“Hotel was Great--Worst coffee I have ever tasted” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
Rockwall, Texas
“Hotel was Great--Worst coffee I have ever tasted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Typically, Choice Hotels have fresh brewed coffee and it ranges from drinkable to pretty good. The coffee at this hotel was real bad. When I questioned it I was told that it was basically instant from a machine and people had complained about it for awhile. Otherwise breakfast was OK. Otherwise, hotel was clean bright cheery. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Punch line is I should not have needed to drive to the 7-11 to get a "decent" cup of coffee.

Lastly, we went to leave room for the day abound 10:30AM. I was told by housekeeping staff that they could not freshen up our room because it was too late. Not a big deal, but huh???????

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SHEETAL G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely apologize that you were not happy with the quality of coffee provided at breakfast. However, we are so pleased to inform you that we are in the process of switching from instant coffee to freshly brewed. We have already started a trial for the same and have been getting a lot of compliments about the fresh brewed coffee. We greatly appreciate your valuable comments since these help us improve on the service we provide to our guests. We sincerely hope next time you are in town and decide to stay with us, we can serve you the fresh brewed coffee and get your opinion on it. Thank you so much for choosing us for your previous stay. We really hope you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently rode the Blueridge Parkway with a group of other Lady motorcyclists. This hotel was a great overnight stop. The rooms were very clean and well decorated. The pool and hottub were great after a long days riding. The breakfast was a wonderful way to start our day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SHEETAL G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you so much for your valuable comments. We definitely hope to serve you again as our guest.
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have a 2 1/2 year old Sheltie and needed a pet friendly hotel. I had stayed two nights prior at the Wingate in Lexington because I had a meeting there in town and so I put my sheltie at a boarding place. I did not want to drive through the mountains at nighttime so I decided to get a room at the Sleep Inn.
When I first went into the room it had a very musty smell but I thought once I get the air going in the room it would go away. I was getting settled into the room when I begin to notice several things. What REALLY got me was when I went into the bathroom the toilet looked like it had not been clean in a long time. There was stains in the bowl where someone had went to the bathroom and it had not been scrubbed. That grossed me out! Then I noticed that the tile looked nasty next to the tub. When I turned on the lights in the bathroom there was one bulb out and it was kind of dark.
Then when I turned on the lights in the room itself there was several bulbs out. These bulbs were not the regular light bulb but had a bulb that was in a circle. The shades were dirty, stained and one was ripped.
Finally when I looked around at the carpet it was like it had not been vacumned in a long time.
I was soooo tired and decided to try and make it through the night but I did write all the things down and spoke to the manager the next morning.
I told her that the room overall looked like it had not been cleaned in a while. She mentioned that it could have been because it was the "off season!"
I would recommend to anyone having a pet to check the other local hotels around there.
Personally I would not go back to this hotel.
I started to turn on the lights and

Room Tip: Go to one of the other local hotels!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SHEETAL G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfactory stay at our hotel and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We wish you could have informed us during your stay so we could have taken measures to move you to a different room or address the issues immediately. However, once you reported the problems at checkout, management immediately took action with the help of housekeeping & maintenance staff to fix the problems. We once again apologize for the inconvenience and sincerely hope you will provide us another opportunity to serve you.
Hendecourt-les-Cagnicourt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and the staff courteous and friendly. It was an easy drive from the Virginia Military Institute, which was our purpose for being there, and from a number of good restaurants. Although right off the interstate, there was absolutely no highway noise.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator are noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SHEETAL G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you Miss Kaye J for choosing our hotel for your previous stay. We really appreciate your positive comments and are really glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to serve you as our guest again.
West Burke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at the facility to check it out for a potential wedding block. We were very happy with the facility itself. Everything was clean and comfortable. The pool and hot tub were nice and warm/hot. We had requested adjoining rooms online and were very happy to have them assigned when we checked in. It was close to a number of restaurants, gas stations and Wal-Mart/shopping. You can walk to a Waffle House if you want! The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard, but very well presented and the area was nicely set up and clean. I would say you can't go wrong with staying here. Clean, quite, and a very good value. We didn't end up picking this for the wedding block, but it was a close second. We had a very good experience with the staff, they were very nice and let us tour additional rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SHEETAL G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such lovely & positive comments about our hotel. We feel pride when guests appreciate our efforts. Although we surely would have loved to serve your wedding block, we still are pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. We really hope we get to serve you as our guests again. Thank You.
Baldwinsville, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was traveling through and was pleasantly surprised to find the place. Restaurants close by and warm breakfast they provided was excellent. The room was comfortable, and clean. The only negative was the sound of the elevator every time it reached the floor I was on. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank You Gail H for your valuable positive comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to the elevator noise. However, we are so pleased to know that you would surely like to come back. We truly look forward to having you as our guest again. Thank You.
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Check in was terrible. Very rude desk person. Also, she seemd to have changed our rate to a higher one but that was taken care of at checkout when I showed the check out person my paperwork that showed the rates. Unpleasant start to stay that was good other than that. One bedroom suite was quite roomy. Breakfast was good -- just wished Sleep Inns had more choices for cold cereal than just raisin bran or fruit loops neither of which my wife can eat. Everyone but check-in woman was very pleasant and helpful. I only rated service so bad because of check in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SHEETAL G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention. In this regards, I have explained the front desk person who assisted you at checkin to ensure that such rude behavior is not repeated again. Each guest is equally valuable to us and we agree that negligent behavior is not acceptable. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered. However, we are pleased to know that other than that, you enjoyed your stay and the front desk agent at checkout offered you proper assistance and discount at checkout. We hope you will provide us another opportunity to have you as our guest again. Thank You.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!