“How to Experience Lexington” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Georges

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
The Georges
You added The Georges to your Saves list
11 N. Main St, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Lexington B&B and Inns
Gainesville, FL
“How to Experience Lexington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I wrote a review last fall, but somehow it never posted. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed my stay at the Georges (3 nights mid-week September, 2014). I was pampered by seriously friendly staff, pampered by the lux shower, pampered by the entire experience, and pampered by the owners who gave me the nickel tour one night. The location is perfect and, while my room faced the street, I was not as aware of street noise as I am in my own home. Breakfast (across the street) was truly memorable. I've never enjoyed any hotel as much as I enjoyed The Georges. I was actually sad to leave.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a find! Thoroughly enjoyed everything about The Georges. Beautiful restoration with all the modern comforts. Frette sheets, gorgeous grass cloth wallpaper, cozy bar, great breakfast and exceptional staff. Worth a detour to stay here.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This should be your first choice in Lexington. The inn is located smack downtown, in a lovingly restored and now slightly funky/modern building. It's luxurious, welcoming, comfortable and has all the bells and whistles, like heated bathroom floors, heated towel racks, modern, large showers, etc. Our room (14) even had a wonderful soaking tub, great after a long day of touring. Cookies welcome you at the reception desk, and the room includes Georges labelled bottled water on the nightstands, nice touch. The bed and linens are very comfortable, soaps and such are Gilchrist and Soames, comfy robes for your use. I really can't think of any downsides. Breakfast was a spread of bakery items, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee and juice. You could also order eggs/bacon/toast. Breakfast is included in your stay. Staff was very professional and friendly. I especially enjoyed watching the innkeepers/desk staff notice the bar was hopping (on a Monday early evening!) and come in to help the bar staff. That speaks so well of staff and training. We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is truly one of the most loveliest places I have ever stayed. The decor is beyond beautiful and the comfort is of highest quality amongst any 5 star resort I have ever stayed. For a historical town like Lexington, this Inn is very upscale and boutique like.

Room Tip: We needed two queen beds, so we stayed in the suite. Very large and roomy. We had a fireplace along...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Earlysville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I just had our first stay at The George's and I expect it will be one of many. We stayed in beautifully done room 9, the heated floors and towel warmer in the pristine bathroom were to die for! Room 9 has an adorable little balcony an extremely comfortable bed and a fantastic big screen TV. everything is very high quality, from the sheets to the furnishings. Now about the service, everyone we encountered was so pleasant and friendly including Kathleen at the front desk and Mary who had refreshed our room by the time we were done with breakfast. We ate dinner at both of The George's restaurants, Taps and Haywood's and the continental breakfast. I will tell you the servers were very curteous, attentive and the food was fantastic. The scones at breakfast were some of the best I had ever had. My husband is also still talking about the Turkey salad melt at Taps and my steak at Haywoods was so tender I cut it with a butter knife. We unfortunately had to cut our stay short due to a winter storm but we cannot wait to get back to stay again!

• Stayed March 2015
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

The George's proved to be a 5 star experience for us. The property is full of history and lovingly restored for maximum comfort. Each room is decortated differently with definitive and appealing taste to any guest. Lovely subtle paint colors transition to attractive wall paper high lighted with unique mirrors and lighting. Heated bathroom floors and towel racks, and the best pillows ever ,made this a place my husband and I will visit again.Classic Books seem to pop up in unexpected places and the furniture is interesting and comfortable. Food is great at both restaurants and the burger with pimento cheese was so good. Who knew? Breakfast to order is available as well as a table of scones, breads, granola and the best yogurt . I was told everything is made in house. You can't beat the location. We walked everywhere. This property has beautiful porches and outdoor spaces perfect for warmer weather gatherings but we enjoyed the cozy fireplace during the snow. The staff are all very personable and go out of their way to offer a special experience. I rarely comment on places I visit but this this spot is not among the ordinary. A true gem in a beautiful spot in Virginia.

Room Tip: Loved my king room #14. It has a tub and shower.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at The Georges for 2 snowy nights in February. This is a lovely gem of an inn/boutique hotel in the heart of Lexington VA.The inn is located in two historical buildings across the street from each other and it has all been recently renovated. Our room (# 14) was lovely-spacious and beautifully decorated with shutters and king size bed, The bathroom was great with heated floors and a soaking tub; large shower.
Really very nice.
There is a lovely breakfast served in the morning with both hot and cold choices.The folks who run the Inn are very nice and welcoming; even helped clean the snow off our car! We will return in warmer weather.

Room Tip: We had room #14 which as described in our review was lovely. Apparently the rooms in the building ac...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Georges? Share your experiences!