“Great Service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

This was our first trip to Lexington and we were pleased with our choice to stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Every staff member we came in touch with was friendly and very helpful for suggestions on hiking and dining. It is located outside of the downtown area but easily accessible and only a few minutes away. The room we were assigned turned out to be a suite with full kitchen and was spotless. The separate sitting area was a real plus since my wife gets up earlier than I do when traveling, giving her a place to be comfortable and enjoy her coffee while allowing me to "sleep in".

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I was on my way to West Virginia and had gotten lost on the way to Lexington. When I arrived at the hotel, I was very stressed to say the least. The man at the front desk, Anil, was very empathetic and helped me to feel at ease. I had reserved a basic room, and discovered that my room was actually like a mini suite! It had a living room area with a TV, fridge, chair and table. The "bedroom" also had a TV.

The next day, Anil assisted me with directions to my destination, told me about the safety benefits of a GPS, and recommended a brand he believed to be reliable. In spite of my stressful arrival, he made my stay a very pleasant one.

Thanks Anil!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

The exterior is fairly impressive for this class of hotel. Inside the decor and furniture are dated, and the one elevator is not sufficient. Beds are comfortable; chairs are definitely not. Bathrooms are well appointed with better than average hotel towels. Breakfast includes hot options along with a varied selection of pastries, fruit, cereal and yogurt. During this flu season, we appreciated the individually wrapped utensils and the dispensers of anti-bacterial lotion in public areas.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

We always stay at Holiday Inn Express when we travel. This staff is very friendly, but the facility is quite disappointing. Appears to be a remodeled older motel. No pool or work out room, one very small elevator so be prepared to stand in line to use it. The king suite is extremely small. No kitchenette, love seat or chair with ottomen like most suites have. This motel is not up to Holiday Inn Express standards, it does not have the quality and consistency of other Holiday Inn Express motels. We paid $136 for our one night there, not worth the money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Lorton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

The room (odd number on the first floor) that looked out on trees and grass rather than the usual parking lot also made me smile.

If you read many of my reviews you know that I've been spending time in this chain. Usually the stay is for a one night stop where I'm arriving late and leaving early on my way to somewhere else. I found this HI Express to be very similar to the others, reasonably priced, clean, neat, and a good breakfast to get me going in the morning. However, this room didn't have a mini-fridge and I missed that. I plan to continue using the chain.

I also did not find any issues with motion detectors or AC turning off that others did. I did note there was a master power switch near the door -- Thus I was careful to turn off the lights using the switches on the fixtures rather than the switch by the door. This may have been why I didn't have a problem.

I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff, but those interactions were very pleasant and positive.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

My trip to Lexington, VA was spur of the moment so I was a 'walk in' guest at this property. I knew the property had to be relatively new because of the obvious up-to-date interior and emenities. The staff was great. Very friendly, outgoing, loved their southern accents and hospitality! Hotel was not very clean. In their defense, there was a horse show going on and a majority of their guests were participants in that show. Horse show guests can drag in a ton of dirt. However, I stayed in the Stonewall Jackson Suite and I was a little disappointed in the dusty type dirt that was to be found along the carpet edges and in corners. Definately had been a while since any attention to detail was given to that particular room. I was given a reduced rate but would not have been a happy customer if I would have been paying full price for that suite. And NO, being above the automatic front doors had no bearing on my getting rest during the night. I never heard them one time! Overall, I would stay at this location again. I would suggest the housekeeping staff give a little more attention to room detail.

Stayed November 2008
Fordyce, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

This is a typical mid-value hotel with a good location close to Washington and Lee University and Virginia Military Institute. It was clean and quiet and the staff was polite and helpful. The continental breakfast was well stocked.

Two minor complaints: The elevator is EXTREMELY slow. There was a beauty pageant being held in the basement of the hotel, so there was quite a bit of traffic. In hindsight, we'd have been better off using the stairs despite the fact we were on the fourth floor. I read somewhere that some hotels now have motion sensors in the rooms and turn off the air conditioners after a period of inactivity. I know we returned to the room from a period of time in town and the temperature in the room was 8 degrees over the climate control set point. The room soon cooled after our arrival. Not a major problem, unless you don't like to wake up in the middle of the night sweating. I can't say this was a problem since there were three of us in the room and folks were getting up and down most of the night.

All in all, you could do a lot worse.

• Liked — Clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Slow elevator and motion activated air conditioning.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lexington? Share your experiences!