“Good location, not very clean” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Willow Springs Road, PO Box 37, Lexington, VA 24450-2949   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Phoenix, AZ
“Good location, not very clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here during W&L's family week-end, so we expected to pay a premium for the room. But $200/night seems a little much for a place with small rooms and only double beds. In addition, our bathroom was not clean at all. There was a wad of toilet paper stuck to the floor for the first two days, it was black under the rim of the toilet, and a spider web above the bathtub held its dead creator, which kept us company the entire time. The lobby was beautiful, and we appreciated the coffee bar just off the elevator, but many times, the carafes were empty, so we could not avail ourselves of this service. The breakfast was very good, but it is quite a hike to get to the restaurant from the rooms. On the plus side, it was very quiet and most of the staff were very nice; however, I'm not sure we'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. First I want to apologize for the problems during your stay. These incidents are the exception rather than the rule. Our first priority is our guest’s satisfaction. When we fall short we want to make it right. I will speak with our staff about the problems you experienced and see that the issues are corrected and ensure that they do not happen again. I look forward to speaking with you to correct this matter. I again apologize and thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Overall a very good stay. This property is clean and the staff is friendly, professional, and helpful. The beds were a little soft for my liking but the GM was kind enough to contact me after my review on BW to let me know renovations are coming soon! We will continue to stay here when visiting Lexington.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your business during your recent trip to Lexington, we know you have many choices available. We strive to offer the cleanest rooms with the most welcoming staff. We are starting our renovations in November which will include a fitness room, updates to our lobby, hallways and guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.
Jonathan Burns
GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel and the only real complaint is that they didn't have queen beds. But, the beds were comfy and that did make up for it. It is very convenient to the Horse Center and I loved the horse theme! Breakfast was good - muffins are awesome! Would stay again next time we are here.

• Stayed September 2013
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are sorry we do not offer queen beds. We are glad you still enjoyed the beds and thought they were comfy. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and would stay again. We hope to see you back again soon!
Director of Sales
Niederbronn les bains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I made reservations at this hotel because I always stay at Best Westerns and I was NOT disappointed. Great location easy to find just off I-64. Great building. I enjoyed every minute of my short stay from the minute I checked in to the time I checked out and wish I could have spent more nights there. I appreciated the spacious clean room, the access to the INternet which I needed badly and even the gift of a plastic duck. Didn't have time to try all the chairs unfortunately. The breakfast was typical of most Best Western breakfasts and good and served in a nice restaurant. The PLUS is well deserved. I will come back one of these days to explore a beautiful country.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We are so happy you stayed with us on your visit. We do offer several different varieties of our ducks during the year depending on the season or event in our area. We are now rotating bacon, sausage and potatoes on our free breakfast. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Jonathan Burns
GM
Knoxville TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

First I love animals, however while there the people in the next room had three dogs that decided to bark at different times throughout the night.

Other dogs could be heard barking from various other rooms and on handicapped rooms in their main hotel yet the price is the same.

I called the front desk three times to complain and was told they would take care of the problem.

Upon checkout I was given a ten dollar reduction on my room, if I had felt like traveling, would have driven to a different hotel.

Room Tip: Keep driving to find a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I am sorry you didn’t have a wonderful stay with us. We are a pet friendly hotel and we do charge an extra fee for those guests coming with pets. I am sorry you were unable to get a good night’s rest because of the barking. We are sorry again that the dog kept you awake and you didn’t feel as though you were fully compensated the way you thought you should. I appreciate you letting us know about this concern and we will look at it as a training opportunity as well as a suggestion.
Director of Sales
Branchburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Quality hotel, best I had on my trip from Jersey to No. Carolina, to Florida, and back. Large, comfortable room with balcony. On site restaurant (only used it for breakfast). Lexington is a college town which offers numerous restaurants, one of which I reviewed. If only all Best Western hotels were like this.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The room had a must odor possibly due to mold; with the air conditioning and fan it decreased but was still perceivable. The room was small and the decor seemed old. The lobby attendant in the morning was very friendly, but the one in the evening appeared resigned. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt the room had a musty smell. We will check into this with housekeeping and maintenance. We are also sorry breakfast was just average. We tried to add some extra items on the breakfast bar. We hope if you are back in the area again you will try us out again maybe in a larger room such as a suite.
Director of Sales.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington - Historic District
Robert E Lee Hotel
#6 of 16 in Lexington
4.0 of 5 stars 42 reviews
Natural Bridge Hotel & Conference Center

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge? Share your experiences!