“The Local Tourist” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Military Museums, Museums
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“The Local Tourist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went to visit my sister who's lived there almost all of my life. While driving down Main the museum sign caught my eye. When I inquired, almost in unison she and her husband said, "Don't know. Seen it but never gone in." Figuring it hadn't just opened I made them go in. The sweet Patricia Mountain offered to give a guided tour which we declined. Wanting to make sure we didn't miss major points of interest, well let's say we got one anyhow, of which I was glad. She knows whats in there making sure you know that it's not just some old soldier's closet. (HINT: If she offers, say yes!) What I found more interesting than the pieces themselves was her anecdotes of other visitors like Japanese and German. $3 well spent and my bro.-in-law (Lexington born and raised) got to be a tourist in his own town. Time was enjoyed by all.

Visited October 2012

“Awe inspiring collection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

It took 55 years for the owner's husband to collect the pieces for the museum. The dedication and love put into this museum and collection is wonderful. The lady that owns it gives you a personal tour that is well with your $3. Definitely a must see!

Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
100 attraction reviews
“A Very Nice Military Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Lots to see in here! The owner's husband had collected all this. Nicely done. You military buffs will enjoy your time here. Located right on Main Street in historic Lexington.

Visited July 2011