“We had a fabulous time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast
You added Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
492 Greenhouse Road, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Lexington B&B and Inns
Shenandoah Valley
“We had a fabulous time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a fantastic weekend at Frog Hollow B&B!
A friend and I visited for the weekend, and our expectations were exceeded! We were greeted at once by John, who immediately gave us a warm welcome! The Inn was tasteful, whimsical, and very, very comfortable. All of our needs were anticipated and met with good cheer, and the owners are so personable and friendly!
Even though this B&B was only a short distance from a major road and the town of Lexington itself, my friend nd I felt as if we were in rural Virginia, far from anyone! The grounds were inviting and well maintained, and we enjoyed many peaceful hours in the lovely gazebo!
Our room, the Garden Room, was lovely, comfortable, and generously stocked with toiletries and necessities, and a refreshing retreat on a hot summer's day!
Breakfast was decadent, and served with wonderful conversation, and the overall experience is one we will repeat as soon as possible!
Thanks John and Dave, for the wonderful weekend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently made my first trip to Lexington, Virginia, and stayed at Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast. I'm so glad I chose Frog Hollow! One of the innkeepers, John, just happened to be outside when I arrived; John and Daisy the cat greeted me and immediately made me feel at home. John showed me around the inn and the grounds. The house sits on beautifully landscaped grounds complete with a gazebo and outdoor hot tub. I stayed in the Cottage Room: it's an upstairs room decorated in bright colors and with wicker furniture. The bedroom also has a separate sitting room with an attached private bathroom. The location of the inn is perfect: close to downtown Lexington but far enough out from town to feel rural. It was very quiet and peaceful. John and David were very helpful in providing information about things to do in Lexington and gave me suggestions about restaurants. I had to get up early to leave on a Saturday morning, and John graciously served breakfast for me a little earlier than the usual breakfast time. And the breakfast John fixed was amazing: a real gourmet breakfast served in their very homey dining room. I had a wonderful experience at Frog Hollow! John and David are such nice hosts and really care about their lodgers. I felt completely at home and comfortable while staying at Frog Hollow. I'm planning on going back to Lexington in August and will have my wife with me then. I'm looking forward to staying at Frog Hollow again and introducing my wife to John and David. Do yourself a favor and stay at this unique and charming inn when you visit Lexington, Virginia.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I generally love B&Bs, but Frog Hollow really stands out as one of my favorites. The decor was charming and whimsical, everything was cozy and comfortable and breakfast was absolutely delicious. The hosts were friendly, informative and very helpful. I highly recommend Frog Hollow!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had a wonderful weekend at Frog Hollow. Very well kept and comfortable, we were made to feel at home from the minute we stepped in the door. Beautiful home in a great area. Quiet just minutes from downtown Lexington. Breakfasts were delicious and the hosts couldn't have been better. Would definitely recommend it and stay here again!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Had a great time here. Chose this B&B because it was just outside of Lexington's downtown where it was both extremely easy to drive downtown but also far enough outside of it where it felt like being in the countryside. This allowed extremely convenient access to the various restaurants and shops in Lexington, but also a quiet front porch and gazebo area to relax without people walking by on the street.

The B&B was extremely well-kept and charming. Breakfasts were spectacularly crafted and gourmet. There are even a cats living on the premises that will come out and greet you when you pull up.

The two gentlemen who run Frog Hollow are very welcoming and accommodating with any need you may have, from special dietary needs for breakfast to making dinner reservations for you in town.

Overall Frog Hollow provides a really welcoming and charming environment that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a B&B in the area.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Tolley Suite, which I thought was the best because it is both inside the house (as opp...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This absolutely charming bed and breakfast was the perfect place for our quiet weekend getaway from DC. Just three hours from downtown DC, Froghollow provided a tranquil escape from the hectic city life. The grounds are lush and the historic house it picturesque. I thought it was the perfect location in Lexington - very close to downtown, but still in a little world of its own. Our hosts went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and provide thoughtful advice on what to do or where to dine. If the grounds and hosts weren't enough, the breakfasts were superb. I wholeheartedly recommend the Frog Hollow experience to anyone looking for a place to stay in Lexington or a just a great weekend getaway!

Room Tip: We loved staying in the Tolley Suite, which has a sittingroom attache to the masterbed. It's als...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

What a surprise to find this wonderful B&B in Lexington, VA. The hosts have done a very thoughtful and wonderful renovation of a stately old home, with great rooms and common areas. They are very gracious and accommodating, and the breakfasts they serve are pretty incredible. I would absolutely recommend a stay here and am looking forward to returning sometime soon.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but the suite makes you feel like you are in your own private home.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Frog Hollow Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!