“Very nice staff; Debbie and Judy!! Good value with large rooms and excellent endless coffee :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Willow Springs Road, PO Box 37, Lexington, VA 24450-2949   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Mooresville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here 4 times since Sept. In for VMI football games. The rooms are nicely decorated in a gingerbread type fashion: we enjoy it. Debbie at breakfast is very attentive and goes out of her way to help. Read reviews on housekeeping? Have not found this to be the case. Judy is wonderful and anything you might need she gets for you. The endless coffee on lobby is very nice! With new renovations coming as mentioned it will be great! JWatching ...out 4 U!

• Stayed November 2013
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your stays with us! We love to hear about repeat customers and those that get to know our friendly staff. Our whole staff works hard to make sure your stay with us is wonderful and we do try our hardest. We are going through an upgrade this winter and we are excited about the upgrades we are going to receive. We hope to see you back throughout the year!
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Pros: Quiet night. Clean room. The usual comp breakfast. mountain views. Never saw any bugs. Plenty of parking. The bathroom had a cute little comp rubber duckie which my son loved. And actually upon leaving, my son saw one on the front counter and the woman at the front desk was very nice and offered him a 2nd one. Conveniently across the road from Applebees and ruby Tuesday.
Cons: Pool was closed. When I made the reservation it specified a king bed and sleeper sofa. When I got there there was no sleeper sofa. I told the front desk (who was a younger nice girl) and she promptly switched rooms...however in the new room it was two full beds and a sleeper sofa...So I went back AGAIN and third time was the charm.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the FRONT of the hotel have pretty mountain views. We stayed in 134. Third floor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff works extremely hard to offer a clean and comfortable stay while you are with us. We also want you to feel welcome while with us, and I am happy to hear your interactions with the staff reflect that. I am sorry about the mix up with your room type, and I am pleased Kara was able to get you into the room you requested. We are currently working on many improvements to the hotel which I hope you will come back and see. Thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Charleston, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just spent the weekend visiting W&L after too many years away. Two nights at the BW+ were bumpy. We were given a handicap accessible room, which was not a problem. However, the area for hanging clothes was at waist level leaving clothes dragging on the ground, as well as having to dodge the jewelry safe placed inconveniently in the wall right in the middle of the clothes rack. Everything had to be "scrunched" on one side of the safe or the other. The shower head was horrible, very little water pressure and gave me second thoughts trying to wash my hair.

The pillows were not standard size and after the first night I went to Wal-Mart to buy one softer and thinner. I sleep on my back and can normally adjust to any pillow but these were totally uncomfortable.

I guess my final disappointment that prompted this Average review was the Housekeeping's negligence in not providing washclothes the second day as well as not resupplying cups.

Just little things but enough annoyance to contemplate staying elsewhere on ours next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent visit. Our King suite is a ADA room so some of the features are different than a normal room. I apologize that the closet was somewhat difficult to use for your clothes. I will have our staff check the shower head it is also different in our ADA rooms since it is a adjustable unit it may need to be adjusted. I agree that attention to detail is most important and should not be over looked. Thank again for bringing these issues to my attention so they can be corrected. Your satisfaction is our main goal and with your feedback we can improve. If I can be of any help please let me know.

lexington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Bedding was very basic and a little skimpy, but bed comfort was fine. Towels were very nice and thick. Better than I expected. Breakfast wasn't very good but adequate. We would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences during for stay. We love to hear from our guests. As a Plus hotel we do offer higher quality towels and toiletries. Our entire staff strives for excellence, and we are glad to hear you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast; we do try to change items several times a year to add variety. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Emory, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

this hotel is conveniently located for activities in Lexington, VA. but could use an update. Lounge is impersonal and, like the breakfast room, a hike from the guest rooms. Breakfast was adequate but not special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We do understand it is time to update the hotel and that’s what we are doing now! We will be having a renovation over the winter. If you are back in the area be sure to check out all the new things we are doing to the hotel. We are looking forward to surprising you the next time you come!
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This Lexington Best Western had a small, slightly old-fashioned feeling of luxury. Excellent housekeeping, nice array of breakfast items, clean pleasant room, good internet service. I definitely will stay there again. No game room , no night club, no Kid's Club = just right for me !! This was a wonderful treat, after having just been RIPPED OFF by the desk staff at a Days Inn, Connecticut Ave., Wash. DC. Liars and thieves. Watch your wallet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit to our hotel. Our team takes great pride in offering the best stay possible to our guests. We will be starting a renovation this month, updating our lobby, public areas and guest rooms. We are also adding a fitness room. We look forward to seeing you again.

Navarre, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was disappointed with this Best Western property. I expect more from one designated with "Plus". Skimpy toiletries. Poor quality TV. Lamps on wall were crooked. It did have a pretty lobby. But the place just needed some maintenance and updating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I would first like to apologize for the issues with your stay. Our team strives for the best possible stay each and every time. Starting in November we will be starting a major renovation of our property. We will be adding a fitness room, updating public areas and adding new furniture and granite features to our guest rooms. I again apologize and hope you will come back and see us when our renovations are complete.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge? Share your experiences!