“Happy to Find Frog Hollow!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
492 Greenhouse Road, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #3 of 21 Lexington B&B and Inns
British Virgin Islands
“Happy to Find Frog Hollow!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

After a long and stressful day of driving, Frog Hollow filled the bill. I was lucky to find a room on short notice. John and David were great; I appreciated their dinner recommendation of Southern Inn. Lexington is a charming town and Frog Hollow fits right in. Southern charm; very comfotable!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Belmont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just returned form Virginia and had a chance to stay at Frog Hollow. John and David are the best, their inn is excellent, they are very accomodating, the breakfast fantastic. We stayed in the garden room which was delightful. They were a great help with dinner recommendations and where to visit. I would return again and again for the hospitality and location. This inn can't be beat

Richard & Barbara

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Roanoke,VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently stayed here at Frog Hollow. I was meeting a friend halfway between our homes and decided a B&B may be a good idea. John and David were so very accomodating-knowing our short time together, they allowed us to check in early-and that was just the beginning of their outstanding and very genuine hospitality! The home was absolutely beautiful. These 2 thought of everything! We felt very comfortable and at home, using not only our room but sitting on the porch in rockers watching the birds and chipmunks and watching some tv in the parlor. The breakfast was delicious!! When we arrived in the dining area for breakfast, there was nice music and candles...a very intimate space that felt very special. The poached pears were definately the highlight! We were so delighted on every level that we were sad we had to leave! I would recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful place to stay out of the bustle of the city traffic, yet only a few minutes drive to everything! We will definately be returning on a halfway trip in the future!

• Stayed October 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Was traveling to Lexington, VA for a wedding this past weekend, wasn't satisfied with the hotel options in the area so I tried my luck on a B&B site, luckily the first place I called was Frog Hollow. Making the reservation over the phone was very easy. Once we arrived, we were blown away by the property, it was right out of a dream, and we were greated by two cats when we pulled into teh driveway. The grounds were beautifully landscaped, and when we got inside the home was white glove clean, my girlfriend kept saying how "perfect" everything was. Our room was great, very spacious and the bathroom was large as well, we were staying in the Garden Room. The room had everything we needed, extra towels, iron, hairdryer, board games, etc. There was also a balcony with rocking chairs on the second level, as well as a mini fridge with complementary bottled water and a basket of snacks. When we started talking with the owners John & David they asked us if we had dinner plans, they then promptly made several suggestions based on what we were in the mood for, made a phone call to get us an immediate reservation (the restaurant was packed, I have no idea how they got us a table) and even hand drew a map to show us how to get there (it was about a 5 minute drive to the downtown were the restaurant was and the map was perfect). The bed was very comfortable, and the room was comfortable temperature wise as well (They had central air, and the room had a ceiling fan as well), also very quiet (both indoors and out). We had a great nights sleep, and it was well earned after a long drive from NYC. Breakfast the next morning was incredible, expertly prepared, everything tasted great, even the coffee was out of this world. We had some time to kill before the wedding, and they made several suggestions for places around town to check out, even gave us their cell phone numbers in case we got lost or needed anything. After a long night out at the wedding the room was an oasis, it was definitely a top 10 nights sleep I've ever had. Again breakfast was amazing, and it was tough to say goodbye, but we look forward to coming back.
Also, if you are an animal lover you'll be happy to know that the owners are very involved at the local animal shelter and have rescued several cats and a dog. Which my girlfriend and I really loved, seeing as we share those same values.
David and John are great hosts, and you would be crazy to stay anywhere else on your trip to Lexington.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Atherton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

These guys (and their guests) are top-notch! Friendly, informed, they could be tour guides as easily as B&B owners. Their house is just lovely, with lots of personal touches, and the breakfast is like eating in France (only you get more food and hospitality). Even the 'weeds' in the parking area are beautiful -- I was encouraged to dig up as many as I wanted and take them home (which I did -- I love collecting plants). It is unusual to find a place this nice for this price. And Lexington was a wonderful long-weekend getaway too. Don't forget to stop by the corn-hole house on your way to Lexington -- at least for a look -- it's a cultural experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shenandoah Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a fantastic weekend at Frog Hollow B&B!
A friend and I visited for the weekend, and our expectations were exceeded! We were greeted at once by John, who immediately gave us a warm welcome! The Inn was tasteful, whimsical, and very, very comfortable. All of our needs were anticipated and met with good cheer, and the owners are so personable and friendly!
Even though this B&B was only a short distance from a major road and the town of Lexington itself, my friend nd I felt as if we were in rural Virginia, far from anyone! The grounds were inviting and well maintained, and we enjoyed many peaceful hours in the lovely gazebo!
Our room, the Garden Room, was lovely, comfortable, and generously stocked with toiletries and necessities, and a refreshing retreat on a hot summer's day!
Breakfast was decadent, and served with wonderful conversation, and the overall experience is one we will repeat as soon as possible!
Thanks John and Dave, for the wonderful weekend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently made my first trip to Lexington, Virginia, and stayed at Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast. I'm so glad I chose Frog Hollow! One of the innkeepers, John, just happened to be outside when I arrived; John and Daisy the cat greeted me and immediately made me feel at home. John showed me around the inn and the grounds. The house sits on beautifully landscaped grounds complete with a gazebo and outdoor hot tub. I stayed in the Cottage Room: it's an upstairs room decorated in bright colors and with wicker furniture. The bedroom also has a separate sitting room with an attached private bathroom. The location of the inn is perfect: close to downtown Lexington but far enough out from town to feel rural. It was very quiet and peaceful. John and David were very helpful in providing information about things to do in Lexington and gave me suggestions about restaurants. I had to get up early to leave on a Saturday morning, and John graciously served breakfast for me a little earlier than the usual breakfast time. And the breakfast John fixed was amazing: a real gourmet breakfast served in their very homey dining room. I had a wonderful experience at Frog Hollow! John and David are such nice hosts and really care about their lodgers. I felt completely at home and comfortable while staying at Frog Hollow. I'm planning on going back to Lexington in August and will have my wife with me then. I'm looking forward to staying at Frog Hollow again and introducing my wife to John and David. Do yourself a favor and stay at this unique and charming inn when you visit Lexington, Virginia.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!