“Weekend in Lexington” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Bed and Breakfast at Llewellyn Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #6 of 20 Lexington B&B and Inns
Alexan
“Weekend in Lexington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is my second stay at the Llewellyn Lodge, and I will be back! It is lovely, comfortable, hospitable, and warm - and John Roberts, the Lodge's host, is wonderful. I have two children currently enrolled at Washington and Lee, and the Lodge is a perfect location for my visits. I am also planning to look into booking a weekend in the fall to go fly fishing - something offered by John and the Lodge. Many thanks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Robbins, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We reserved 3 rooms for 3 nights, July 25-28, 2012! We had 4 motorcycles and a support vehicle. We had never been to Lexington, VA and we were absolutely happy with this town and the history that surrounds it!! John, our host, was very helpful in making sure we had something to drink on our arrival and was most accommodating to whatever we needed, even down to tin foil to wrap around our water bottles that we tucked in our saddle bags! The breakfast was great! We took snack foods with us on our rides and were content to eat our dinner when we arrived back in Lexington. Monticello was only 1 hr and 20 mins away, Walton's Mountain was on the return trip back to Lexington, and we even caught a nice ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway, (except for some bad pot holes)! The next day, we spent walking around the town of Lexington! So much civil war history in a beautiful setting! John was very helpful in giving advise from motorcycle rides to restaurants. Beds were so comfortable, and rooms were beautiful! Will be making a return visit!!

Room Tip: All rooms do not have a TV.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
John R, Owner at A Bed and Breakfast at Llewellyn Lodge, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us and our readers. We take breakfast very seriously here at the Lodge, no B&Bs we know have menus where you get to pick what what you want for breakfast. Our bedding is Kingsdown, widely known in lodging circles as some most comfortable in the industry. We have several scenic drives detailed in our Special Guest Info books here most appropriate for motorcyclists and auto drivers as well. Come see us and we will make sure you get your money's worth here in Lexington. We look forward to having y'all again. John & Ellen Roberts Owners-Innkeepers
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Hospitality was exceptional and the food well worth getting out of bed for. John is the true gentleman Host with the most helpful manner. Look forward to returning to such a cordial and welcoming Home away from Home!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nice home, really friendly host (John Roberts) and terrific breakfast - what more could you ask for from a B&B (maybe tips on fly fishing or local sites to visit from a long time local - all available). We spent lots of time talking to John about the house, the town and his history and interests. Loved it!!

Room Tip: Bathrooms were tiny so if you're king size ask about different room options.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights and had the best experiences of our life! The location is perfect: tucked away in a quiet neighborhood with great access to main roads and about a 10 minute walk from downtown Lexington. The quality of the room and house was fantastic; everything was spotless and well kept. But the big differentiator was John. He was an absolutely incredible host, always with a smile on his face and a wealth of information about the area at his disposal. He helped us set up some great adventures, had wonderful stories of the history of the town and inn, and also cooked a fantastic breakfast each morning for us. The other guests at the inn were very sociable and we walked away having made a few new friends! I also can't believe how affordable the rooms were considering the great level of service and quality.

If you love to be outdoors, kayak, or like exploring old towns with lots of antiques, or just need a break from the hustle and bustle of the District, I'd highly recommend the Llewellyn Lodge!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I were in Lexington for business and our niece's graduation from Washington and Lee law school. We chose to stay at Llewellyn Lodge on the recommendation of a family member. We were not disappointed! We had a lovely room, fantastic breakfasts and great conversation with John, our host. The Lodge is in walking distance to downtown Lexington, which is a plus. John provided plenty of helpful information on what to see and do in this beautiful area. We hope to return to the area for more exploring and will be sure to stay at the Lodge.

Oxford, MA

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Delafield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was traveling on business alone to a city I had never been to before. When this happens, I try to find comfortable and safe lodging. When I visited the B&B's website, I was pretty sure I had found the right place. The inn close to Washington and Lee (where my conference was), and John made me feel right at home and looked after. He upgraded my room to the suite at the top of the stairs--way more room than I needed, but it was quiet and peaceful.
The breakfast, too, was very good. And, I especially appreciated John's concern that I didn't have time for breakfast the first morning. Again, it made me feel looked after in a way that traditional hotels just don't/can't.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
John R, Owner at A Bed and Breakfast at Llewellyn Lodge, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thanks for the positive feedback, we hope to see you again. Many times we get visitors here at the Lodge who are singles here on either business or vacation. One of the consistent comments we get from these guests, especially ladies, is the feeling of being in a safe and friendly environment where their needs will be taken care of in a personilized and efficient manner. We take the service element seriously here from the time they make the reservation. Our breakfast times are flexible to meet their needs if they have a professional or recreational appointment It does pay to check breakfast times when booking B&Bs.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to A Bed and Breakfast at Llewellyn Lodge? Share your experiences!