“Pleasant hotel with good bedrooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Willow Springs Road, PO Box 37, Lexington, VA 24450-2949   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Cambridgeshire
“Pleasant hotel with good bedrooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

A pleasant hotel with good bedrooms. However the complimentary breakfast was very poor and served with plastic cutlery and disposable plates. There was no alcohol available when we stayed because the hotel was waiting for a liquor licence!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in regards to your room. Our staff strives to maintain a clean and welcoming environment at all times. We often receive positive feedback on our breakfast, I am sorry you did not enjoy it. For most hotels continental breakfast is severed with both disposable plates and utensils, and they follow the guidelines set forth by Best Western. We often make changes based on the feedback we hear from our guests, and we will keep your suggestions in mind. We hope we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hillsborough, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent hotel to stay in while in the area. However, note that there are 2 colleges in Lexington (VMI, Washington & Lee) plus the Virginia Horse Center. When there are events at these places, all of the hotel rates go through the roof. This hotel did offer us a discounted rate for Dec. 1, 2013 - March 1, 2014 at a very reasonable rate so we will be taking advantage of this special rate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent visit to Lexington. There are several high demand weekends that do increase of rates during the year. We do have those listed and can always help to find slower times if needed for your visit. We hope that you will go back and see us during the winter and take advantage of our great winter special. If I can ever help with reservations or any questions please let me know.
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here during W&L's family week-end, so we expected to pay a premium for the room. But $200/night seems a little much for a place with small rooms and only double beds. In addition, our bathroom was not clean at all. There was a wad of toilet paper stuck to the floor for the first two days, it was black under the rim of the toilet, and a spider web above the bathtub held its dead creator, which kept us company the entire time. The lobby was beautiful, and we appreciated the coffee bar just off the elevator, but many times, the carafes were empty, so we could not avail ourselves of this service. The breakfast was very good, but it is quite a hike to get to the restaurant from the rooms. On the plus side, it was very quiet and most of the staff were very nice; however, I'm not sure we'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. First I want to apologize for the problems during your stay. These incidents are the exception rather than the rule. Our first priority is our guest’s satisfaction. When we fall short we want to make it right. I will speak with our staff about the problems you experienced and see that the issues are corrected and ensure that they do not happen again. I look forward to speaking with you to correct this matter. I again apologize and thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Overall a very good stay. This property is clean and the staff is friendly, professional, and helpful. The beds were a little soft for my liking but the GM was kind enough to contact me after my review on BW to let me know renovations are coming soon! We will continue to stay here when visiting Lexington.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business during your recent trip to Lexington, we know you have many choices available. We strive to offer the cleanest rooms with the most welcoming staff. We are starting our renovations in November which will include a fitness room, updates to our lobby, hallways and guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel and the only real complaint is that they didn't have queen beds. But, the beds were comfy and that did make up for it. It is very convenient to the Horse Center and I loved the horse theme! Breakfast was good - muffins are awesome! Would stay again next time we are here.

• Stayed September 2013
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are sorry we do not offer queen beds. We are glad you still enjoyed the beds and thought they were comfy. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and would stay again. We hope to see you back again soon!
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales
Niederbronn les bains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I made reservations at this hotel because I always stay at Best Westerns and I was NOT disappointed. Great location easy to find just off I-64. Great building. I enjoyed every minute of my short stay from the minute I checked in to the time I checked out and wish I could have spent more nights there. I appreciated the spacious clean room, the access to the INternet which I needed badly and even the gift of a plastic duck. Didn't have time to try all the chairs unfortunately. The breakfast was typical of most Best Western breakfasts and good and served in a nice restaurant. The PLUS is well deserved. I will come back one of these days to explore a beautiful country.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We are so happy you stayed with us on your visit. We do offer several different varieties of our ducks during the year depending on the season or event in our area. We are now rotating bacon, sausage and potatoes on our free breakfast. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Knoxville TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

First I love animals, however while there the people in the next room had three dogs that decided to bark at different times throughout the night.

Other dogs could be heard barking from various other rooms and on handicapped rooms in their main hotel yet the price is the same.

I called the front desk three times to complain and was told they would take care of the problem.

Upon checkout I was given a ten dollar reduction on my room, if I had felt like traveling, would have driven to a different hotel.

Room Tip: Keep driving to find a different hotel.