“Traveled from Florida to Maine. One of the best restaurants.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Located one mile from downtown historic Lexington, Virginia, Cafe Michel is a mix of American cuisine with a French accent. In a casual but elegant relaxed atmosphere, French Chef Michel Galand and wife, Carmen Galand offers local produce, beef, fish and lamb. Fresh seafood is offered for your enjoyment. Chef Michel creates specials daily. Reservations accepted but not required. Casual attire.
Saint James City, Florida
“Traveled from Florida to Maine. One of the best restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was a great dining experience. We eat out at very fine restaurants and this had delicious food, great service and pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Excellent addition to my vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food and service was amazing! It was highly recommended to us by the owners of Fox Hill Bed and Breakfast. My boyfriend and I both had appetizers, main course and dessert. The menu has something for everyone and I have yet to see a dessert menu with so many options - I HIGHLY recommend the Creme Brulee Cheesecake! The chef walked about the restaurant greeting everyone, it was a pleasure meeting him and seeing him take such an interest in his guests. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and the hostess was very friendly. After speaking of our experience at Cafe Michels during breakfast the next morning - a couple staying at the B & B went and had dessert that night and raved about it the next morning! I recommend it highly, it's a shame we don't have a Cafe Michel in Va. Beach, I would be a regular! Can't wait to come back.

• Visited July 2013
Sherborn, Massachusetts
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very good food and nice atmosphere. The salmon was very good and the peche melba was delicious. The service was excellent and friendly.

Visited July 2013
Berkley, Massachusetts, United States
“Finally! Good food in Lexington, VA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family & I recently visited Lexington, Virginia, to attend the United States Pony Club Championships (2013). We are from the Southeastern New England Region (Massachusetts). We stayed near the Lexington, Virginia Horse Park area. We had about 6 horrible meals, in dirty restaurants, before FINALLY coming upon Cafe Michel. As we walked through the front door, it was like a breath of fresh air. We were greeted with friendly faces and welcomed warmly. Our server was amazing. She took great care of us! The menu was full of fresh choices. We ordered appetizers, salads, soups, main courses, & dessert. EVERYTHING was phenomenal. The wine list was also very complimentary to the main courses. The salads were SO garden fresh; as if I'd gone to my own garden & plucked the veggies two minutes earlier! At the end of our stay, the Chef visited every table in the restaurant. When he approached our table, we were so pleasantly surprised at how gracious he was...& funny too!! I can't say enough about this place. It's one of my new favorites!!

• Visited July 2013
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Bravo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went to see the sights and found an excellent eatery. Loved everything about the place. The service was excellent, the food fantastic and the ambiance was delightful. The staff was friendly and helpful. Told us history of the chef, his wine cellar and restaurant. Gave us local input on what to do and where to go. I would go back again and again.

• Visited May 2013