“Amazing views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of House Mountain Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
House Mountain Inn
You added House Mountain Inn to your Saves list
455 Lonesome Dove Trail, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #10 of 21 Lexington B&B and Inns
“Amazing views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Just returned from a few days at House Mountain Inn. My first B & B. I am in love with the place! Great get away and great food. Tim prepared some awesome meals, breakfast was perfect. Hot tub on the deck was relaxing. I definitely will be returning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

East Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife Teresa and I just got back from a 3 night stay at the House Mountain Inn. We were looking for someplace somewhat secluded in a mountain, lodge style inn. We could not have had a better experience! Since this was a "low" time of year, we received an all-inclusive discounted rate which included breakfast, dinner, and a wine and cheese time at 4:00. Actually the first 2 days, we were the only one's there and our hosts Jamie, Tim, Jeff and Carrie made us feel right at home as they were all very warm and welcoming. The food could not have been better (I'm still stuffed from Tim's dinners!) and breakfast was great also. We had brought snacks but never even wound up touching them until we started for home. The Inn itself was decorated for Christmas, and is beautiful in a ski-lodge type of setting. Our room was as big as many apartments with a spectacular view. I think I could have one jogging in there. There was a really nice 4 mile hike to the top of the mountain - good exercise and a great view, then back to the hot tub in the room and up for wine and cheese. (Jeff did such a good job my wife now wants wine and cheese every afternoon!) I can't imagine how the view would be during leaf season. All in all just a great time with great people. No downside to this inn, and as nice as the setting was, the people were even better! Will be returning with friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding at the House Mountain Inn with many other friends. We attended the rehearsal dinner and the actual wedding and reception the next day. We did not stay overnight at House Mountain Inn, so this is a review of the wedding venue, not for overnight lodging. (Although many wedding guests DID stay at the Inn, and they all had good things to say.)

The Inn is located about 15 minutes from Lexington. The building is beautiful and the setting is beautiful. The Inn staff were great. Everything was just right. The food was excellent. Everyone had a great time. I highly recommend the House Mountain Inn for a wedding or other large event.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our son and his lovely bride just celebrated their wedding at the House Mountain Inn. The venue was beautiful. The staff delightful, helpful, and attentive. The rooms were well appointed...and I LOVED my outdoor, private hot-tub.

I have Celiac Disease...which means I am gluten-free by necessity, not choice. Traveling and dining out are always a little tricky...but not at the House Mountain Inn. They fed me three dinners and three breakfasts...with nary a mishap. (We had the Rehearsal dinner there as well.)

I found the cost to be extremely reasonable, as well. My husband and I will certainly be returning, so we have more time to enjoy the natural beauty of the setting, the hiking trails, and all the amenities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here right after our recent wedding for two nights. We're not terribly social people so we decided to rent the cabin at House Mountain Inn instead of one of the rooms. The cabin is about 3 or so miles away from the Inn, on the other side of the mountain (still on the property, but not within walking distance). The cabin is HUGE! It can sleep 12 (4 sets of bunk beds and a queen bed), has a fully functioning kitchen and dining area, a back porch with tables, a front porch with rockers and beautiful views. It's very quiet back there and quite a bit of a hike up a steep gravel hill. If you want privacy and total silence, you definitely get it here!

The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous! Very welcoming and cozy. We had breakfast there two days and the three course dinner one night and all three meals were delicious! The dining area has huge windows that overlook the beautiful property. I must have commented to my husband about 30 times about how pretty it was.

I would definitely go back to House Mountain Inn because I would love to stay in the actual Inn itself. I'd go back to the cabin again too, but next time I'd take more people because it's kind of lonely when there are just two of you. LOL.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kelly G
Franklin, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I made reservations here on a whim for our anniversary. Having never stayed here I did not know what to expect. This place is way off the beaten path but what a pleasant surprise. The drive up to the place is on a narrow, paved road that goes up, up, up a mountain. You begin to wonder where you are headed and then before you know it, the woods give way to a beautiful lodge style cabin in the mountains. Upon entering, there is a large stone fireplace with a rustic feel. The outside landscaping is very nice. It has a small fishing pond and some other nice water features. The place was booked solid for the weekend but we felt as if we had the place to ourselves. Our room was nice and had a fireplace and hot tub on the deck. We had dinner in the restaurant and I had the Alfredo with shrimp and my husband had the quail which he claims is the best restaurant meal he has had in years! All staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They have really nice mugs for sale which we decided to bring home. It is a great place to go for peace and quiet. We only stayed overnight so I cannot speak for any activities as I think they are somewhat limited but for pure rest and relaxation, this place is fantastic! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My son and new daughter-in-law recently got married at the House Mountain Inn and had the reception at the "sister venue" the Irvine Estate. The setting was absolutely gorgeous! Jamie and Carrie, the wedding facilitators, were very accommodating and highly efficient. The wedding party and immediate family stayed in the comfortable and well designed guest rooms at the inn and estate home. The food for the rehearsal dinner and reception was excellent and the inn guests enjoyed a tasty and relaxing breakfast Sat and Sun mornings. Jamie made sure no detail was overlooked and was extremely helpful in making sure every aspect of my son and his wife's dream wedding was achieved. One hundred and fifty wedding guests were in awe of this beautiful and fun wedding venue.

Room Tip: The front facing rooms at the Irvine Estate have amazing and beautiful views of the mountains and va...