and I sat inside at a table for two with the mountains in the distance and lovely music as well. After breakfast we sat on the porch, just enjoying the peace and quiet. This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast; I'm pretty sure we're spoiled for life. Don't hesitate to stay here - wonderful owners and staff!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I are frequent B&B visitors and the Brierley HIll B&B is definitely one of the top three that we have stayed at hands down. The food is out of this world, the staff is so friendly, and the accomodations are meticulous. The location has an absolutely gorgeous view and you are close enough to Lexington to easily jaunt into town, but far enough away that you truly feel like you're in the country. And Ken and Joyce are the penultimate hosts. Ken's knowledge of the hiking around the area and all the resources he has put together for it were invaluable and gave us a fantastic hike during our trip. Joyce knows all the restaurants in town and so you aren't left stumbling around an unfamiliar town trying to find a place to eat. And no detail was too small for them - down to the welcoming note in our room. We are definitely planning a return (and much longer stay) soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Brierley Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!