“Roaches” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Willow Springs Road, PO Box 37, Lexington, VA 24450-2949   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #5 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Hedgesville, West Virginia, United States
“Roaches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

To begin with the room had an odor to it. It smelled musty, but not that bad. I didn't say anything about it due to it not being overpowering. Around 3 a.m I felt something crawling on my arm. When I looked up I had a roach on my shoulder. I killed it, but was still unable to get much sleep after that. In the morning I went to the bathroom to get a shower and found one on the bathroom floor. I took a picture of it. Killed it and rolled it up in a towel. At checkout I advised that clerk of what I had found and the pictures. She told me that they would look into it and take care of it. She told me she could not do anything about it. I asked to speak with the manager. She said he was not in right now and to call back in the afternoon and he would be in. To my surprise he was conveniently in meetings all day. After a couple times I asked for the general manager to call me. I have not heard anything from him. This is the first and last time I will ever stay at a Best Western.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our Staff has the highest determination to give each and every guest the best stay possible. In my 7 years at this property I have never seen nor had a complaint of roaches. We maintain a high level of cleanliness both in our public areas and our guest rooms. Upon checking our staff nor our outside pest control company could find any roaches or any pests in the room you stayed in. We take all customer feedback seriously whether good or bad. That is why we did not just let our staff inspect the room but a paid professional as well. Our guests can see from our reviews and from our consistent high ranking on Trip Advisor that we offer a clean and comfortable place to stay with the best customer service the area has to offer.

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Our daughter was showing at the Virginia Equestrian Center and had to be there 2 early days. We chose Best Western for the proximity and I will tell you, I was skeptical. I have stayed at/seen others that were GROSS. This Best Western is a gem! Front desk staff greeted me warmly and had us checked in quickly. Room was clean, bath was clean, everything worked! AC was nice and cold. We were late getting dinner so went to on site restaurant. Again, skeptical, but LATE and hungry! It doesn't LOOK like your typical restaurant, but the food was GREAT!! Don't be expecting a 5 star restaurant, it's apps and burgers and a few entrees. Everything we ordered was flavorful, hot when it came
To the table and our waitress was right on top of refills and friendly. My son and I decided to try the pool although it was quite late, it was open another hour. It is a very nice pool and secluded from
The other guests so you don't feel as though you are keeping people up. I would recommend this for a place to stay if you are looking for value. It was not the cheapest place, but definitely the best value!

• Stayed June 2013
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. I am pleased you decided to stay with us and that you found your room to your liking. We strive each day to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room and a friendly and caring staff.
Our restaurant has a menu that provides something for everyone. As you stated, nothing fancy, but a delicious meal and friendly staff.
I hope when you return to the Virginia Horse Center, you will visit us again. We look forward to having you.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is a very nice property. We did not have reservations and they only had rooms with two double beds but that worked for us. I felt the price was high but it was cheaper than we were quoted at the Sleep Inn across the street. The room was clean and nicely appointed. Breakfast is served in their onsite restaurant, which is a much larger area than most hotels have. This hotel is a little difficult to find and could use some improved signage from the main highway. I would not hesitate to return here if in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for visiting our hotel.
I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and you found our breakfast filling. We just recently began opening the restaurant (HR's Grill) at night for dinner. We offer a wide selection of dinner items to fit everyone's pleasing.
Due to local County ordinances, we are prohibited from any additional signage, but since you know the way, I hope you will visit us again.
Thanks for sharing your comments.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A pleasant surprise awaited us at this fine property. Got it on the 1st bid on priceline dot com for $100 (overbid I think), but still we were pleased, knowing that some BW's are dumps..
Rooms are spacious, & neatly appointed. Bathroom is large enough so you aren't bunking into walls, etc when toweling off. Towels were large & soft. Bedding clean & comfortable. B'fast room large & fare was std. stuff. Window A/C unit was quieter than most.

Room Tip: Coffee in b'fast room was water with brown food coloring added.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be spacious and work efficiently for your stay. We are also please to hear you found our breakfast bar and enjoyed the options on it. We hope if you are ever passing through again you will be sure to stop by and see us again!
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Good price, clean room, friendly staff, ok breakfast and on-site restaurant. Nothing too fancy, but clean and comfortable, especially when compared to the prices of the surrounding hotels. This hotel was 20 to 50 dollars less than most in this area and we didn't need anything more than what this hotel provided for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Louisa, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Beds comfortable, rooms clean (except for dusty hair dryer), breakfast good, but the pool. The pool was a different story. The outdoor portion was dirty and unused (we stayed after Memorial Day). The partition allowed some vegetation in but we still had fun.

• Stayed May 2013
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and would return again if you had the opportunity. Our outdoor pool is opening later than usual due to the cold temperatures. We are glad you were still able to use the indoor part and enjoy our pool. Thank you so much for your review and I hope we see you again soon.
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge? Share your experiences!