“What a great weekend at Frog Hollow” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast
492 Greenhouse Road, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #3 of 20 Lexington B&B and Inns
Jersey City, New Jersey
“What a great weekend at Frog Hollow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Was traveling to Lexington, VA for a wedding this past weekend, wasn't satisfied with the hotel options in the area so I tried my luck on a B&B site, luckily the first place I called was Frog Hollow. Making the reservation over the phone was very easy. Once we arrived, we were blown away by the property, it was right out of a dream, and we were greated by two cats when we pulled into teh driveway. The grounds were beautifully landscaped, and when we got inside the home was white glove clean, my girlfriend kept saying how "perfect" everything was. Our room was great, very spacious and the bathroom was large as well, we were staying in the Garden Room. The room had everything we needed, extra towels, iron, hairdryer, board games, etc. There was also a balcony with rocking chairs on the second level, as well as a mini fridge with complementary bottled water and a basket of snacks. When we started talking with the owners John & David they asked us if we had dinner plans, they then promptly made several suggestions based on what we were in the mood for, made a phone call to get us an immediate reservation (the restaurant was packed, I have no idea how they got us a table) and even hand drew a map to show us how to get there (it was about a 5 minute drive to the downtown were the restaurant was and the map was perfect). The bed was very comfortable, and the room was comfortable temperature wise as well (They had central air, and the room had a ceiling fan as well), also very quiet (both indoors and out). We had a great nights sleep, and it was well earned after a long drive from NYC. Breakfast the next morning was incredible, expertly prepared, everything tasted great, even the coffee was out of this world. We had some time to kill before the wedding, and they made several suggestions for places around town to check out, even gave us their cell phone numbers in case we got lost or needed anything. After a long night out at the wedding the room was an oasis, it was definitely a top 10 nights sleep I've ever had. Again breakfast was amazing, and it was tough to say goodbye, but we look forward to coming back.
Also, if you are an animal lover you'll be happy to know that the owners are very involved at the local animal shelter and have rescued several cats and a dog. Which my girlfriend and I really loved, seeing as we share those same values.
David and John are great hosts, and you would be crazy to stay anywhere else on your trip to Lexington.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atherton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

These guys (and their guests) are top-notch! Friendly, informed, they could be tour guides as easily as B&B owners. Their house is just lovely, with lots of personal touches, and the breakfast is like eating in France (only you get more food and hospitality). Even the 'weeds' in the parking area are beautiful -- I was encouraged to dig up as many as I wanted and take them home (which I did -- I love collecting plants). It is unusual to find a place this nice for this price. And Lexington was a wonderful long-weekend getaway too. Don't forget to stop by the corn-hole house on your way to Lexington -- at least for a look -- it's a cultural experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shenandoah Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a fantastic weekend at Frog Hollow B&B!
A friend and I visited for the weekend, and our expectations were exceeded! We were greeted at once by John, who immediately gave us a warm welcome! The Inn was tasteful, whimsical, and very, very comfortable. All of our needs were anticipated and met with good cheer, and the owners are so personable and friendly!
Even though this B&B was only a short distance from a major road and the town of Lexington itself, my friend nd I felt as if we were in rural Virginia, far from anyone! The grounds were inviting and well maintained, and we enjoyed many peaceful hours in the lovely gazebo!
Our room, the Garden Room, was lovely, comfortable, and generously stocked with toiletries and necessities, and a refreshing retreat on a hot summer's day!
Breakfast was decadent, and served with wonderful conversation, and the overall experience is one we will repeat as soon as possible!
Thanks John and Dave, for the wonderful weekend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently made my first trip to Lexington, Virginia, and stayed at Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast. I'm so glad I chose Frog Hollow! One of the innkeepers, John, just happened to be outside when I arrived; John and Daisy the cat greeted me and immediately made me feel at home. John showed me around the inn and the grounds. The house sits on beautifully landscaped grounds complete with a gazebo and outdoor hot tub. I stayed in the Cottage Room: it's an upstairs room decorated in bright colors and with wicker furniture. The bedroom also has a separate sitting room with an attached private bathroom. The location of the inn is perfect: close to downtown Lexington but far enough out from town to feel rural. It was very quiet and peaceful. John and David were very helpful in providing information about things to do in Lexington and gave me suggestions about restaurants. I had to get up early to leave on a Saturday morning, and John graciously served breakfast for me a little earlier than the usual breakfast time. And the breakfast John fixed was amazing: a real gourmet breakfast served in their very homey dining room. I had a wonderful experience at Frog Hollow! John and David are such nice hosts and really care about their lodgers. I felt completely at home and comfortable while staying at Frog Hollow. I'm planning on going back to Lexington in August and will have my wife with me then. I'm looking forward to staying at Frog Hollow again and introducing my wife to John and David. Do yourself a favor and stay at this unique and charming inn when you visit Lexington, Virginia.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I generally love B&Bs, but Frog Hollow really stands out as one of my favorites. The decor was charming and whimsical, everything was cozy and comfortable and breakfast was absolutely delicious. The hosts were friendly, informative and very helpful. I highly recommend Frog Hollow!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had a wonderful weekend at Frog Hollow. Very well kept and comfortable, we were made to feel at home from the minute we stepped in the door. Beautiful home in a great area. Quiet just minutes from downtown Lexington. Breakfasts were delicious and the hosts couldn't have been better. Would definitely recommend it and stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Had a great time here. Chose this B&B because it was just outside of Lexington's downtown where it was both extremely easy to drive downtown but also far enough outside of it where it felt like being in the countryside. This allowed extremely convenient access to the various restaurants and shops in Lexington, but also a quiet front porch and gazebo area to relax without people walking by on the street.

The B&B was extremely well-kept and charming. Breakfasts were spectacularly crafted and gourmet. There are even a cats living on the premises that will come out and greet you when you pull up.

The two gentlemen who run Frog Hollow are very welcoming and accommodating with any need you may have, from special dietary needs for breakfast to making dinner reservations for you in town.

Overall Frog Hollow provides a really welcoming and charming environment that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a B&B in the area.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Tolley Suite, which I thought was the best because it is both inside the house (as opp...