“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast
You added Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
492 Greenhouse Road, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #8 of 21 Lexington B&B and Inns
Birmingham AL
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Gettysburg, PA. We decided to stay at a B and B in Lexington, VA, spend a pleasant early evening strolling the lovely old town streets and having a nice dinner. The plan unraveled when our car died on the freeway outside Bristol, TN. I let David know it would be quite late before arrived in Lexington. I did not want to make him wait up and we would pay for the reservation but get a hotel. He was very gracious and told us not to worry about the time, he would wait. We got there at 10:30PM a bit the worse for wear. David came out to greet us, was warm and comforting, and helped carry our luggage upstairs. Our room was lovely and it was like coming home. After a wonderful nights sleep, we were treated to a great breakfast and conversation. Frog Hollow is spotless, the decor perfectly suits the homes history. They have a mixture of antique and contemporary which give an elegant but homey feel. Frog Hollow is our B and B of choice in Lexington.

Room Tip: Looking a the website, is a good place to determine which room is best for you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Richmond VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed a Friday and Saturday night in Lexington for a long weekend get-a-way. Frog Hollow is amazing! David and John were readily available for any needs, but we were also able to enjoy alone time in the house as well. We stayed in a room with a seperate sitting/bathroom, and it worked perfectly for what we needed. We enjoyed an amazing breakfast both Saturday and Sunday morning-We both agreed we'd go back based on the food alone! We were in and out of the house all day Friday and Saturday doing different activities in the area, but we were recommended to get dinner at the Southern Inn-which was just as good as all the previous reviews! I ordered the chicken penne, and we got an appetizer-the cheese plate, and dessert-raspberry chocolate chip ice cream-all of which were excellent! Beautiful house and property, close to town but far enough away that it was quiet at night. Would absolutely recommend to anyone!

Lakewood, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I and my wife stayed here three nights. We chose the largest room, the suite. It was nicely done with Victorian pieces, very clean and quiet, and the bed was firm and comfortable. Our hosts, John and David, were very helpful and accommodating. They had a good knowledge of the local area, and their recommendations were very accurate. Be sure to get a town map from them as Lexington has a historic downtown with narrow one-way streets that can be a bit confusing. The B&B is on the outskirts of town but you can get downtown in 10 minutes or so. The breakfasts are very good, quite tasty, and the hosts are sensitive to any dietary need or preferences you might have. It was quite a pleasant stay, and we would definitely stay there again.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I don't even know where to begin everything was so perfect! Let's start with Daisy, the greeter, she is the sweetest little cat you'll ever meet. She came right up to the car when we opened the door to say welcome home. We were then greeted by the friendliest host. They both were full of great stories and conversation. The outside is very inviting with it's southern style architecture with beautiful porches on both levels and comfy old rocking chairs. The house had so much character, everything was also spotless.
The host recommended a great restaurant in town called the Southern Inn Restaurant. This is a must for any guests looking for fancy southern cuisine. Back to the b&b, we awoke to the smell of fresh bacon being cooked! The breakfast they served was fabulous. We started with a fresh fruit bowl, blueberry pancakes with a sage compound butter, bacon, eggs, local cheese, hot tea and coffee.
This is definitely a must for anyone traveling through Lexington, VA. This is a perfect little getaway for anyone living in Roanoke!
I want to thank the John and David for helping to make my boyfriend and I's engagement so special. We will never forget what a wonderful experience!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

While planning my neice's wedding, we needed the perfect B&B, while comparing all the local places for the bride and groom to stay, we came across FROG HOLLOW. From the first contact we had, with David, he was totally professional, answered all my questions. I had a bunch, and bless his heart, he always returned my emails, quickly, and made me feel at ease, deciding to have my family stay at their Inn.
I had several special requests, for the bride and groom, which David was instrumental in helping with. ( accepting deliveries, and placing items in their room, while they were attending their wedding) They were very happily surprised!
My neice and her new husband, told us all about the glorious breakfasts they enjoyed.
David went far and above all my expectations, something you just don't get at a hotel, nor I expect, at all Inns. Thank goodness we choose Frog Hollow!!!
Gail Graham

• Stayed August 2013
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

John and David were so cordial and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. They drew us a great little map of the downtown area and suggested a very tasty restaurant. A great location, feeling very rural, but just a few minutes from town.

Room Tip: Whirlpool not available during our visit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Hope, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in Lexington to do some cycling on the Blue Ridge Parkway and were extremely pleased with our choice of Frog Hollow B&B. We have stayed in many B&B's over the years and can say that John and David are truly excellent hosts. They made us feel at home immediately, and helped with everything from dinner recommendations and reservations to storing our bikes in their locked porch. They are also just wonderful, interesting people to talk with!

Our breakfasts were excellent, catered to our needs perfectly. Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable, and we especially enjoyed sitting out on the second floor porch in the evenings. All of this was made more lovely by the adorable welcome we received from Daisy, the cat. Daisy is so affectionate that we wanted to take her home with us! (FYI, I am allergic to cats, but the cats at Frog Hollow do not live in the part of the home where the B&B guests stay.)

We loved our stay and highly recommend Frog Hollow!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!